How much of Disney World has to be open for you to go?

How much of Disney World needs to be running?

• Just Disney Springs

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Magic Kingdom outdoor attractions and quick service only

Votes: 16 2.8%
  • All 4 parks outdoor attractions and quick service only

Votes: 14 2.4%
  • All 4 parks all attractions, no live entertainment/characters, quick service only

Votes: 45 7.8%
  • All 4 parks all attractions, non buffet restaurants, no live entertainment/characters

Votes: 47 8.2%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, limited hours and entertainment, no nighttime spectaculars

Votes: 30 5.2%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, limited hours and entertainment, no parties

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, mask policies, no buffets

Votes: 73 12.7%
  • Running back at 100%, but Covid is still active in the US

Votes: 192 33.3%
  • Covid has been eradicated and/or you have the vaccine

Votes: 105 18.2%

• Total voters

solidyne

Wearing a ‘non medical grade’ mask only effective in spreading the virus not contracting it. So I see why people won’t want to wear it.
That's not true. A non medical grade mask reduces the chances of someone infected spreading the virus through their respiratory droplets. Please stop spreading misinformation.
I think he/she meant to say, "...effective at preventing spread of the virus..." (i.e., droplets going out).

Also was highlighting the selfish side of human nature. (If it does me no good, why bother, even if it helps others.)

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

I think he/she meant to say, "...effective at preventing spread of the virus..." (i.e., droplets going out).

Also was highlighting the selfish side of human nature. (If it does me no good, why bother, even if it helps others.)
That attitude needs to disappear if we're going to get through this as quickly and as whole as possible.

mfortis

Yes that is what I meant. Wasn’t an English major.
And the the correct pronoun is they.
I wear the mask because it makes some people feel safe (not me), because people in the street don’t know I am sick and , because it is required now in most places and eventually it will be mandated by law (local or state).

Disney Dad 3000

I voted back running at 100%. We go 1-2 times a year, and even though we've done it all and ready to go back, don't see the value in going with limited offerings. With parks and or attractions closed in some capacity, that is bound to offset any benefit of reduced entries allowed in. Room discounts would need to be sizeable (assuming entry limited to resort guests) to even think about it. We are AP holders. For them to guarantee a small enough crowd in the park for me to go with less to do, I don't see how it would be financially feasible for them to open.
We had a mid June trip booked that I've kept, but not expecting it to happen. Back up trips booked during July and August and honestly August is the only one I think remotely has a chance of us going with enough open.

note2001

There has to be a vaccine and parks are operating normal For us to go back. I fear It might be a couple of years before that happens.
Vaccines are far from perfect as viruses tend to mutate and the innoculations created from prior strains are no longer effective. This happens with the flu every year. We already see this virus changing before our eyes, it now attacks harder and it's possible that children will be in its cross hairs more often.

I'm not being negative, just realistic. This thing is with us to stay. Society has changed so that we will need to stay conscious of our surroundings and staying cleaner from now on. Not a bad change, just one that many people are not comfortable with.

mfortis

Vaccines are far from perfect as viruses tend to mutate and the innoculations created from prior strains are no longer effective. This happens with the flu every year. We already see this virus changing before our eyes, it now attacks harder and it's possible that children will be in its cross hairs more often.

I'm not being negative, just realistic. This thing is with us to stay. Society has changed so that we will need to stay conscious of our surroundings and staying cleaner from now on. Not a bad change, just one that many people are not comfortable with.
Man I was agreeing with 100% until you said cleaner.

HansGruber

So meaning you would suck it up and wear a mask and social distance if the admission price is cut in half?
Overall, yes. I'm simply throwing out an arbitrary number here. My general point is, Disney vacations are flipping expensive...I wouldn't pay full price to go through the hassle.

Touchdown

Original Poster
If Disney has to cut quantity it can’t afford to offer a discount, the park would not be profitable real quick, dreams of an empty Main Street and cheap prices to make up for no live entertainment are just that, dreams.

JillC LI

I'm not paying 100% for 50% of a vacation.
This. When there is either a treatment or a vaccine, and the parks are operating at 100%, then I will pay 100%. I also have no interest in getting 50% of what I used to get even for 50% of the price. It's all or nothing for me.

MagicRat

I posted on another thread, we always go in March and October for long stays. We are DVC, we chose not to go this past March and wait it out hoping Disney would refund March’s points which they did. Booking 11 months out locked us in right now for October. If they stay open, it’s still Corona and we don’t get our 11 nights One Bedroom BLT points back, we aren’t going. I would rather loose the points.

I don’t understand why people would want to go to a place, pay money and force themselves to wear masks, distance and be behind plexiglass. I feel the same for restaurants and all other activities that we used to do but can’t right now because of getting sick. Where is the fun in getting prepped for performing surgery to go on public outings? Oh, and paying to do it?

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Wearing a ‘non medical grade’ mask only effective in spreading the virus not contracting it. So I see why people won’t want to wear it.
The Florida county I live in (starts with a, ends in a) mandates face coverings in public effective May 4. The amount of backlash on their social media page requires more popcorn snacking than anything I've seen lately.

csmat99

I truly feel for the foreseeable future (3-4 years) Disney will turn to the Discovery Cove Model. Only reservations very limited people but will raise prices to reflect that. We all know there are plenty of people willing to spend whatever to go. Not I, but whatever floats you boat. The issue is what to do with the hotels? You won't be able to let everyone in so could we could see certain hotels mothballed or whole sections closed down to reservations. Just truly sad situation and have feeling when we do come out of this WDW will never be the same again. Even more of a change then someone like myself saw over the decades esp between the 90's and late 2000's.

DugLovesU

I'm a DVC Member and I am planning my next trip to WDW for exactly one year from now-early May 2021. I'm rather surprised that "resorts only" wasn't listed as a poll option because that's what I would choose. In fact I'm planning on resorts only for my 2021 trip. While I believe that parks will be open by then (if not we're in a lot deeper trouble than anyone realizes) I also believe there will be too much social distancing still required to justify the price of a park ticket. But I'm good with it. I can have a fun, relaxing, low-stress Disney getaway without ever setting foot in a park. I've done that several times over the years.

solidyne

Yes that is what I meant. Wasn’t an English major.
And the the correct pronoun is they.
I wear the mask because it makes some people feel safe (not me), because people in the street don’t know I am sick and , because it is required now in most places and eventually it will be mandated by law (local or state).
Wow, I was trying to defend your post from someone who was attacking you due to a misunderstanding. Just trying to help and clarify. I think all three of us agree on the basic point, geez.

Oh, and while "they" is an acceptable gender-neutral pronoun, some still can't get over its plural connotations. Some individuals prefer "they," nonetheless, but the profiles on this site don't allow you to indicate preferred pronouns.

worldfanatic

Where is the fun in getting prepped for performing surgery to go on public outings?
It's takes me all of of 5 SECONDS to put my mask on.

But I honestly can't blame people who don't want to go right now, they shouldn't.
And frankly those of us "glass is half full" people who will love WDW in any form don't want those people around us right now anyway.

Touchdown

Original Poster
To all of you asking, as is clear by now, resorts were never going to open before Disney Springs, if you don’t need the parks pick Disney Springs.

aliceismad

If AKL was open, I could sit on my balcony and watch the giraffes half the day. If I were local, I could see spending some time as a half-open park or resort if I felt it was safe.

As a non-local who is only allowed a Disney trip every few years, it doesn't seem worth the safety risk or cost to vacation anywhere -- much less Disney -- until the CDC says it's ok to travel for non-essential reasons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom