How old were you when you first visited the Magic Kingdom?

Kandi

It was in 2001 and I was 16. It was my first time in the USA and I had begged my parents from the age of 4 to take me to WDW. My first memory is walking under the railway and seeing the castle and bursting into tears. It didn't feel real that I was there and my mum was worried that I was unhappy, it was far from that, I was the happiest I'd ever been. Even now when I see the castle for the first time on a trip I cry but at least my mum knows I'm happy :D

blueboxdoctor

8 years old and have been going ever since, 23 now and still loving it there (some people ask why I still want to keep going, and as you all know, people either "get" Disney World or they don't, so explaining it to those who don't "get" it is basically impossible).

Never realized how much WDW has been part of my life until I recently dated a girl who didn't like anything Disney, won't be making that mistake again.

PhilharMagician

It was the first time I had flown and really went anywhere more than a few hundred miles from home. We spent 2 weeks in FL hitting all the major theme parks and attractions with an 8 night stay in CBR. Was tough to be able to have dinner inside WDW even back then. Most everything was booked solid for dining. We did get a last minute ressie for the Poly Luau and ate @ Tony's in MK just by walking up but everything else was burgers and CS food. There were travel guides, but nothing like the internet today to help prep you for a trip to WDW.

Scor1pion

First trip was in 2008 with my DW, 2 DS's and inlaws. My youngest got strep and a double ear infection, spent most of time in room being sick and doing laundry, wife ended up getting strep (they shared a pickle) and ended up having to take my son to the hospital. Got so bad that for a while the doctors contemplated having him airlifted to a children's hospital. On way home he got really sick and we were in such a panic that we went to find a hospital on way home, couldn't find one, stopped at a police station in Georgia along the way home, they directed us to the closet one. About an hour later a police officer walked in with a teddy bear to see how we and our son were doing and stayed with us for a while. And now I'm crying like a baby at my desk because it was the scariest thing ever watching my 5 year old getting stuck with needles and having IV's streaming in to him so fast to re-hydrate that he turned colors from the cold fluids.

The pickle of death
IMG_0121_zpsdqnnwutf.jpg

corxxgold

I was 7 years old in 1974-- We always touch the third Stone on the right side of the castle every time we go,,, its hard now because that side is usually closed off

danheaton

The first time I remember visiting is in 1980 as a four-year-old. I may have visited as a baby (it's likely knowing my parents), but this is my first memory. We stayed at the Poly too.

whitney37354

13, in 1986.

I think we were there for three days, staying in a cabin @ Ft. Wilderness. We never stayed a full day at the parks, ate all but one meal in the cabin (pretty sure it was Pecos Bill at MK & we all had hamburgers) & my little sister left her purse in the France Pavilion. We had to wait until the next show was over to get the purse back...;

I remember wanting to see Hoop Dee Doo Revue at Ft. Wilderness. Twenty-seven years later, I was able to!

We went with the family of one of my best friends; we took summer vacations together from age 6 through 16. Most of my memories are of being in the bedroom of the cabin with my friend & writing postcards to friends & family at home. I have a few pictures & no video.

pixargal

November 1971. I was four years old. I don't remember that visit, but my next visit, a few years later, was my most magical. I remember being blown away when the monorail went through the Contemporary Hotel.

crosswagon

37- Disney became my favorite place on earth!! Hard to find the words to describe the feeling of driving under the sign the first time and entering the bubble. Been going back every year since!

ryguy

4 years old in 1979. Stayed at a Days inn somewhere on 192. I remember them having those play structures that looked like rocket ships. That was the year I punched Mickey in the stomach because he wouldn't talk to me. And Dad promptly dragged me to the bathroom and taught me who the alpha male was in our house. That quickly ended my mouse punching days.

I also remember waiting a long time in the car to get through the parking gate. Traffic would be backed up for a mile or so. They had a radio broadcast you could listen too while you waited. But I think it was just instructions, no music or anything.

Daniel Johnson

4 years old in 1979. Stayed at a Days inn somewhere on 192. I remember them having those play structures that looked like rocket ships. That was the year I punched Mickey in the stomach because he wouldn't talk to me. And Dad promptly dragged me to the bathroom and taught me who the alpha male was in our house. That quickly ended my mouse punching days.

I also remember waiting a long time in the car to get through the parking gate. Traffic would be backed up for a mile or so. They had a radio broadcast you could listen too while you waited. But I think it was just instructions, no music or anything.
That's an awesome story. I once peed on Santa...never punched a park character...new life goals!

A W Reezy

Just turned 7 in 1994! Enjoyed Magic Kingdom, but oddly enough I HATED the EPCOT center on that trip. Now it' s my favorite park. Shame I didn't appreciate Horizons for what it was back then.

Disnee4Me

24 in October '81, but 19 in July '76 to (DL). My aunt and uncle came out from Cali to the NY Worlds Fair and raved about DL so I was determined to go there when I grew up, which of course I am still in the process of!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom