How old were you when you first visited the Magic Kingdom?

smbarr

I was 12. I remember riding ToT and loving it! I also remember my mother pushing so hard on the trip to fit everything in that I was absolutely exhausted. I do know that It's a Small World and Country Bear Jamboree can be excellent places to snag a nap if necessary. After that, I went at least once a year until I graduated high school, then never went again until I was 28 when DH and I were in Orlando on a business trip and we took a quick spin by the MK for a day. It was his first time. We are headed there in December for what will be our 10th anniv, and his first real trip to WDW.

POLY LOVER

I was 20 and my friend convinced me that camping at Disney would be a great idea, the only reservation we could get at wilderness camp ground was mid August. He said it will be fine, well it was like camping on the surface of the sun. It was the most miserable week ever. However it was like pleasure and pain, in the day we hit the parks and I was amazed at everything then at night I went to hell trying to sleep on a plastic coated air mattress. live and learn and most of all Don,t let a cheap friend convince you a camp site is better than a hotel at least in the month of August. One thing I forgot the rest rooms were air conditioned so I hung out there for some relief like a pervert. My girlfriend must have thought I had a bladder condition or I was strange. Who cares I was cool.

betty rose

I was 12. I remember riding ToT and loving it! I also remember my mother pushing so hard on the trip to fit everything in that I was absolutely exhausted. I do know that It's a Small World and Country Bear Jamboree can be excellent places to snag a nap if necessary. After that, I went at least once a year until I graduated high school, then never went again until I was 28 when DH and I were in Orlando on a business trip and we took a quick spin by the MK for a day. It was his first time. We are headed there in December for what will be our 10th anniv, and his first real trip to WDW.
Have a wonderful time. Be sure to see the lights in Hollywood Studios, this is the last year for them, and they are wonderful!

Mouse_Trap

14 I think, though I had been to DLP at age 10.

DLP off scared me off Disney for years, I hated it that much.
In fact given a choice of where to go on holiday each year, I picked anything over Disney for the next 4 years.

Then I visited MK (rest of WDW, Universal, Sea World also) and everything changed in an instant.

Tinkerfan4ever

I was 27 years old and we brought our 6 year old daughter. We left our 6 month old daughter at home with her grandparents. My favorite memory was a tie between seeing the castle for the first time and our daughter was chosen to be in a parade around the store that was back by Minnie/Mickey's house. She was thrilled and got a certificate for participation. The look on her face wearing the princess hat and marching around the store playing an instrument... I was hooked.

We have since bought into DVC and have been back yearly! (And the 6 month old who is now 8 has come on every trip since!)

officialtom

13 I think, and honestly i don't really remember it. We stayed off property (one and only time) and I remember it being very rushed with driving, parking... I remember more about the hotel and outlet shopping than the parks. We've always been on property since!

clarabellej

I was 11. I still have my ticket booklet. 11 was considered a child still. Would tell ya'll how much I paid, but need to find the ticket. Have the original map which I always mean to frame. I am afraid of it getting lost in the process. My niece told me if I go to a local store, they can do all the measuring, etc. and I can keep the map and then insert it later. It is in mint condition. I need to get it done before it gets lost or messed up. Anyway, we drove from Texas. My older brother, his girlfriend and me, my mom (who has passed away) and my little brother, who just turned 52! Good times. We made a road trip out of it. Belengrath gardens? Not sure what state that was in. Oddly I was just thinking about that place on my morning walk. Dr. Pepper? Joan Crawford? Not sure if it was all connected. We visited St. Augustine and drank from the fountain of youth. Saw a car that supposedly John Kennedy was shot in. Probably a fake tourist thing. Also Ripley's museum. Remember being excited driving over the Mississippi river bridge. There was a country song popular at the time "Louisiana Woman Mississippi Man." Heck. Time flies. Don't remember much about that 1st visit to DW. For some reason I feel like Swiss Family Tree was not finished. For whatever reason we did not get many photos. Would give anything to be on a road trip with my Mom again. Sorry if this is getting sentimental. I later traveled with my daughters. I have 3 girls. The last daughter was born 18 years after her sisters. We go every year now (me and my now 14 year old). We started going when she was 5. I treasure all our Disney times together. Oh, my ticket book still has stubs in it. Apparently we did not do everything. Wish I could remember more from that first trip. I will have to talk to my little brother.

danyoung56

I got the Disney bug when my family went to Disneyland back in 1963 - I was 6. Since then we visited Disneyland many times, but I didn't get to the World till 1979. I was traveling with a show group, and we had just finished a week at the Strawberry Festival in Plant City, FL. We had a day off, and I talked several members of the group to go with me to WDW. Of course back then the only park to visit was the MK, and as well as I knew DL it was so strange to visit the MK and find things not where they were supposed to be! It took several trips to figger out where the Mansion was, and Space Mountain, etc.

I also remember seeing the promotional area on Main Street that was pushing the new park, E.P.C.O.T. There was a big model, and a CM proudly telling everyone about the new park. Of course, as a longtime Disney freak, I asked this CM what happened to Walt's idea of a city where people would live and work. The CM was confused by this - he tried to tell me that E.P.C.O.T. was always supposed to be a theme park!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom