How Will Disneyland End, In Your Opinion?

Phroobar

hggg.jpg

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
He's the head clown but don't forget the circus -

I’m
View attachment 667436
View attachment 667437
View attachment 667439
Good grief…that list is AWFUL.

I knew it was bad…most of Iger years was bad too…but…just…YUCK

NEVER…post that again 😡

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Tiana decides her restaurants and salt mine aren't enough and annexes Tom Sawyer Island. Within a month, Frontierland falls. Fantasyland promptly declares war on Tiana's army of co-op food suppliers, and soon trans-land alliances form, led most prominently by Lt. Bek, Jessica Rabbit, and Mr. Toad on one side and Stromboli, Piglet, and the giant hippo from Small World on the other. Buzz Lightyear, who initially forms a nonaggression pact with Tiana, joins the resistance after Tiana - in an act of historical hubris - invades the Autopia region. Mickey Mouse, Indiana Jones, and Abraham Lincoln face criticism for their neutrality.

There are massive casualties on both sides. Piglet's extermination camps are widely condemned as "crimes against humanity." The fortunes of Tiana's army finally reverse when her Autopia offensive stalls and Redd launches an amphibious assault on the beaches of occupied-Pixar Pier. The war finally concludes when, faced with additional firebombing of It's A Small World, the giant hippo surrenders.

Amazingly, the park remains open to guests during this time and actually sees record profits thanks to the expansion of Individual Lightning Lane into restrooms. Disneyland only "ends," so to speak, when Chapek cashes in and sells the park to Rick Caruso, at which time DTD and Disneyland Park become indistinguishable.

Rich T

Here’s one scenario, and it applies to all U.S. Disney parks: They finally price and tech-straightjacket themselves right into a black hole of mass public rejection as more creative, more convenient, higher quality and very affordable options become abundant while the younger generations feel no emotional attachment whatsoever to a company that has willingly abandoned its spirit and become just another soulless media provider. As profits plummet, the newly-renamed Di$ny sells all the parks, resorts and cruise ships to highest bidders and focuses all their efforts into taking over the online virtual reality landscape.

I really hope it never comes to that, and that somehow, some way, creative leadership that values great, affordable experiences over pure greed is given a chance to truly help this company regain its soul.

Last edited:

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

younger generations feel no emotional attachment whatsoever to a company that has willingly abandoned its soul and become just another soulless media provider.

Unless there is a complete paradigm shift among management, I see this as inevitable. It may not happen anytime soon but eventually no one will remember the days when Disney truly was exceptional, and the gravy train will end.

Mr. Tux

Original Poster
Tiana decides her restaurants and salt mine aren't enough and annexes Tom Sawyer Island. Within a month, Frontierland falls. Fantasyland promptly declares war on Tiana's army of co-op food suppliers, and soon trans-land alliances form, led most prominently by Lt. Bek, Jessica Rabbit, and Mr. Toad on one side and Stromboli, Piglet, and the giant hippo from Small World on the other. Buzz Lightyear, who initially forms a nonaggression pact with Tiana, joins the resistance after Tiana - in an act of historical hubris - invades the Autopia region. Mickey Mouse, Indiana Jones, and Abraham Lincoln face criticism for their neutrality.

There are massive casualties on both sides. Piglet's extermination camps are widely condemned as "crimes against humanity." The fortunes of Tiana's army finally reverse when her Autopia offensive stalls and Redd launches an amphibious assault on the beaches of occupied-Pixar Pier. The war finally concludes when, faced with additional firebombing of It's A Small World, the giant hippo surrenders.

Amazingly, the park remains open to guests during this time and actually sees record profits thanks to the expansion of Individual Lightning Lane into restrooms. Disneyland only "ends," so to speak, when Chapek cashes in and sells the park to Rick Caruso, at which time DTD and Disneyland Park become indistinguishable.
I would actually like to watch this movie

Mr. Tux

Original Poster
Here’s one scenario, and it applies to all U.S. Disney parks: They finally price and tech-straightjacket themselves right into a black hole of mass public rejection as more creative, more convenient, higher quality and very affordable options become abundant while the younger generations feel no emotional attachment whatsoever to a company that has willingly abandoned its spirit and become just another soulless media provider. As profits plummet, the newly-renamed Di$ny sells all the parks, resorts and cruise ships to highest bidders and focuses all their efforts into taking over the online virtual reality landscape.

I really hope it never comes to that, and that somehow, some way, creative leadership that values great, affordable experiences over pure greed is given a chance to truly help this company regain its soul.
That sounds realistic in a horrifying way.

CaptinEO

He's the head clown but don't forget the circus -

View attachment 667435
View attachment 667436
View attachment 667437
View attachment 667439
This. Disney corporate culture since the late 90s is awful and it permeates the company to this day.

Phroobar

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
DL will crack off of Cali while WDW will be the only land in FL above sea level after the oceans rise. Both will be museums while new parks are built on the moon, on Mars and on the new continent built in the southern Pacific.

Vegas Disney Fan

I honestly can’t think of a scenario that would end Disneyland short of the land it sits on slipping into the ocean, an earthquake or fire they’d rebuild, bad management would be replaced long before the parks were at risk, a horrible accident might end specific rides but wouldn’t kill the park.

I think DL will be around long after we’re all gone.

BasiltheBatLord

I don't think the park itself will ever officially close, it's too much of an institution for the company to do so. Instead I think the more likely "demise" of the park(s) is a fundamental transformation from physical themed entertainment to something else (metaverse?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom