How much space does DHS have?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Indy can seat 2000 with 5 shows = 10,000

lma can seat 5000 with 2 shows = 10,000

Each have an extra show each week, so lma can have 3,000 more guests per week and 150,000 more each year.

1. What is the seating for Fantasmic!?

2. Since they have cut shows at F!, how is the number of people that can view it weekly, monthly, yearly even relevant, since Disney obviously doesn't care about that anymore.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

2. Since they have cut shows at F!, how is the number of people that can view it weekly, monthly, yearly even relevant, since Disney obviously doesn't care about that anymore.
Top of my head, just under 7000 with 3000 standing.

flavious27

well the Hollywood hills amphitheater can hold about 10,000 guests. In non peak weeks, there are 2 shows with 6 shows during peak weeks. So 20,000 in non peak and 60,000 in peak. I think that the peak week count is 20 (couldn't find exact weeks, used the guide on allears for the weeks of highest attendance).

So that would put attendance at 1,840,000 annually.

Chevross

But theming is so important. If you make it look like the building, theres that much more parkgoers can enjoy.

I know the theme is important, I'm not saying it isn't. I'm saying even though the ToT in California doesn't look like the movie version, people still ride it thinking it's the ToT.

Just like if they built the Monsters Inc. Coaster and the show building looks a bit different from the movie, people are still going to think of it as the Monsters Inc. Building.

Since1976

With more big movies succeeding which do not fit the Magic Kingdom fantasy mold, I would not be surprised if Disney already has some of these unused (or, in the case of the backlot, *poorly* used) open areas bookmarked for demolition.

I would think that TRON would be high on their list of DHS-ready attractions, along with Marvel's The Avengers. The latter, of course, would depend on the success of the film, and on whether Universal decides it doesn't want to keep funneling money into Disney's pockets and closes its Super Hero Island.

juniorthomas

I know the theme is important, I'm not saying it isn't. I'm saying even though the ToT in California doesn't look like the movie version, people still ride it thinking it's the ToT.

Just like if they built the Monsters Inc. Coaster and the show building looks a bit different from the movie, people are still going to think of it as the Monsters Inc. Building.

Very true. I'd just be surprised if TDO skimped out on the exteriors

flavious27

With more big movies succeeding which do not fit the Magic Kingdom fantasy mold, I would not be surprised if Disney already has some of these unused (or, in the case of the backlot, *poorly* used) open areas bookmarked for demolition.

I would think that TRON would be high on their list of DHS-ready attractions, along with Marvel's The Avengers. The latter, of course, would depend on the success of the film, and on whether Universal decides it doesn't want to keep funneling money into Disney's pockets and closes its Super Hero Island.

I think that we can see what tdo's directions will be if they hold up on adding attractions that are tied in with successful franchises. I think that any attractions with marvel will be used in their own land that would take up a significant amount of space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom