Trip Report How to lose 11 things in 10 days - September 2017

Its become some what of a joke, even though its not that funny, we lose things. Especially on vacation. Id like to say its mostly Billy but this trip it was obvious we are both too careless. We lost a total of 11 items over our 10 day trip :eek: So you could say there was some drama, we do have a happy ending though! ...well sort of.

Lets get this show on the road :p

Who: Ciara (ME) and Billy (Boyfriend of 4 years)
20D415A4-A22D-4854-AC55-6A7D29A6BE5E.jpg

Notice Billy's hat? Yeah, It was item #1 to go missing

What: 10 days of magical fun in WDW

When: September 13th-22nd 2017

Where: Stayed at Disney's Pop Century

Why: 4 year anniversary and WHY NOT?! ;)

I'm still gathering all my pictures... there are well over 1500 between camera, my phone and billy's phone but i will try to get the first couple post up by tonight

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
September 18th 2017- Day 6, finale

We went into a couple more shops but ultimately didn't buy anything else.

649.jpg

We had managed to wander across the springs so we took a nice boat ride back to the bus area. It took FOREVER to get a bus this day. We saw bus after bus for the all star resorts but nothing for POP. Once we finally boarded a bus back home, we were running short on time. We quickly changed and booked it back to the buses. We literally just missed our bus. Not wanting to chance it, we called lyft to take us to the beach club. It worked out quite well as we arrived at dinner right on time.

848.jpg

907.jpg

Dinner was great! We were sat with a couple who seemed to be arguing so that was awkward :cyclops:

933.jpg

934.jpg

Billy got a beer with dinner but i didn't note which one. When dinner was over the park was closed. We enjoyed a relaxing stroll out.

955.jpg

956.jpg

957.jpg

Still got a picture though!
958.PNG

1005.jpg

Goodnight Epcot!

Next up: READY TO PARTY!

Ciara

Original Poster
September 19th 2017- Day 7, part 1

Are you ready to party? Cause we were! We woke up rested and ready to take on the day. The plan for the day was Typhoon Lagoon and then Epcot for lots of food and wine.

We arrived an hour after open and the park was still fairly empty. This day i remembered the water proof case! So we took lots of pictures and videos
1103.jpg

1104.jpg

1105.jpg

1106.jpg

1107.jpg

1108.jpg

Firth thing we had to try the new ride, Miss Adventure Falls. Which we went on 2 or 3 more times that day! You could say it was fun :D

1116.jpg

Crush and Gusher was close by so we rode that next! My notes say we went on all 3 slides but i think that was over the course of the day. It was about noon and seemed like a good time for long islands. Kind of a tradition now when were at Typhoon Lagoon

1153.jpg

I had always seen the mountain trail on the map but never took the time to explore it. Drinks in hand, that's just what we did next! It was super cool up there and TOTALLY empty. We hung out, taking pictures and enjoyed our drinks.

1204.JPG

1202.jpg

Ciara

Original Poster
September 19th 2017- Day 7, part 3

1216.jpg

1217.jpg

We found the line for a ride! It was for Humunga Kubunga. It was fun! :D

Then we found another line for a ride. We weren't really looking to ride anything but hey if your here

1233.jpg

1234.jpg

This was the other group ride, Gang plank falls. It was lame! We were disappointed and understand why they installed Miss Adventure

Seemed like a good time for another long island :p We stood by the wave pool and people watched

1257.jpg

1304.jpg

1307.jpg

We couldn't resist getting in and playing in the waves for awhile. We grabbed one last drink and enjoyed it in line for Miss Adventure... Round 2

1340.jpg

This time the put us with a single rider. I didn't note his name but he was nice and a local. Next we went back to Crush and Gusher! I wrote in my notes that we went on most of the rides in Typhoon but we obviously go back to favorites.

1354.jpg

1355.jpg

Ciara

Original Poster
September 19th 2017- Day 7, part 5

It had started to rain off and on but never stormed.

1400.jpg

1401.jpg

1402.jpg

1403.jpg

No better place to be when it raining that where its already wet! Back to the wave pool one last time

1427.jpg

1430.jpg

1438.jpg

As we were playing in the wave pool Billy realized his gauges fell out! Lost item #3
Luckily, because they are wood they floated and it took us some time but we found them. However while looking for them i lost my sunglasses! Lost item #4. We ended up finding those too but not before the wave pool scratched the heck out of them.. I had to throw them away :confused: They were cheap and that was exactly why i had worn them so not a total loss

We had worked up quite an appetite and decided to grab lunch. Sorry all our food photos are a minute too late :hungry: We had company too!

1511.jpg

1512.jpg

1514.jpg

I think you can actually see when i lost my sunglasses in this video... Haha

Our day at Typhoon Lagoon!

Up next: We lose items #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, and #10

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

Love your typhoon lagoon day! Looks sooo empty and relaxing!!

I lost my raysbans in Disney and I vowed to never bring expensive sunglassss again. Didn’t keep my promise though. ;)

Still loving your report!!!!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
September 14th 2017- Day 2, Finale

River journey was cool. There was a lot to look at and I would ride again with a short wait. The Animatronic at the end is indeed impressive and definitely the highlight of the ride. It finally stopped raining and Pandora was alive! We grabbed two green beers and walked around taking it all in.

View attachment 242425

I was drawn to the waterfalls and theses glowing guys.

View attachment 242421
View attachment 242422
View attachment 242424
View attachment 242426

While hanging out in Pandora, Expedition Everest went back online. Rivers of light was also about to start. We thought about our options and decided to skip rivers of light in favor of multiple night rides on Everest. The thought of sitting in wet shorts for the rest of the evening was the big decider. We gave our tickets to a couple outside and ended up seeing a bit of the show from the top of the mountain. We rode Everest over and over until we were on the last train of the night.

View attachment 242427
View attachment 242429
View attachment 242430
View attachment 242431

We left at park close with the masses and waited quite a while for a bus. When we arrived back to our hotel, we went down to the lobby to grab dessert and pick up our beer delivery. We originally had it arriving sooner but because of the hurricane it was delayed a day. I loaded up the fridge and Billy ate his dessert before calling it a night.

View attachment 242428

We were now fully stocked and ready for the rest of the trip!

Up next: Waterparks are finally open! and the lose of item #1
Following..... I love your stocked fridge!
The strip steak with mac and cheese is no longer on the menu at Mama Melrose! :arghh:
Wish I were. Em and I ate there on Sunday. Steak is now a cheaper cut skirt steak with potatoes and broccolini.

View attachment 248710
(Not my pic)

Loved Pandora far more at night. It didn't really work for us during the day.

If I might ask, where did you guys order the adult beverages from? We've looked a few times but every place wanted you there to sign for delivery to prove you were of age. A pain. Obviously you weren't there so there has to be better choices than we found.

And thank goodness Mama's might have corrected their skirt steak mishap of dumb'n down the menu again and your yummy meal might have returned. Mama's has sketchy reviews forever so taking the go to item off the menu...well stupid. Glad you guys enjoyed the good fortune.

We had the second half of our long trip also while you two arrived. We had two days of no parks to 'rest' and get squirmy as Irma was in the middle of our trip. We did have the great fortune to have very low crowd levels in the days before and post Irma. Fortunate this time to be at the Wilderness to ride out the hurricane.

Looking forward to the balance of your lost item report....carry on....a really fun read.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom