How Much Do You Usually Spend On Souvenirs At WDW???

Hrudey3032

I usually buy some sort of t-shirt,jersey or hoody while there but thats about it. I guess going as much as I have I just don't feel the need to buy much.I think every few years I buy a watch too.With that said I think I spend about a $100 or less on souvenirs.

_Scar

I always have a number in mind to spend but never get anything because I can't bring myself to pay Disney's prices. They're insane!

The only thing I'm looking for next trip is the Dug plush. Otherwise, it's all over-priced.

rkelly42

Depends on how long the trip is, but usually for DW, DD and myself it is about 200. I have gone for longer and spent more though.

Walle

I always buy at least one pin on every trip. Last trip it was new Star Wars pins. (yes I bought more than one because they are sooo funny!) Tomorrow's trip I'm buying one Flower Festival pin. I like to get those for the special event.

On average, I spend about $50. each trip.

Animaniac93-98

Oh I got that on my last trip too. Wasn't impressed :lol:

I was to a certain degree. I felt it definitely could have fit onto one disc, but the content was fairly good. The raw archive footage of Roy, Walt and the Governor of Florida announcing WDW was something I'd never seen before along with the representatives from US Steel and RCA making their presentations on a separate bonus feature.

The main doc was part "ugly sales pitch on WDW" and part "we want to be Disneyland: Secrets, Stories and Magic". The later style offered interesting stories and by people I wanted to hear while the first was just obnoxious. Thankfully the better outweighed the worse.

$25 was a bit steep for what you got (main doc was not 100min long as listed on the box, more like 60 something), but I don't regret getting it.

lilclerk

The main doc was part "ugly sales pitch on WDW" and part "we want to be Disneyland: Secrets, Stories and Magic". The later style offered interesting stories and by people I wanted to hear while the first was just obnoxious. Thankfully the better outweighed the worse.
I think my problem was I was expecting the documentary portion to be the quality of the Disneyland version and it just wasn't. I've watched the WDW once and not touched it since, while I watch the DL one a lot.

You're right though, that archive footage is nice to have.

DABIGCHEEZ

We (family of 5) spend roughly $300-$350 each trip. Thankfully grandmom usually gets the kids Mickey Money to help cover their portion.

Phonedave

Quite a bit less than I want to.

With so much of it everywhere and with so little variety, I have a hard time finding things that are unique that I want to buy. The things that are unqiue and I would buy are horribly overpriced, even for a theme park (I'm looking at you, Marathon jacket).

On our summer trips we have spent nothing sometimes. At Food and Wine we spend a bit more on new wines and merchandise.

I would be willing to spend quite a bit, but it seems that my taste and Disney Merchandising taste are very different.

That is about the same as me.

Between me and my two kids, we may spend maybe $100. It adds up quickly - 3 or 4 limited edition/AP/DVC pins for me (if any appeal to me) a luggage tag (I always get a luggage tag from where we are staying) and the kids usually get a plush each and a pin or two.

Nothing really seems to catch my eye. However, at times something will, but then it ends up being something that is on the order of $150+ Most of the time I escape, but sometimes not (I am looking at you POTC BigFig and you two sets of Disney Silverware and you hand painted egg from Germany Pavilion among other things)

-dave

Raven66

On our first trip when our daughter was 5 we spent maybe 25.00. She asked for one thing and that was a Brer Rabbit plush. One trip we had to buy sweatshirts because we had left our coats in the resort and no one wanted to go back to get them, so that was about 100 bucks for 3. We've gotten a little better with buying stuff. Just a t shirt each and some pins. There is always so much I want to get that I decide not to get anything. :)

mickey2008.1

We have 4 kids, so its a little more difficult, but we try to stay around $40 per kid when we dont take them, when they go, They bring $150 each. For us two adults, its usually buying shot glasses and a tshirt. And always have to get something for the christmas tree.:xmas:

Susan Savia

Probably around $300 each year. Our last trip in February my husband got a WDW jacket, I got two nightshirts, two pearls, gifts for friends back home, scrapbook supplies, couple dated pins, etc.

TxNewsies

We never go with a budget for souviners. We always go with a list of what we would like to get. For example, every trip we each buy a t-shirt, a photo album and a picture frame plus a few other items we decide on before we go. Of course, we always end up buying at least one item that wasn't on our list. :D

This summer is going to be hard because we are taking our niece and nephew (10 & 12). It's going to be hard not to spoil them rotten on their first trip to WDW. We probably should come up with a budget before we go. It's going to be hard to tell them no when they ask for something.

rodserling27

Interesting responses from everyone.

I agree with some of you that say it's hard to find unique items that are reasonably priced. Iusually stick to CDs, shirts and books. Last few trips I bought

-Vintage "EPCOT Center" t-shirt
-"Four Parks, One World" Soundtrack
-Pirates of the Carribbean CD Soundtrack
-Haunted Mansion CD Soundtrack (though I hear there is a new one at the park now...I must get it!
-Mickey Ears
-Rod Serling "Twilight Zone Tower of Terror" t-shirt
- Monorail t-shirt
- Darth Vader Shirt (impulse buy)
- Imagineering Book
- Mickey Mouse Alarm Clock (BEST $25 EVER SPENT)

So I guess I'd say I spend less than $100 each trip. The stuff that I always REALLY want is always far too expensive!

I wish they had more park audio on CD or vinyl (heck I wish they had ANY vinyl :lol:). I'm hoping that on this upcoming trip they have a "Main Street ELectrical Parade" soundtrack that I can get my hands on. If not, I'll probably try to buy "SpectroMagic."

It depends on what we feel like purchasing from one trip to another. We usually buy some art from Art of Disney, and I always get a few pins (or maybe more than a few). Last years my DH and I spent about $350 but that was clothes for our daughter as well.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That is about the same as me.

Between me and my two kids, we may spend maybe $100. It adds up quickly - 3 or 4 limited edition/AP/DVC pins for me (if any appeal to me) a luggage tag (I always get a luggage tag from where we are staying) and the kids usually get a plush each and a pin or two.

Nothing really seems to catch my eye. However, at times something will, but then it ends up being something that is on the order of $150+ Most of the time I escape, but sometimes not (I am looking at you POTC BigFig and you two sets of Disney Silverware and you hand painted egg from Germany Pavilion among other things)

-dave
About the only place that I will find items that I really want is in the Art of Disney but like most the price keeps me from buying. Also we are simply out of room to display any thing other than wall art in our house. There are about 15 more big figs that I would love to get but I don see any logic in spending $100-$200 on something that will just take up space in my attic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom