How much of the DIS stock plummet is related to the parks? In particular, WDW..

jloucks

I'm a little late to this party, but here are my (somewhat conspiracy?) responses to some above topics...

Disney has proactively alienated itself from a lot of people. I have a mixed politics family, and a mixed politics friends group, and there are more than ever that hate Disney. Like, wacky level hate. Now, I'm not saying who is right and wrong, but I am saying that seems like a lot of unnecessary Hate. Hate is not a good thing for your brand.

Any economic recovery will not be enjoyed by the rank-and-file Americans. like trickle-down has taught us, only the top 20% (10%?) will enjoy it. A little bump up to the economy is not going to get regular people back to the park. This is assuming this is even a problem; the last few times I was at the park, they were busting at the seams with seas of people.

Oil prices? I have lots of opinions on this, but let's just say my electric car is great. Runs on coal I suppose, lol, and there is no shortage of that. ...and U.S. Powerplants are uber efficient. Less emissions running my coal car than running a gas vehicle. ....overall, after 5 years. Lithium batteries are stinky to make, but break even after 4-5 years. I do advise everyone who has 2 or more vehicles in their home fleet, get an electric. I've had one brand or another for the last 10 years.

Our biggest powder keg in this country is not energy prices, food prices, or even car prices. It is housing prices. The 1% are mercilessly stripping the wealth from the middle class by shifting ownership from commercial to residential real estate. Good luck making a trip to WDW when you have a $4500 mortgage. Housing prices up 300%. Income up 8% (for the first 80%)? Yeaaaaaaaa, that's not sustainable. I am of course referring to housing markets where there are jobs. Sure, you can still get a good deal out in the hillbilly woods, but that's not what the populace needs. I mean, I would like a house out with the hillbillys, but that's not the point.

Some of this is fact, some opinion, some conspiracy, all mixed together. Don't take anything for fact without integrating your own observations. :p

jloucks

Hitting 4.9%, someone tell the stock market please which many 401K retirements are tied into. Wall Street didn't get the message.
That 4.9% is not going to most people.

... although some of that is in retirements.

But, how many of us have that? Let me rephrase, how many people under 30 have that?

Apologies if I just restated what you said, lol, coffee not quite kicked in yet.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

But, how many of us have that? Let me rephrase, how many people under 30 have that?

Apologies if I just restated what you said, lol, coffee not quite kicked in yet.
I’ll state it another way:

GDP does not translate to more disposable money to cover price increases for leisure for the masses

Lilofan

Avg credit card holder debt in USA 2023 is $6K. The debt will get bigger when some keep charging on their cards and just make minimum monthly payments.

Ayla

I'm a little late to this party, but here are my (somewhat conspiracy?) responses to some above topics...

Disney has proactively alienated itself from a lot of people. I have a mixed politics family, and a mixed politics friends group, and there are more than ever that hate Disney. Like, wacky level hate. Now, I'm not saying who is right and wrong, but I am saying that seems like a lot of unnecessary Hate. Hate is not a good thing for your brand.

Any economic recovery will not be enjoyed by the rank-and-file Americans. like trickle-down has taught us, only the top 20% (10%?) will enjoy it. A little bump up to the economy is not going to get regular people back to the park. This is assuming this is even a problem; the last few times I was at the park, they were busting at the seams with seas of people.

Oil prices? I have lots of opinions on this, but let's just say my electric car is great. Runs on coal I suppose, lol, and there is no shortage of that. ...and U.S. Powerplants are uber efficient. Less emissions running my coal car than running a gas vehicle. ....overall, after 5 years. Lithium batteries are stinky to make, but break even after 4-5 years. I do advise everyone who has 2 or more vehicles in their home fleet, get an electric. I've had one brand or another for the last 10 years.

Our biggest powder keg in this country is not energy prices, food prices, or even car prices. It is housing prices. The 1% are mercilessly stripping the wealth from the middle class by shifting ownership from commercial to residential real estate. Good luck making a trip to WDW when you have a $4500 mortgage. Housing prices up 300%. Income up 8% (for the first 80%)? Yeaaaaaaaa, that's not sustainable. I am of course referring to housing markets where there are jobs. Sure, you can still get a good deal out in the hillbilly woods, but that's not what the populace needs. I mean, I would like a house out with the hillbillys, but that's not the point.

Some of this is fact, some opinion, some conspiracy, all mixed together. Don't take anything for fact without integrating your own observations. :p
LOL If you have a $4500 a month mortgage, you can easily afford it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
LOL If you have a $4500 a month mortgage, you can easily afford it.
Not necessarily…a shocking number of people are over leveraged again…this time “top down”
Instead of Phil grahams “bottom up”

“Lower upper class struggles” is a thing that is getting more attention to it.

Don’t get me wrong…I’m
Not weeping for anyone…but still

Ayla

Not necessarily…a shocking number of people are over leveraged again…this time “top down”
Instead of Phil grahams “bottom up”

“Lower upper class struggles” is a thing that is getting more attention to it.

Don’t get me wrong…I’m
Not weeping for anyone…but still
If $4500 is 28% of your monthly income, you (general you) are doing just fine.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If $4500 is 28% of your monthly income, you (general you) are doing just fine.
The benchmark they always used for housing was “<40%”…which means you are generally miserable

Now 28% is better…but that doesn’t mean you can’t overrun your means. The numbers are increasing and not “insignificant”

I’m not defending these people…just saying the economy “accordioned” for 4 years pretty viciously and lo and behold - turns out the consumers lost and they’re just waking up to it…

Almost like businesses have friends in parliament or something? 🤔

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
More of wealthier families living paycheck to paycheck due to rising inflation.
It’s really not “inflation”…it’s more accurately systematic, government supported price gouging under the shield of a crisis…the shock doctrine - basically. Good thing we don’t have a lot of soccer stadiums 🤘🏻
Due to their particular exposure to financial leveraging.
Indeed. Bad setup and stupid people playing in it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes, some of the rich don't get super wealthy by working OT and by moving up the food chain. Some use money not theirs and rolling the dice and betting big on investing in the markets.
Statistically…that’s what like 50% of people do…including about 90% of Disneys park clientele 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom