How old were you when you first visited the Magic Kingdom?

Pacha

The year was 1994 and I was 31 years old. At the time, I didn't know or care anything about Disney, or Disney Parks and honestly wasn't looking forward to visiting WDW. My fiance (now wife of almost 20 years), had been to WDW before and thought I'd have a good time, so she dragged me to MK kicking and screaming. As close minded as I was, I felt the place was special in some way the moment we first drove onto Disney grounds, even before even seeing any attractions. Had a great time there and have been going back about every two years or so since. Guess the heart was open to the magic even though the mind was closed. :)

ninjaprincesst

I was10. My favorite memoy is the bus full of characters that used to drive around Epcot. Those were some of the shortest waits for characters I remember.

I think I must have been about 10 year's old and I think it was the first year the park opened or maybe the second, not too sure. I went with my family---the grandparents who raised me. I loved my grandparents, but I adored my grandfather (whom I called Daddy).

He had always wanted to go to Disneyland, but he just could not have afforded it. I remember him telling me at breakfast one morning that Disney was going to build a park in Florida---he was was so excited. Florida he could afford.

He was absolutely thrilled with everything he saw. I remember holding his big hand and him showing me all the things in the Emporium's windows, the mosaics inside the castle. He must have read up on everything because he tried to show me and tell me about all the little details.

He fell in love with the Pirates of the Caribbean, so naturally, I did too. He loved the monorail and the train, so I do too.

Now, every time I go, I think of him. When I first see the castle, I tear up. I am so glad he got to see Walt Disney World and I got to experience it with him.

Miss you Daddy.

Phonedave

16 years old in 1986.

Didn't go again until I think 1999.

I had the chance to go in 1990 - but I was in college and too "cool" to go on a family vacation.

-dave

MissM

7. I went in 1984. Imagination left the strongest impression on me from that trip. It amazed me and was so wondrous! The ride, the song, the upstairs Image Works...just pure magic.

The Donald's birthday song also stuck with our family and it's something we still sing to each other!

http://www.giveneyestosee.com/donald50/

SteveAZee

13 years old in 1973. We were staying in Daytona and drove out twice... the first time was during the day (it was August and really hot and humid) and returned the next day in the evening, which was a little better. I mostly remember the Mike Fink Keelboats thinking that they weren't very interesting... and that the place was really, really crowded. I still have the map from that year, though, and have been back many times... just not in August. :)

Matt_Black

OK... I give. Was there a thread when this type of hat was debated? Did not mean to bring up an old issue, if it was. I just remember the hat and gun fondly. Our family did not have much money for souvenirs and those two items were special to me. I had them for many years.

No, no, you did nothing wrong. The board's auto-censor automatically filters out words that have naughty or offensive connotations, regardless of context. For example, you can't talk about the actor who played Bert in Mary Poppins without his name coming up as Dick Van . Forget about discussing the Disney Silly Symphony "Who Killed Robin?".

NoCapes

April 1995 - newlyweds! Getting off Pirates at that opportune moment to see fireworks in the sky (we had no idea there was a show) and the look on my husband's face after riding HTH when I commented about the view when the elevator shaft doors open up. His eyes were shut! Needless to say we rode it again. 3 kids later and we can't stop going back.

jonesenon4

1975 i was 13 and we camped at jellystone campground in a tent.i still remember the ticket books there was never enough E tickets.i have since been over 100 times become a passholder and a DVC member. and guess what i still love every trip and cant wait for the next one.:):):):):):)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom