How much of Disney World has to be open for you to go?

How much of Disney World needs to be running?

• Just Disney Springs

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Magic Kingdom outdoor attractions and quick service only

Votes: 16 2.8%
  • All 4 parks outdoor attractions and quick service only

Votes: 14 2.4%
  • All 4 parks all attractions, no live entertainment/characters, quick service only

Votes: 45 7.8%
  • All 4 parks all attractions, non buffet restaurants, no live entertainment/characters

Votes: 47 8.2%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, limited hours and entertainment, no nighttime spectaculars

Votes: 30 5.2%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, limited hours and entertainment, no parties

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, mask policies, no buffets

Votes: 73 12.7%
  • Running back at 100%, but Covid is still active in the US

Votes: 192 33.3%
  • Covid has been eradicated and/or you have the vaccine

Votes: 105 18.2%

• Total voters

Disney Kween

I think I answered this in some capacity in another thread. I have been to WDW 10 times and each time I go I go with the flow of how I am feeling of what I do each day. I am not one of those guests who much be at the parks when they open and leave at close and run all day. I am totally satisfied with a good old relaxing day at the resort pool at eating a meal at the resort or another resort. I can even go into the park and ride two or three rides eat lunch and leave for the day and do the rest at the pool at the resort and be extremely happy with that. I have done everything at WDW so many times I am not missing anything. Of course if there is something new, I make sure I see that but I certainly don't run myself ragged on a vacation where I need another once the WDW vacation is over. So I would be just as happy if the parks have restrictions to go and go with the flow and go into the parks for a little while and go back to the resort pool and relax for the rest of the day. For me it is a vacation to relax.

mfortis

Wow, I was trying to defend your post from someone who was attacking you due to a misunderstanding. Just trying to help and clarify. I think all three of us agree on the basic point, geez.

Oh, and while "they" is an acceptable gender-neutral pronoun, some still can't get over its plural connotations. Some individuals prefer "they," nonetheless, but the profiles on this site don't allow you to indicate preferred pronouns.
I wasn’t trying to be confrontational. Sorry just clarifying my view

mfortis

That's not true. A non medical grade mask reduces the chances of someone infected spreading the virus through their respiratory droplets. Please stop spreading misinformation.
We said the same thing.
That's not true. A non medical grade mask reduces the chances of someone infected spreading the virus through their respiratory droplets. Please stop spreading misinformation.
We are saying the same thing!?

note2001

To all of you asking, as is clear by now, resorts were never going to open before Disney Springs, if you don’t need the parks pick Disney Springs.
I'm not sure what you mean by this.

The Disney resorts offer more than just the benefit of transportation and proximity to the parks. They are unique environments unto themselves. They relax in ways that non-Disney hotels have a very hard time duplicating.

I'd never turn down a stay at Wilderness lodge or villas or Port Orleans Riverside for a stay at a Disney Springs hotel, they're just not comparable.

Shouldigo12

Vaccines are far from perfect as viruses tend to mutate and the innoculations created from prior strains are no longer effective. This happens with the flu every year. We already see this virus changing before our eyes, it now attacks harder and it's possible that children will be in its cross hairs more often.

I'm not being negative, just realistic. This thing is with us to stay. Society has changed so that we will need to stay conscious of our surroundings and staying cleaner from now on. Not a bad change, just one that many people are not comfortable with.
Do you have a source for your comment about it hitting harder and hitting children more? I like to think I keep pretty up to date with the news and I haven't seen anything saying that.

Shouldigo12

I read through the article, and the only thing I saw that could be interpreted as mutating to affect children more was saying the 'primary" coronavirus affects the lungs, which I thought was in reference to the two known strains of the virus (I think they're called the S and L strains but I may be wrong). Other than that I didn't see anything saying the symptoms we're seeing in kids are the result of a mutation. Its that the coronavirus isn't (and wasn't ever) as harmless to kids as we once thought.

That doesn't mean the virus isn't mutating, because all viruses do. But I haven't seen anything yet that says it's mutating in the way he said it did.

Communicora

Premium Member
I read through the article, and the only thing I saw that could be interpreted as mutating to affect children more was saying the 'primary" coronavirus affects the lungs, which I thought was in reference to the two known strains of the virus (I think they're called the S and L strains but I may be wrong). Other than that I didn't see anything saying the symptoms we're seeing in kids are the result of a mutation. Its that the coronavirus isn't (and wasn't ever) as harmless to kids as we once thought.

That doesn't mean the virus isn't mutating, because all viruses do. But I haven't seen anything yet that says it's mutating in the way he said it did.
I didn't say it was mutating. It is just that we are learning more about its impact on a population previously thought to be practically no risk.

Shouldigo12

I didn't say it was mutating. It is just that we are learning more about its impact on a population previously thought to be practically no risk.
? The person I replied to said "Vaccines are far from perfect as viruses tend to mutate and the innoculations created from prior strains are no longer effective. This happens with the flu every year. We already see this virus changing before our eyes, it now attacks harder and it's possible that children will be in its cross hairs more often." I replied to them asking if they had a source for that last sentence, and you replied to me with that article. I assumed that you were replying with that article because you considered a source for his comment.

raymusiccity

I have two small kids who can’t hang at night, so I’m not too fussed about parades and fireworks since we usually miss them anyway.

No characters would probably be a tough pill to swallow for the kids.

I do have a trip booked for September but whether or not we go is entirely dependent on what the data is showing at that time, not so much about what WDW is doing within the parks.
Agree 100%. We have a trip booked for right after Christmas. I think we're in the same 'wait and see' mode that lots of others are in right now. If Dusney isn't operating close to 'normal', we'll just cancel and save our points for an Easter trip.

KaliSplash

Practically if we cannot freely explore and enjoy WDW there is no point in going for us. It is just too expensive. Until there is a full disclosure investigation into the media’s hysteria I do not trust what is going on not do we understand the single focused level of panic. So we are not going to return to WDW and are selling our DVC membership.
There is no media hysteria. We report what we know, when we know. It's always subject to change. Life does not stand still.

Giss Neric

Practically if we cannot freely explore and enjoy WDW there is no point in going for us. It is just too expensive. Until there is a full disclosure investigation into the media’s hysteria I do not trust what is going on not do we understand the single focused level of panic. So we are not going to return to WDW and are selling our DVC membership.
You do know this is temporary and life will eventually get back. It might take a while but it will be back. You act like the world is ending.

You guys are DVC members and yet you have the nerve to say "too expensive?"

Give me a break about that too expensive excuse. Disney has been expensive for decades but people still flock, buy annual passes, and DVC membership. Cut to the chase. You just don't agree with their policies on reopening.

Parker in NYC

Folks all over the country were ignoring physical distancing this past weekend (I prefer "physical distancing" to "social distancing", I already social distance from my ex and "physical distancing" literally tells you to distance!) and masks. And that includes NYC. And it's going to be even greater over the holiday weekend.

One thing this pandemic has brought about is to shine a spotlight on the true idiots among us, flaunting the rules. I never knew the "me generation" extended into middle-age and older. I guess we can give it a new definition.

Katelynbird

The main thing for me is that the parks are running at 100%. I want to enjoy the parks at 100% of what they offer. I don't mind wearing the mask and the social distancing stuff. I can deal with that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom