How will Universal's Epic Universe effect Disney?

Jrb1979

Well, that, obviously, is totally subjective. That said, I basically agree with you, with the exception of Magic Kingdom. Of course, both universal parks are half-day parks as well.
Sure almost all parks can be half day parks if you have a skip the line pass and ride things only once or twice. Like I posted earlier I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to getting multiple rides on attractions.

My thing is if you are going to spend that much money to visit Universal or Disneys other parks then MK why only stay half a day.

JusticeDisney

Sure almost all parks can be half day parks if you have a skip the line pass and ride things only once or twice. Like I posted earlier I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to getting multiple rides on attractions.
Yeah, that was my only point. Most parks can be done in half a day if that’s what you want to do. Unfortunately, some people in this thread couldn’t quite follow along, and instead confusingly thought that I was trying to say that it’s not enjoyable to spend a full day in a park, which I clearly never stated. By way of example, Epcot is, at best, a half day park. That said, it’s one of my favorite places to be and, personally, I could easily spend an entire day hanging out there. To each his/her own.

Jrb1979

Yeah, that was my only point. Most parks can be done in half a day if that’s what you want to do. Unfortunately, some people in this thread couldn’t quite follow along, and instead confusingly thought that I was trying to say that it’s not enjoyable to spend a full day in a park, which I clearly never stated. By way of example, Epcot is, at best, a half day park. That said, it’s one of my favorite places to be and, personally, I could easily spend an entire day hanging out there. To each his/her own.
I could never make Epcot a full day. Festivals do nothing for me and neither does walking around World Showcase.

JusticeDisney

I could never make Epcot a full day. Festivals do nothing for me and neither does walking around World Showcase.
Right. And I could never ride the Mummy twice, let alone 11 times. A ride that short (and boring for all but about 5 seconds) does nothing for me. Which brings me back to what I have been saying all along - this is all subjective, and anyone who tries to claim that their way of seeing something is some sort of objective fact is utterly foolish.

Jrb1979

Right. And I could never ride the Mummy twice, let alone 11 times. A ride that short (and boring for all but about 5 seconds) does nothing for me. Which brings me back to what I have been saying all along - this is all subjective, and anyone who tries to claim that their way of seeing something is some sort of objective fact is utterly foolish.
Agreed. You have proven my point about most guests of Disney and Universal aren't physical ride people. For example most of you prefer highly themed rides over intense thrill. While I like intense thrill, I also prefer a balance between the two. IMO Disney only has two attractions that meet that. They are Tower of Terror and Everest. Both highly themed and thrilling.

I like dark rides but they don't do a lot for me unless there is some thrill with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom