How Much Do You Usually Spend On Souvenirs At WDW???

DisGal

Original Poster
We always spend about $75-$100 on souveniers. A T-Shirt for me, a T-shirt for she, and a picture frame. This year I'll probably buy a CD of park music too!

Where is the best place at WDW to shop for a good park soundtrack CD?[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this as well.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
We always spend about $75-$100 on souveniers. A T-Shirt for me, a T-shirt for she, and a picture frame. This year I'll probably buy a CD of park music too!

Where is the best place at WDW to shop for a good park soundtrack CD?[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this as well.

I think Main Street Cinema is where we usually found a good selection of CDs. I know there's a lot of artwork in there, but if I remember correctly right by the registers the CDs could be found....

disneygirl1

I usually spend between $100-$200 myself... There are a few things that I buy every trip, i.e. Christmas ornament, beach towel, magnet, etc... My 8 year old DS on the other hand breaks the banks! Between pins and everything else that he just has to have he can easily spend hundreds of $$$. This year when we go he is using his own $$$, he just doesn't know it yet! :ROFLOL: I'm sure he will be a bit more selective with what he buys then! :animwink:

DiPSU224

We have somewhat toned it down over the years. When we were younger, we bought more pins, junk, etc....
Now that we're older, we usually can't stop ourselves from buying a cool piece of art or something from the Art of Disney. Usually one of the first things we do when we get there is decide what we're going to spend the money on and buy it at the end of the trip.
We've also leaned more towards spending the money at our resort or dining instead of bringing home tons of stuff we don't need.

I have been physically restrained by my husband though when it comes to buying ornaments. We can't fit another one on our Disney tree.

DisGal

Original Poster
We have somewhat toned it down over the years. When we were younger, we bought more pins, junk, etc....
Now that we're older, we usually can't stop ourselves from buying a cool piece of art or something from the Art of Disney. Usually one of the first things we do when we get there is decide what we're going to spend the money on and buy it at the end of the trip.
We've also leaned more towards spending the money at our resort or dining instead of bringing home tons of stuff we don't need.

I have been physically restrained by my husband though when it comes to buying ornaments. We can't fit another one on our Disney tree.

I try to only buy 1 Christmas ornament each year with the year on it, but always end up getting 3-5. We now have so many disney ornaments this year we are going to have 2 trees with one dedicated to disney.

Tidbit

I try not to spend to much when we go. There's 5 of us and it could get out of hand quick!

However, my biggest weakness is all of the scrapbook stuff that they have and until about a month ago you could only get it at the parks, but now it's online. Yeah one less thing to buy while at Disney.

This is our family plan: we all have a collection of the really cute pressed pennies,so we contuine with that collection, and we always get 1 or 2 pins each from the ride that meant the most during the visit or which ever one we don't have yet. I would have to say that the must expensive souvenir is the ride & photopass photos!

Lisalyn

Well, it's just me and my daughter so I tend to "overcompensate" for being a single parent LOL PLUS we have to get souveniers for our room-mate, a friend of my daughters, and I also tend to pick up some Christmas prezzies while I am there. Plus I always get Linds a couple special things (last year it was this huge emerald green stone from Krystal Haus which we got engraved - very cool)...I pick up my "I can only find it at Disney World" T-shirt with a cool Disney design or character - can't find em' anywhere else! So I'm going to say $300 to $400 easy :)

MagicMegan

Depends on my funds, or if my mom has a card on the room key and gives me charging lol. Lately I don't like many things... thinking about buying the vinylmations, that's about it. Going twice a year doesn't give them much time to make new stuff for me each trip haha. The most I buy are pens for work and school, and shot glasses for friends.

erstwo

For me? $0
For my kids? $Idon'twanttoknow

All I know is, one princess dress runs around $60. We might have a few of those :lookaroun. We also have the small (10 inch-ish) Minnie, Mickey, Donald, Daisy, Chip & Dale. We get one every trip. Now all we need is Pluto and we're done. They cost about $12 each and are the perfect size/ price point IMO.

My son is fond of all the cra.........I mean.....um..... exciting toys like the "pirate sets" and such that end up in the trash can before we head home (sometimes before the day is over.)

We tend to bring the "light up toys" back with us each time, because we don't need 8 light up toys, and because we're cheap like that. :)

ABigBrassBand

I've never found a CD that is a soundtrack in any of the shops, but that might just be me. What I do is that I do my trip regularly, and the last day I spend about 20-80$ on shirts and souveniers, depending on if any catch my eye. This plan usually works for me to see everything before I buy it, but now they put mostly everything in every shop so it's starting to become irrelevant :-/

3WaltFans

This is the fun part. We enjoy collecting Disney items. We set no limit.

Just depends on what catches our eye. A few times that we have went and really have not brought much home but it seems sometimes we need an extra suitcase.

RoRo

Last trip I only got one vinylmation, I didn't really spend at all. The only thing now is I am hooked on vinylmation now.

Goofygirl07

Everytime I go to Disney and even when I stop into a Disney store around town, I always grab up everything that I can afford that's Goofy. We stopped by DTD on the way home from a cruise last year and I spent 70 bucks on Goofy items to add to my collection. If its any souvenirs there always Goofy :]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom