Trip Report How to lose 11 things in 10 days - September 2017

Its become some what of a joke, even though its not that funny, we lose things. Especially on vacation. Id like to say its mostly Billy but this trip it was obvious we are both too careless. We lost a total of 11 items over our 10 day trip :eek: So you could say there was some drama, we do have a happy ending though! ...well sort of.

Lets get this show on the road :p

Who: Ciara (ME) and Billy (Boyfriend of 4 years)
20D415A4-A22D-4854-AC55-6A7D29A6BE5E.jpg

Notice Billy's hat? Yeah, It was item #1 to go missing

What: 10 days of magical fun in WDW

When: September 13th-22nd 2017

Where: Stayed at Disney's Pop Century

Why: 4 year anniversary and WHY NOT?! ;)

I'm still gathering all my pictures... there are well over 1500 between camera, my phone and billy's phone but i will try to get the first couple post up by tonight

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
Every time i sit down to write this, i get busy...But i am determined to finish before Christmas. Lets go!

September 16th 2017- Day 4, part 1

We had done a lot with our first 3 days and decided on 2 things for today. 1. WE HAD TO GO TO MK! We had been in Disney for too long not to make a visit yet 2.GO SLOW. We still had almost a week ahead of us and knew if we kept up the long days we were going to be exhausted by the time we left.

We were lazy and watched TV until about noon. We would have lounged around longer but we had an ADR to get to! We started getting ready and just as we are about to leave Billy cant find his hat. We searched the room up and down, but alas, nothing! We started tracking our steps and figure he had to have left it at BB or in the Uber on the way back. We texted the uber driver and he said he had not found it. We called lost and found, they had not found it, but recommend we call back tomorrow. Billy had lost his beloved Portland hat. He was so bummed. We had to get going so we poured our tiny cups of beer and wouldn't you know it, a bus pulled up about 2 sips later. We downed the beers and boarded our private bus to Hoooooollywooood. Shirley service again! Thanks @Tuvalu!

Since we were alone, we had a photoshoot
First for the instagram story
1249.jpg

Ready for a Disney day!
1254.jpg

1256.jpg

1257.jpg

Does anyone recognize this shirt?

We got to HS with plenty of time to spare, it was ANOTHER beautiful day!
1305.jpg

All of our fastpasses were for later at MK, so we searched the app for a time killer. Everything had pretty high wait times but TOT was reasonable at a 20 minute wait.

1320.jpg

1321.jpg

1322.jpg
1329.jpg

1331.jpg

Ciara

Original Poster
September 16th 2017- Day 4, part 2

We couldn't squeeze in another ride, so we headed to lunch a little early.

1342.jpg

1352.jpg

1353.jpg

1354.jpg

1355.jpg

1356.jpg
1357.jpg

We were eating at Mama Melrose! And i was excited. I had booked us the fantasmic package originally and even though we had no plans to stay at HS today, i kept the package for the appetizers. I think we ended up giving our show tickets away to random people.

This was our view from the table. For most of our meal the restaurant was pretty empty.

1412.jpg

1414.jpg

Perfect for us because we took our time :p

Ciara

Original Poster
September 16th 2017- Day 4, part 3

Our server came by and got our drink orders. I got iced tea. Billy got a lemonade and a beer. I didn't note which one but probably a Jai Alai. With the drinks he brought this yummy bread
1404.jpg

Our server was amazing and sneaky with refills, id have a new drink before i even noticed the old one was almost empty and i never saw him coming by!

Next we ordered apps. Pepperoni sausage flatbread for Billy and a Caesar salad for me. I had been craving a Caesar salad all week and honestly it was kind of disappointing. Billys flatbread however, AMAZE! I stole multiple bits.

1406 (2).jpg

1406.jpg

We knew way ahead of time what we would order for entrees...
BAM!

1419.jpg

THIS DID NOT DISAPPOINT! It was as good as everyone says and id order it again and again. Billy agreed. Both of us were getting pretty full so we ate slowly. We were not ready when dessert came. How could we eat more?!

1448.jpg

We had a little of each. Billy liked them all but I didn't care for the orange one :hungover: i gladly gave him that one

We waddled out of lunch and i suggested we watch muppets, it was at a 10 minute wait.

1503.jpg

There wasn't anything else we wanted to do in HS today so we headed out. Taking in some details on the way. I am kind of obsessed with the little window details at HS :rolleyes:

Echo lake apartments looks like a nice place to live
1536.jpg

1538.jpg

1539.jpg

1541.jpg

Neither of us were that tired but the food must have made us sleepy. When we got back to POP, we napped.

Ciara

Original Poster
September 16th 2017- Day 4, part 4

We woke up ready to roll to MK about 6pm. This time there was a line for a bus

606.jpg

Our first fastpass was only good till 6:25. We were banking on that grace period as we hustled our way down main street.

629.jpg

630.jpg

634.jpg

Space rocks signaled we were getting close. We made our fastpass and soon we were sitting here

646.jpg

647.jpg

Since we hit the end of that fastpass, our next was ready when we got off, and it was nearby!

659.jpg

Neither of us had ever rode the speedway! It was a must-do this trip.

Ciara

Original Poster
September 16th 2017- Day 4, part 6

We made it off the speedway alive and our next fastpass wasn't for awhile. I begged Billy to ride the people mover and he unwilling agreed. He thought he would hate it but he actually thought it was pretty cool. Especially all the different views you get of the rides and MK "WOW, are we IN space mountain right now?" "Sure are" :D

721.jpg

I tried to get a good castle photo and ended up with
722.jpg

We wanderd towards fantasyland, Stopping in the circus area to use the restroom. I took photos of some yummy looking treats inside big top suveniors

745.jpg

How cute is mummy mickey?!
746.jpg

Looking at the treats made us hungry. Nothing nearby had short waits so it seemed like a good time to grab a snack to share.

747.jpg

748.jpg

749.jpg

We went to Gastons but nothing caught our eye.

750.jpg

751.jpg

I then remembered Friars nook had mac and cheese, that sounds good!

755.jpg

And it was! It was very cheesy and big enough to share :p

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
I tried to get a good castle photo and ended up with

I did the same thing. When this crazy week is over, I'll go through my pics to see if I ever captured a decent shot (and start my TR. lol)

I then remembered Friars nook had mac and cheese, that sounds good!
I'm quite upset that they took off the Pot Roast Mac & Cheese. That was delicious.

Ciara

Original Poster
September 16th 2017- Day 4, Finale

While we were eating, our 3rd fastpass window opened up. For Big thunder mountain! This was the fastpass we were most excited for this day. Big thunder is just so much fun in the dark! Even with a fastpass we waited quite awhile. In line, we grabbed a silly rolling fastpass since there weren’t a lot of options but it was over an hour away. We stayed nearby and rode pirates with an okay wait. I think it was posted at 10 min but was more like 20. This was Billy’s first ride ever on pirates! I spare the details on purpose so he was surprised by the little dip. We were both a little hungry still and decided on pico bills. Tacos are always a good idea :p We shared a taco plate. It was really yummy!

837.jpg

When we walked out of pico bills, the fireworks had just started. Since we originally had no plans to go to MK this day, I had no idea when they started. We looked at the app for rides near our next fastpass and space mountain was posted at 15 minutes. We made the trek across the park, stopping to watch the fireworks on the way. This ride on space was kind of scary! I was in the front of the back car and it felt as if the car would fall off the tracks.

Billy asked "What are you looking at?" :D
927.jpg

We still had some time before our fastpass so we went into laugh floor. Another first for Billy. We waited awhile but billy really enjoyed it! I think he secretly wanted to be that guy ;) It was finally time for the fastpass so we took the cancer path back to the circus area and rode barnstormer.

I do like this pathway, its quite at night.
1032.jpg

Immediately after Barnstormer I was able to get a fastpass for dumbo!

1037.jpg

1038.jpg

The park was then closed so we headed towards main street, stopping for some photos of this beauty.

1055.jpg

1057.jpg

1056.jpg

We went home with the masses AGAIN. This time we got a stretch bus and they made sure everyone got on so it was a packed!

1118.jpg

I ate my worms and dirt before bed :p:p

Next: The lose of item #2 and MNSSHP!

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Really enjoying your TR. Did I read correctly that Billy had never ridden POTC???? If so, Im glad he finally did. It is such a classic! And yall's park touring style is just like ours, (my wife and I), heavy on the beers!

How did you guys like the Green Grog Ale? And clev-uh boy on Billy's part for sticking with the Golden Monkey. He may have earned a spot in the
"Tambooo" Lounge Club. I will confirm it with @lostpro9het and @Tuvalu ;)

RyPat

I can play along! Here is today’s lineup:
Left nut shade tail
View attachment 251842

Left nut Exotique
View attachment 251843

Left nut cherry bomb
View attachment 251844

Sweetwater BSP quad
View attachment 251845

Terrapin Wake and bake
View attachment 251846

Creature comfort koki buni
View attachment 251847

Merry Christmas my friends!

Feel free to follow along on Untappd, same username

Now THAT is a Merry Christmas!! :hungry:

(oh, and Untappd request sent... because i seriously need to step up my beer game!)

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
Well I didn’t finish by Christmas… Maybe the new year? :joyfull:

At this point we had been to all 4 parks, rode most of our favorites, and were feeling accomplished! We had already been going with the flow somewhat (Hurricanes like to change your plans) and it was working for us. For the rest of the trip we became even more relaxed and it paid off! These are my favorite days.

September 17th 2017- Day 5, part 1
We woke up later than we hoped and had to rush to get ready. Luckily, we had already planned on taking Uber to breakfast. Hotel to Hotel id take Uber every time! Its just so much faster and simpler. We got to the Poly right on time. Love the poly :inlove:

1.jpg

We checked in and waited in line to get our picture with stitch before being called to our table.

2.jpg

We sat at a small table next to a mother and son. The mom became my BFF and we talked the whole time about Disney and our trips. She was also nice enough to take some photos of both of us with the characters!

Photo Sep 17, 6 21 13 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 17, 6 24 09 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 17, 6 58 56 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 17, 7 05 28 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 17, 7 05 39 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 17, 7 10 25 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 17, 7 10 29 AM.jpg

We really enjoyed breakfast. Everything was SO good. Our favorites were the potatoes, meats and the bread. They had removed bacon from the menu but the table on the other side of us requested some so we did too! And every character came to our table this time :D

Ciara

Original Poster
September 17th 2017- Day 5, part 2

After our yummy breakfast we did something different! We took the monorail from the Poly to MK. We weren't dying to get on any rides but had a couple of fastpasses and figured we should use them.

Photo Sep 17, 7 32 09 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 17, 7 32 15 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 17, 7 32 19 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 17, 7 37 15 AM (1).jpg

Photo Sep 17, 7 37 23 AM.jpg

First one was for Buzz! I think this was Billys first time on Buzz. Last trip the waits were always high.

Photo Sep 17, 7 42 35 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 17, 7 42 38 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 17, 7 48 27 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 17, 7 48 29 AM.jpg

IMG_7655.PNG

I didn't note which of us won but i want to say it was Billy. I suck at Buzz :bored:

Ciara

Original Poster
September 17th 2017- Day 5, part 3

We tried to ride Space next but it went down as we got in line. We left Tomorrowland and took the cancer path to Fastasyland.

Billy liked this shirt
Photo Sep 17, 8 00 13 AM.jpg

Little mermaid was at 10 minutes so we got in line.

Photo Sep 17, 8 00 39 AM.jpg

Billy wasn't a happy camper when we ended up waiting about 20 instead. He really doesn't like the little mermaid ride. Next we did something we both LOVE. Mickey's PhilharMagic! We then left fantasyland.

Mourning the temporary lose of my favorite :bawling:
Photo Sep 17, 8 55 26 AM.jpg

Big Thunder was at 25 minutes and we debated waiting. It was getting really hot so we decided to pass. I wanted to do something different and suggested we explore Tom Sawyer island. Billy was game! But the island was closed... The app did not reflect this. It seemed like a good time to head out. Still wanting to do something different, we took the train! I'm sure i have been on this when i was young but i have no memory of it so it was new for both of us. The train pulled up right as we got to the station.

Photo Sep 17, 9 00 21 AM.jpg

It was such a nice and relaxing way to end the morning. Plus we didn't have to use up our energy walking. We would definitely ride the train again! We got off on main street and left the park. It didn't take too long for a bus and soon we were in the gift shop at POP picking up aloe vera. I wrote in my notes we were going to swim but i don't think we ever did. We took naps instead! How else would we be able to party till midnight?!

Next up: MNSSHP!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom