How will Universal's Epic Universe effect Disney?

JusticeDisney

Count me in the apparently small group who prefers USO over IOA.

And no doubt in my mind that Epic is going to be spectacular. I’m sure that, at least in the short run, it will put a real dent in WDW’s numbers. Universal, however, will simply never overtake WDW. It just won’t.

TalkToEthan

The biggest impact EU will have on Disney is that Universal is building not one but two new hotels simultaneously with plans for even more.

I see it more as a packaged offensive with both park and hotel.

Unleashing just a park would be an insufficient attack to really make any meaningful impact.

And opening 2 hotels alone would barely get Disney's attention, no more than a mosquito bite.

But a next level park in conjunction with deluxe hotel(s)makes for a mighty nice tomahawk cruise missile.

Last edited:

Tha Realest

I saw Puss in Boots 2 in theatres last week and was really surprised at how high quality of a film it was compared to Disney's Pixar/Animation Studios. It felt right up there , and it was a Puss in Boots sequel! Makes me think that maybe I have been eschewing Universal Studios for too long (haven't been since 2016 with no kids).
Super Mario is going to wipe the floor against Elemental/Wish.

Andrew25

Count me in the apparently small group who prefers USO over IOA.

And no doubt in my mind that Epic is going to be spectacular. I’m sure that, at least in the short run, it will put a real dent in WDW’s numbers. Universal, however, will simply never overtake WDW. It just won’t.

Nothing will overtake the Magic Kingdom. It's the king. With that said, the remaining WDW parks and the Universal Parks will be fighting for scraps with one another.

Lots of people will now have to make the decision between which WDW/Universal parks to cut from their vacation time. Rising prices and limited vacation time will prevent lots of people from visiting all 7 Disney/Universal parks in one trip.

I foresee DAK being hit the most along with USF.

JusticeDisney

Nothing will overtake the Magic Kingdom. It's the king. With that said, the remaining WDW parks and the Universal Parks will be fighting for scraps with one another.

Lots of people will now have to make the decision between which WDW/Universal parks to cut from their vacation time. Rising prices and limited vacation time will prevent lots of people from visiting all 7 Disney/Universal parks in one trip.

I think you are probably going to be proven to be spot on.

Minnesota disney fan

DAK and USF are my favorite parks, LOL. Good thing we are all different or we would all be at AOL and MK:)

Smugpugmug

I definitely agree. For me personally, I would most likely skip HS and do all of the Universal parks. HS is such an annoying park to go to to where I would rather not even bother. I just did a trip where I skipped HS and AK and went to the two Universal parks instead. In hindsight I wish I did AK but oh well.

Animaniac93-98

Rising prices and limited vacation time will prevent lots of people from visiting all 7 Disney/Universal parks in one trip.

That's why Epic Universe is being built. Universal is saying "you either spend most of your vacation with us, or most of your vacation with Disney". They know people can't do both in one week.

I'm already doing UNI trips with a day at MK. For me, Epic Universe may replace MK if I decide it's just easier and more convenient.

Poseidon Quest

I'm going to disagree with USF. I may not be particularly interested in Villain-Con, but considering the consistent wait times for Despicable Me, I don't think we can underestimate how popular the new attraction may turn out to be. In addition to Kid Zone likely getting a quick Dreamworks reskin for 2024, I think the park may end up looking a lot more appealing to families.

Andrew25

DAK and USF are my favorite parks, LOL. Good thing we are all different or we would all be at AOL and MK:)

They are my favorite too, but the general public prefers IOA's collection of Hagrid+Velocicoaster over USF and the newer Star Wars/Guardians stuff over at DHS/Epcot.

I'm going to disagree with USF. I may not be particularly interested in Villain-Con, but considering the consistent wait times for Despicable Me, I don't think we can underestimate how popular the new attraction may turn out to be. In addition to Kid Zone likely getting a quick Dreamworks reskin for 2024, I think the park may end up looking a lot more appealing to families.

I don't doubt the Minion's popularity, but that attraction has poor capacity that causes those extreme wait-times. USF is becoming a much better family-oriented park.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Mgm is the most vulnerable longterm. They “fired their shot” in redoing it…came in woefully short…and now they’ll let it rot with some stuff that is gonna get stale mighty fast

Andrew25

Mgm is the most vulnerable longterm. They “fired their shot” in redoing it…came in woefully short…and now they’ll let it rot with some stuff that is gonna get stale mighty fast

The DHS updates came short, but not according to crowd levels. DHS is packed from morning to park close. DAK is a ghost town after 4.

Walter Elias Disney

Universal Orlando rail station could open by 2030​

This is a big key right here...missed opportunity by Disney. Yes, this will bring more tourist to Universal.

BREAKING: Brightline High-Speed Rail Station at Disney Springs Confirmed to be Canceled​

https://.com/2022/06/breaking-walt-...ne-high-speed-rail-station-at-disney-springs/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom