How soon is too soon between trips?

santa's surpriz

Been a while since I posted and this has been a pressing topic for me lately. Hoping to get a few opinions...how soon is too soon between trips. My daughter is 6 and we just there in December 2007. I would love to take her again bc she had such a wonderful time. I was thinking of late Jan/early Feb 2009. Mostly bc I do not have time this holiday season but also to experience another time of the year. I am hoping I can plan it so the Pirate and Princess Party can be option. But I am afraid to set the precedence that we will go every year, the last thing I want to do is spoil my child..I am single parent so I cannot promise her that will happen. On the flip side...in a few years she will not enjoy spending as much time with me! Even though it's difficult to grow out of Disney I think she will enjoy much more now rather than closer to her teens when every thing will be lame with mom...Not a day goes by that I hear, "next time at Disney World..."

Every other vacation option I consider WDW just seems like a better value for the money and the memories. With just the two of us a beach vacation seems out the question bc I foresee it as complete stress trying to keep a 360 degree view on her 24/7 where as WDW is a more controlled environment. I am stuck on what to do...no one quite understands my dilemma bc they are at not in love with such a magical place as I am, so I am seeking opinions of those that share the same passions for everything Disney!

TwoTigersMom

My theory is if your wallet can handle it and you want to then do it. We went twice last year. In January, I went by myself, we just got back from a 9 day trip, I'm taking my oldest son for his 7th birthday in October, we'll be going in December again as a family and then in January I'll be taking my youngest son down for his 4th birthday. I don't look at it as I'm spoiling them. I look at it as building memories and having fun family time together.

Upvote 0

Tinkrbell

I went in Oct. 2006 for my 17th bday & again in Oct. 2007 for my 18th bday. About 2 months after the 2007 trip, my mom told me we were going over the last weekend of my winter break from school, which was also the last weekend of the Osborne lights at MGM & those were something we'd always wanted to see. We left for the Christmas trip on Jan. 3, exactly three months after we left for my birthday trip.

Upvote 0

NCWDWFAN

We went as a family in March 2004, Sept. 2006 and Nov. 2007. My mom made a comment that we might be "spoiling" our children going so often. Taking a vacation with your family is not spoiling your children, it is a time to build memories that will last a lifetime (hopefully!)
Whether you choose Disney World, camping, the beach, or some other destination, it's still a memorable time. I know some people who go to the beach every year, is that spoiling their children? No.
There just happens to be some of us that love going to WDW. We are going in Feb of 2009, but I wish we were going sooner! If I could afford it, I would buy a DVC in a heartbeat so I could possibly go EVERY year.
Go and have fun!!!!

Upvote 0

tdonald

I moved to Orland in August of 2006. Between then and two weeks ago, I visited a WDW Park about 85 times. :king:

At least from my point of view... it's impossible to visit too much

But that's just me.

BTW, does anyone know of Disney withdrawal gum or patches or something?

Upvote 0

Figment25

I will be turning 26 this thursday and since i was 9, i have been to wdw 18 times, with my 19th trip in october, therefore i would say there is no such thing as going too soon between trips. in 2005, my husband and i went with a group of friends prior to being married in March and then we went again in May for our honeymoon, and I was never once bored

Upvote 0

krankenstein

My philosophy with Disney: "The more trips the better!"

I don't believe you can go to often. If it is financially viable for you, than go on the trip!! :)

Upvote 0

MaeMaesMagic

HERES HOW I LOOK AT IT - IF YOUR ABLE TO AFFORD IT THAN GO, THE ONLY SPOILING I CAN SEE IS SPEND TIME WITH YOU MAKING AMAZING MEMORIES!!!:sohappy: WE WENT IN JAN O8 AND WERENT OFF PROPERTY BEFORE WE SAID YEP WELL BE BACK IN JAN OF 09. LIVE IT UP CAUSE IT MAY NOT ALWAYS BE AN OPTION!!!:king:

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I would say, for instance, checking into the Poly a couple of days before you checked out of the Contemporary, might qualify as too soon for your next trip to start, but other than that, I dont think such a creature exists...

Upvote 0

Doombuggy13

I agree with the previous posters. There is no too soon. We went twice in 2007 and are booked again for Sept. 08. I have become the Disney Nut and I do believe that it just builds more family memories. As for the finances, I don't tell the family we are going until I know we can afford it and I have the reservations made. If I could, I would find a job in Central Florida and move there so I could go more. Unfortunately, the family wants to stay here in crappy, cold, tax ridden upstate NY. Until then I plan on working enough to go back every year.

Upvote 0

santa's surpriz

Original Poster
I don't think that the Poly is in the budget! Most I can do is a moderate. I could not fatham being as magical without staying on property. I'd love to splurge on the Beach Club but does not make sense in the winter months.. Actually for two people it is affordable. I do have to cut corners and really discipline myself to save money. BUt I did once I know I can do it again. Fortunately I am lucky enough to get 4 weeks of vaca/yr which carry over, if I wanted to get really wild and crazy I can carry some time next year and take an extra long trip!

I do appreciate the support from every one. I do see it as a bonding and memories, but I do realize that soon it will not be cool to spend that much time with mom, so I really want to cherish it while I can. Unfortunately my mother is the deterent. As much as I value her opinion I need to go with my gut on this one!

Upvote 0

Carolyn1717

As a Disney CM, my grandchildren went to the parks like other kids go to regular parks. We were there all the time, every week. They never got tired of it, nor did they expect to go all the time. They didn't ask "when are we going", we just went. Take her as often as you can afford to, at 6, if you don't live here in Orlando, she knows it's a trip and you take it when you can.

Upvote 0

Philo

I would suggest that only leaving a day between visits is too soon - anything more swings quickly from 'just right' to 'painful wait'!

I got back 2 weeks ago and I would happily go back there today for another 2 week visit if I could afford to.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

The reason why we bought into DVC!!!! We go so often, We have been every year since we got married in 96' about twice or three times a year, our girls who are 7 and 4 have been once, twice and if we're lucky three times a year since they were babies ....If you can afford it, do it!!!( I wish I could have gone as often as a kid, I'm making up for lost time!!) Play around with the numbers on the disney site....you can make it as inexspensive as your budget will allow....

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I have a friend who goes in Sept and then again in Dec. They do the MNSSHP and then MVMCP again in Dec. That is their favorite times to goto the parks. And they are really close together.

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

I could go several times a year and never get tired of it. While I would love to go every year, DH thinks that it is more special to go every other year or so. He's crazy right!?! I say, if you have the money, and you are not charging, delaying paying bills or anything else like that, then go!!:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom