How old were you when you first visited the Magic Kingdom?

Deranged Hermit

Original Poster
I'm new to the board, so apologies if this has been done.

How old were you when you first visited the MK? For bonus points what was your favorite memory of that trip?

I was 8 or 9 when my family first visited the MK and I don't think I slept for the whole week we were there.
As for my favorite memory, when we first entered the park, the first character we saw was Captain Hook..... who promptly stole my sunglasses off the top of my head. :p
Somehow my dad ended up with them back though. ;)

ToInfinityAndBeyond

I was 3. Back in the days of easier air travel, my parents were going to fly us down to San Antonio to do Sea World for a couple of days, but the weather was terrible. My dad said "what the hell" and we changed our flights to Orlando. That first time, we only did one day in MK, but that was all it took. One ride on Peter Pan and I was a fan for life.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I was 17! My family never visited before as a child. I was able to go on a school Honors Physics class trip my senior year. Our teacher gave us the option to pay and go. Our "physics" part of the trip was going to the Indy Car race at the track on property. That was in Jan. 1998 when they still used the new track then for actual races.
I never got to go back until me and my DH went for our 1 year wedding anniversary back in Nov 2008. Now we have been 6 times since and ended up joining DVC in May 2013. No plans on children but we knew we wanted to go at least every other year for the foreseeable future!! Fell in love with WDW after that second trip in 2008! :)

sheriffwoody

I was 24! It was my honeymoon, and also my husband's first time there. First time at DL, I was under a year old :)

I have a horrible memory (it's why I'm a photographer...I document everything that I want to trigger a memory later), but I guess just the feeling walking into POFQ when we got there. I was in awe of the theming! I'd never been anywhere with such detail put into everything. I'm one of those annoying people that walks around gawking at everything and not watching where I'm going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom