How much do you spend on dining?

kasey1988

Original Poster
Hi all!
It seems that for two people staying at POP it will be a better deal to take the room discount rather then taking advantage of the free QS Dining, and also we would like to try two or three sit down meals.
I have a few questions,
-What resturants would you reccomend (looking for a good deal, atmosphere and food for two young women)
-How much do you usually spend per person/per week on food? Would $200 p/p be enough? I dont usually eat three meals a day and disney oreders are pretty big! So I would usually eat breakfast at the resort (mickey waffles YUM), have one larger meal then generally snack throughout the day.
Thanks for your input!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
POP waffle platter [they don't serve Mickey waffles] every morning: $5.69 - per week $39.83
Refillable mug: $11.99
QS meal on average $11 - per week $77
Drinks with meals or as snacks away from resort: $2.50 - per week $35
Snacks average $3.50 - per week $24.50

Ballpark guess $200 per person not including TS.

Quick Service meals will run about 15 bucks a piece.
Table service will run about $35- 40 ish depending on the place you eat.

Suggestions- I like Ohana, Liberty Tree Tavern, Mama Melroses, and 50s Prime Time Cafe. These places all have great food and are a great atmosphere to be in. I have not eaten at Le Cellier but the buzz is that it is excellent, try and get it.

Younger age women, check out Downtown Disney. They have a planet hollywood and a Rainforest Cafe, as well as some other places

zurgandfriend

$750.00 - $1000.00 USD, okay my family and I like our food. I imagine it would be a lot less for 2 young women.
Please note that neither DW nor I drink Alcohol (except for sharing a beer in Germany each trip).
This is for our family of 3; DW, DS (a growing boy 5’7” tall at age 12) and myself for a 6 night 7 day vacation at WDW with the following;
Sit down Breakfast most mornings (Kona café, Whispering Canyon etc.)
Lunch (Counter service or snacks)
Dinner A nice dinner somewhere
Everyone has a different opinion of where is a good to eat at WDW
The following is a quick list of our favorites. Places where we have eaten and were served a good meal and had a pleasant dining experience.
Resorts;
Grand Floridian Café
Whispering Canyon
Kona Café
Boma (Buffet)
Captain’s Grille
Chef Mickey’s (Buffet)
1900 Park Fare (Buffet)
Cape May Café (Buffet)
Hoop de Doo Review (Dinner Show)
Magic Kingdom;
Liberty Tree Tavern
Crystal Palace (Buffet)
Cosmic Ray’s (Counter Service)
Epcot:
Sunshine Terrace (Counter Service)
Biergarten (Germany)
Tutto Italia (Italy)
Bistro De Paris (France, upstairs)
Le Cellier (Canada)
DHS;
50’s Prime Time Café
Brown Derby
Signature Dining;
California Grille
Citricos
Narcoosees
Flying Fish Café
Blue Zoo
Shula’s
Yachtsman Steakhouse
DTD;
Planet Hollywood
House of Blues
Portobello Yacht Club

sweetpee_1993

I have never tried to do a daily breakdown on dining expenditures for us because what, where, & when we eat varies so much from day to day. I just know that for my family of 4 eating whatever whenever we generally spend close to $2k for 10 days. :shrug:

If I was trying to do a daily breakdown for a budget I would go to the menus w/pricing at Allearsnet, make a list of amounts I think I'll spend at each meal each day, get a total including tips, then add 10% for possible overages. :wave:

wvdisneyfamily

I think the QS plan would get tiresome. I couldn't eat QS twice a day. I say take the room discount and do some research on menus to see what you want. This will give you a ballpark budget.

mickey2008.1

If going to do TS, plan on $50 per person per TS. This would include entree, dessert, and NA beverage. This is for non signature restaurants. If drinking, beer is avg. $6, mixed drinks $8 and up. Portions are large, so you could probably share an appetizer and one entree for the two of you and save money. Me and my wife do this, its not being cheap, its called trying things, plus we also add to our check with multiple beverages (beer and mixed drinks) Being cheap would be splitting pop. or getting water.

lilclerk

POP waffle platter [they don't serve Mickey waffles] every morning: $5.69 - per week $39.83
Refillable mug: $11.99
QS meal on average $11 - per week $77
Drinks with meals or as snacks away from resort: $2.50 - per week $35
Snacks average $3.50 - per week $24.50

Ballpark guess $200 per person not including TS.

Unless it's changed recently, you can get Mickey Waffles as a kids breakfast, which includes a small bottle of water, milk or juice. That's what I get at Pop =)

epcotWSC

I'd say around $300 per person per week. That's also depending on your tastes and if you always eat out or if you'll stay in to eat breakfast and lunch sometimes.

Phonedave

Quick Service meals will run about 15 bucks a piece.
Table service will run about $35- 40 ish depending on the place you eat.

Suggestions- I like Ohana, Liberty Tree Tavern, Mama Melroses, and 50s Prime Time Cafe. These places all have great food and are a great atmosphere to be in. I have not eaten at Le Cellier but the buzz is that it is excellent, try and get it.

Younger age women, check out Downtown Disney. They have a planet hollywood and a Rainforest Cafe, as well as some other places

That just confused me. :shrug::veryconfu

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Far more than is reasonable for the fayre that is offered. That said its an important part of our break and we enjoy dining out. $75 ish a skull per day, but that doesnt include ale money.

awalkinthepark

way too much...

family of 5, and usually 1 tag-a-long....I cannot eat gluten and feel a little safer eating at a table service restaurant after a bad experience at a counter service location(they tried...but glutenized me anyway)

Llamaface

Hi all!
It seems that for two people staying at POP it will be a better deal to take the room discount rather then taking advantage of the free QS Dining, and also we would like to try two or three sit down meals.
I have a few questions,
-What resturants would you reccomend (looking for a good deal, atmosphere and food for two young women)
-How much do you usually spend per person/per week on food? Would $200 p/p be enough? I dont usually eat three meals a day and disney oreders are pretty big! So I would usually eat breakfast at the resort (mickey waffles YUM), have one larger meal then generally snack throughout the day.
Thanks for your input!

How did you figure that the 30% off room deal would be better than free dining for 2 people? Doesn't the room deal work out to about $20 a day?

kasey1988

Original Poster
According to pricing on Disney.com it would be $1178 for two people at a value hotel + 8 day base ticket and dining...or
$976 for two people at a value hotel +8 day base ticket..I guess i just figure we would rather spend the extra money on having the park hopper option on our tickets and would rather not be restricted to only quick service dining which is the only "free dining" offered to value resort guests. We are both not big eaters and would also like to try a sit down resturant or two during our trip..

MaxsDad

Break Even points

I recently was making this decision: Room Disc. vs. Free Dinning for a party of two adults during Value season. I define break even point as the amount of room discount you must get before it outweighs the rack rate of the dinning plan that you get for free. Number are apprx., but close enough.

For values(Std View)
The room discount needs to be 75% for the QS plan, and 99% for the TS plan.

For Mods(King @ P.O.)
The room discount needs to be 36% for the QS plan, and 47% for the TS plan.

For Deluxe (Contemp. Garden Wing):
The room disc. needs to be 22% for the QS plan, or 30% for the TS plan.

You can count on $20 a visit for the two of you to eat QS meals. You will go through that $200 difference in plans by the time you have eaten 10 QS meals. This doesn't even take into account the snacks you will eat. Everything after that, including all your TS meals, is additional money out of pocket. Question then: Do you plan on only eating 12 total meals during the week? Second question: Why limit yourself, if you don't have to, for the same out of pocket cost?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom