How much of Disney World has to be open for you to go?

How much of Disney World needs to be running?

• Just Disney Springs

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Magic Kingdom outdoor attractions and quick service only

Votes: 16 2.8%
  • All 4 parks outdoor attractions and quick service only

Votes: 14 2.4%
  • All 4 parks all attractions, no live entertainment/characters, quick service only

Votes: 45 7.8%
  • All 4 parks all attractions, non buffet restaurants, no live entertainment/characters

Votes: 47 8.2%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, limited hours and entertainment, no nighttime spectaculars

Votes: 30 5.2%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, limited hours and entertainment, no parties

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, mask policies, no buffets

Votes: 73 12.7%
  • Running back at 100%, but Covid is still active in the US

Votes: 192 33.3%
  • Covid has been eradicated and/or you have the vaccine

Votes: 105 18.2%

• Total voters

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You do realize they are going to have limited staff/longer loading times too right? It’s still going to be an hour + wait for every major ride. This is not DAH, and not only that most of your wait is going to occur outside on the midway most likely.
I know...

That’s something people keep repeating as well...

The idea that they are going to open up to cater to small crowds and staff it to be walk ons is ridiculous.

It’s not a freebie for those willing to travel...they won’t lose money on more overhead so you can have your “dream trip” in a mask.

The problem is the last 20 years of growing crowds and minimal investment in adding ride capacity.
There used to be these periods - called the “offseason” - where you could go with minimal crowds...

We all Ruined it...but some people remember and have taken this opportunity to think covid is gonna bring it back.

They changed the way they run the parks to eliminate that to make more money....Halloween on August 18th and 3 month long “festivals”...

...we fell for it...there’s no going back

Last edited:

Mickey5150

I picked the last one only because we don't know how well any of this will work. If WDW can fully open while keeping it covid free I'd be ready to go. But if they take every possible precaution and keep half the resort closed and it causes an outbreak then I'm not going until a vaccine exists.

zero creativity

I think that for us, after asking my wife, that it would have to be as close to what we normally do with the least amount of risk. We have a trip scheduled in mid June and are waiting to see what happens if it gets cancelled.

Animaniac93-98

Thanks to jet pack technology I’ve been able to enjoy the low crowds. Once the weirdos are back, I’m gone.

Yeah, I saw you enjoying Hollywood Studios on your Instagram stories:

mgm rocketeer.PNG

;)

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
We only go once every 3-5 years... We try to make these "extra special" trips (generally stay at one of the upper end hotels, nine days, many TSRs...) and for that, we generally pay a premium price. IMHO, I'm either going to pay the premium price and get the full, premium experience I'm used to, or if I'm going to get a reduced experience, I'd only go for a reduced price. I'd much rather push my trip back by a year and go somewhere local. To me, the virus doesn't scare me... I'm just stingy with my money (specifically in feeling I'm getting my money's worth). I'm the kind of guy who is frustrated that my Amazon stuff isn't getting here in two days despite the premium I am paying for Prime. If I was a local and had a season pass? Yeah, I'd be there the moment they said I could.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If I’m staying at a monorail resort, the damn monorail better be running...COVID or not.
Or what?!?!

....see? They’ve got you and they know they’ve got you. All they have to do is look you up and see you’re bluffing.
I think that for us, after asking my wife, that it would have to be as close to what we normally do with the least amount of risk. We have a trip scheduled in mid June and are waiting to see what happens if it gets cancelled.
See...this could be an example of “disconnect”. Why would they be running “close to normal” in 5 weeks?

I just can’t see it.

Touchdown

Original Poster
What is there to lose with currently keeping that reservation? I have one for Late June (that I rescheduled from this week) and I’m just going to keep it and wait to see if there is a special given. If they do have it open and most everything is running I’ll probably go, especially if I find out I’m antibody positive. Do I think it’s likely this will happen? No I don’t, but I lose nothing by keeping the reservation for now.

SpoiledBlueMilk

Just booked for December so my answer is going to be whatever condition the parks are in come December....

Seriously, though, I am fine with limited hours/capacity or the Parks open to guest on property. Even choosing the park you will visit that day and assigning activities to those parks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just booked for December so my answer is going to be whatever condition the parks are in come December....

Seriously, though, I am fine with limited hours/capacity or the Parks open to guest on property. Even choosing the park you will visit that day and assigning activities to those parks.
Have fun

The issue I have is that there is currently no context to what “limited” will look/feel like

Mickey5150

What is there to lose with currently keeping that reservation? I have one for Late June (that I rescheduled from this week) and I’m just going to keep it and wait to see if there is a special given. If they do have it open and most everything is running I’ll probably go, especially if I find out I’m antibody positive. Do I think it’s likely this will happen? No I don’t, but I lose nothing by keeping the reservation for now.
It's like staying in line when a ride breaks down. If you're lucky they hand out fastpasses for the people that stuck around.

Touchdown

Original Poster
It's like staying in line when a ride breaks down. If you're lucky they hand out fastpasses for the people that stuck around.

Except for now I risk nothing, if I stay in line I’m waiting valuable time at WDW. Worst case is that I get my deposit back in a month.

richiejv

It's a tricky one. We're booked to come in September (flights, car hire, hotel and tickets already paid for), so we're pretty set on those dates. That being said, it'll be our first trip to Orlando in eight years so we don't want to be in a situation where there are huge limits on what we can do. Not particularly bothered about fireworks/parades, and we're staying off-site so we're not concerned about dining really. Ideally, four parks and pretty much all attractions open. Would rather not wear a mask in that heat but if that's the rule then we'll just have to go along with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom