Huge News Direct From our Cruise Director for 2015!!

TDF

Ha thats funny. It’s true though, the Europeans don’t mind the smaller ships while us here in America need the biggest and best things. We truly don’t realize the good in a smaller ship like the Magic and Wonder.

Donfan

Having travelled on both the Magic and the Fantasy, I can say there are definite advantages to the Magic. Having two fewer decks means there are considerably fewer passengers, so the lines at the buffets, meet and greets, shows, etc., are a lot shorter. I'm not sure I would take another trip on the big ships.

DISNEY FANTASY

Having travelled on both the Magic and the Fantasy, I can say there are definite advantages to the Magic. Having two fewer decks means there are considerably fewer passengers, so the lines at the buffets, meet and greets, shows, etc., are a lot shorter. I'm not sure I would take another trip on the big ships.

Agree, bar the concierge lounge, and Remy, prefer the Magic.

Tonka's Skipper

All the ships are special in their own way, but we have a soft spot for the Classics.

I surely hope the next class will be between the Classic and Dream class in size and not a monster like the RCL Allure Class.

sweetpee_1993

All the ships are special in their own way, but we have a soft spot for the Classics.

I surely hope the next class will be between the Classic and Dream class in size and not a monster like the RCL Allure Class.
I *heard* somewhere in our past cruises that a middle-road size would be next. "Middle-road" as in between the classic & Dream classes. I'm with you on the mega-size ships. I can say that with full understanding having sailed on Allure recently. DH & I discussed the size of the ship many times during the cruise. For us, it's a lot like contrasting the differences in sizes of houses. There's huuuuge houses out there that are all chopped up with lots of different rooms. Rooms for everything. Rooms to decide what the other rooms will be for. Then there's smaller houses that have open spaces with smart floorplans that don't waste an inch of space. Rooms are used for multiple purposes. We have always preferred smaller, comfortable, intelligent houses. We've lived in houses from 1400 sq ft up to 3000 sq ft. Which was our favorite? The mid-size (1800 sq ft) was great (thankfully, we still own it) but our favorite by far was our first house, the little 1400 sq ft nest. It was such a great little house, so smart, and felt twice the size it actually was. The Allure, while beautiful with lots to offer, felt like a huge chopped up house to us.

Donfan

I just want to re-iterate that, having sailed on both the Magic and the Fantasy, the Magic was a much more pleasant trip. Because there were so many more people on the Fantasy, we always felt crowded and spent lots more time in lines to get to things. I much preferred the Magic.

Disneyfalcon

That will be cutting it close. I'm supposed to make my final payment for my placeholder 2014 Med cruise on 4 Feb. How does that work with switching to a 2015 Baltic cruise?

If it's just a placeholder, you should probably switch that to a standard caribbean cruise or something else where the payment is not due until later this year. Do not make final payment if you are going to switch it!

DISNEY FANTASY

I *heard* somewhere in our past cruises that a middle-road size would be next. "Middle-road" as in between the classic & Dream classes. I'm with you on the mega-size ships. I can say that with full understanding having sailed on Allure recently. DH & I discussed the size of the ship many times during the cruise. For us, it's a lot like contrasting the differences in sizes of houses. There's huuuuge houses out there that are all chopped up with lots of different rooms. Rooms for everything. Rooms to decide what the other rooms will be for. Then there's smaller houses that have open spaces with smart floorplans that don't waste an inch of space. Rooms are used for multiple purposes. We have always preferred smaller, comfortable, intelligent houses. We've lived in houses from 1400 sq ft up to 3000 sq ft. Which was our favorite? The mid-size (1800 sq ft) was great (thankfully, we still own it) but our favorite by far was our first house, the little 1400 sq ft nest. It was such a great little house, so smart, and felt twice the size it actually was. The Allure, while beautiful with lots to offer, felt like a huge chopped up house to us.
You are correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom