How Will Disneyland End, In Your Opinion?

PiratesMansion

Chapek builds enough of a bad reputation in an already tense climate that an act of malice against Disneyland occurs. Acts of malice continue, and perhaps one leads to massive enough casualties it scars the reputation of the park. Further, Chapek’s bad reputation begins to overshadow anything else they do in the eyes of the public, especially younger ones. Chapek tries to make concessions, like ending “wokeness”, but these only work briefly as the bigger flaws come into clear view and major news outlets complain. Price hikes continue, and as Chapek’s career goes spiraling down, the park is eventually abandoned. Due to historic significance, it may or may not become some kind of history museum trapped in amber for a while.
Chapek's bad and all, but the only people who know (or care) who he is are people who follow Disney. There's not going to be some sort of public uprising against Disney.

If there is such a thing that might be seen as an "uprising", it will mostly just be people deciding not to go. Probably quietly and not making a stink about it.

CaptinEO

Chapek builds enough of a bad reputation in an already tense climate that an act of malice against Disneyland occurs. Acts of malice continue, and perhaps one leads to massive enough casualties it scars the reputation of the park. Further, Chapek’s bad reputation begins to overshadow anything else they do in the eyes of the public, especially younger ones. Chapek tries to make concessions, like ending “wokeness”, but these only work briefly as the bigger flaws come into clear view and major news outlets complain. Price hikes continue, and as Chapek’s career goes spiraling down, the park is eventually abandoned. Due to historic significance, it may or may not become some kind of history museum trapped in amber for a while.
Chapek is doing the same things Iger was doing. All the stuff you don't like about Disney or the parks was started by Iger, including upcharges, movie overload in the parks, cutbacks, and paid fastpass.

If Chapek left tomorrow, his replacement would do the same things he does.

Miru

Chapek is doing the same things Iger was doing. All the stuff you don't like about Disney or the parks was started by Iger, including upcharges, movie overload in the parks, cutbacks, and paid fastpass.

If Chapek left tomorrow, his replacement would do the same things he does.
At least Iger also did good things. Chapek on the other hand has no redeeming qualities.

CaptinEO

At least Iger also did good things. Chapek on the other hand has no redeeming qualities.
It's true Iger bought things and and made expensive investments but at the end of his position was building things like Avengers Campus, Pixar Pier, and Cars Route 66 Road Trip (probably the worst attraction Disney has ever made).

Disney can't continually acquire existing media companies. Chapek had to start his job when the pandemic first started with the parks, movies, and cruiselines completely shuttered. Iger started his position by buying everything in sight.

Reminds me of how Eisner was so great early on but at the end was just slapping movie properties onto everything and making cheap rides.

It's also important to know that the economy still isn't stable since he took over. I can see the company being cheap for the foreseeable future.

Miru

It's true Iger bought things and and made expensive investments but at the end of his position was building things like Avengers Campus, Pixar Pier, and Cars Route 66 Road Trip (probably the worst attraction Disney has ever made).

Disney can't continually acquire existing media companies. Chapek had to start his job when the pandemic first started with the parks, movies, and cruiselines completely shuttered. Iger started his position by buying everything in sight.

Reminds me of how Eisner was so great early on but at the end was just slapping movie properties onto everything and making cheap rides.

It's also important to know that the economy still isn't stable since he took over. I can see the company being cheap for the foreseeable future.
Exactly. But I see from Chapek’s treatment of the Owl House as opposed to stuff like Eternals and Lightyear that anything good happening is in spite of Chapek. Will he ever be in a position to do anything good?

CaptinEO

Exactly. But I see from Chapek’s treatment of the Owl House as opposed to stuff like Eternals and Lightyear that anything good happening is in spite of Chapek. Will he ever be in a position to do anything good?
I'm not sure. Maybe things will be "normal" again in terms of money soon. I'm yet to be impressed that's for certain.

truecoat

Only if good=money. He and most in Disney management aren't creative in the least, they equate money to quality so if something sells, it must be good.

Phroobar

All it takes is mechanical failure and deaths to change out current management. Looking at the current state of things, that should be soon.

CaptinEO

All it takes is mechanical failure and deaths to change out current management. Looking at the current state of things, that should be soon.
They will just turn this into an upsell. Want the newly maintained Space Mountain Train? 5 dollars per person. The questionable one can be boarded free of charge as long as you sign a waiver of liability.

Phroobar

They will just turn this into an upsell. Want the newly maintained Space Mountain Train? 5 dollars per person. The questionable one can be boarded free of charge as long as you sign a waiver of liability.
Then Disneyland was turned into a 3rd rate carnival.

CaptinEO

Then Disneyland was turned into a 3rd rate carnival.
1664498233875.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom