How Will Disneyland End, In Your Opinion?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Shanghai and Hong Kong Disneyland will end when China decides to take back Taiwan and United States blocks off all trade and oil to China starting a war. Shanghai and Hong Kong Small World rides will immediately start to look like this:
View attachment 667954View attachment 667956View attachment 667957
CNRZveDWcAASlCC.jpg

PiratesMansion

If any Disney park does close, barring something catastrophic happening to the company, it will be Hong Kong.

Although most haven't moved on from their initial 2005 internet impressions, it really is a wonderful little park that's done more right than just about any other Disney park/resort in the last decade.

BUT Hong Kong the city and SAR has become such a hot potato politically (and was already struggling before that happened and the pandemic kicked off) that the resort has been seriously hurting.

It's so frustrating because they're trying, really trying, to make it all work and get people to care. They've gotten the love that DCA and WDSP really need, at a higher and more consistent level of quality. And when it comes to attendance and revenue they have so little to show for it.

Last edited:

TsWade2

Man's glory is finite and even his best creations will not last an eternity. Disneyland will someday go the way of Penn Station, a forgotten and obscure relic to many but a sight to behold in its time. You cannot prevent the inevitability of conclusion.
Look, I have anxieties when Disneyland was shut down for a year and I thought it’s going to be closed forever. And I’ve become doom and gloom for a year. I don’t want Disneyland to be shut down forever. This is the stupidest thread I have ever read! If I didn’t know better, I think all of you hated Disneyland and WDW and want to be shut down forever because you guys are upset of what Disney did to replacing the classics like Splash Mountain. You guys are nothing but a bunch of greedy selfish savages! I demand this thread to closed immediately!

Consumer

Look, I have anxieties when Disneyland was shut down for a year and I thought it’s going to be closed forever. And I’ve become doom and gloom for a year. I don’t want Disneyland to be shut down forever. This is the stupidest thread I have ever read! If I didn’t know better, I think all of you hated Disneyland and WDW and want to be shut down forever because you guys are upset of what Disney did to replacing the classics like Splash Mountain. You guys are nothing but a bunch of greedy selfish savages! I demand this thread to closed immediately!
You'd be right.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
My, a bit touchy to say the least. All things eventually end. The only question would be by what ? Political, climatological, geological, or economical those would be most proximal reasons. A 6 plus earthquake would require significant reconstruction.

Phroobar

Really, you had anxiety when Disneyland was shut down? Sounds like addiction withdrawal. Maybe it is time to not go for few years.

Phroobar

My, a bit touchy to say the least. All things eventually end. The only question would be by what ? Political, climatological, geological, or economical those would be most proximal reasons. A 6 plus earthquake would require significant reconstruction.
6? You mean a 9. Building codes are designed to withstand stronger earthquakes than that. But then again I wouldn't want to be on Mickey's Fun Wheel of Death during anything greater than a 5.

CaptinEO

Do you think in the year 5000 it will be around?

Will they still have shows that only feature the Lion King, Little Mermaid, and Moana?

Californian Elitist

You people are evil! I’m taking a sabbatical leave of absence before I say anything worse!
Please…relax. I know you have anxieties, but I hope you’re still continuing your therapy sessions and bringing said anxieties to your therapist. If this topic makes you uncomfortable, simply don’t click on the thread. People are free to discuss this topic as they see fit.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
6? You mean a 9. Building codes are designed to withstand stronger earthquakes than that. But then again I wouldn't want to be on Mickey's Fun Wheel of Death during anything greater than a 5.
Matterhorn. Wouldn't want to be anywhere near that.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No

You need to seriously chill out

Miru

Chapek builds enough of a bad reputation in an already tense climate that an act of malice against Disneyland occurs. Acts of malice continue, and perhaps one leads to massive enough casualties it scars the reputation of the park. Further, Chapek’s bad reputation begins to overshadow anything else they do in the eyes of the public, especially younger ones. Chapek tries to make concessions, like ending “wokeness”, but these only work briefly as the bigger flaws come into clear view and major news outlets complain. Price hikes continue, and as Chapek’s career goes spiraling down, the park is eventually abandoned. Due to historic significance, it may or may not become some kind of history museum trapped in amber for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom