How much did your trip cost?

Goofyernmost

For me, it was too freaking much, but that's what I get for staying at a deluxe resort (Poly) and flying out during school vacation. Any future disney vacations will be at a moderate or value.
The resort itself was 9,000 dollars :eek: It took me about 3 years to save up, thankfully I work for a company that provides a lot of paid time off , in excessive of 30 days when you factor in vacation, sick, and holiday - yes holidays are lumped into my PTO and I frequently work many of them. With that many days, I have the ability to sell back my vacation time, i.e., get a paycheck and give back my PTO.

Still it was a struggle and one that I want to avoid in the future.
As much as I have loved Disney, in general, and WDW in particular, in my mind, there is nothing there that should cost $9000.00, period!! I realize that it was 10 years ago, but, I took 9 family members to WDW for a one time family vacation in 2008. As was my habit, I stayed offsite and rented a Villa just 1 mile away from the entrance to WDW. 5 bedrooms, formal dining room, full kitchen, family room 4 bathrooms, TV's in every room, Florida room housing a full size private swimming pool and jacuzzi. Gas grill, laundry room, computer room and rec. room with pool table and table hockey plus other items. I had driven my own car down from Vermont and rented two others for the rest of the crowd (my sister and nephew also came along bringing the census up to 11) I bought everyone a 7 day ticket (9). Paid for round trip airfare from Vermont for 7 people. We took a couple of side trips, one to Kennedy Space Center and some other local Kissimmee attractions. Attended the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue. Ate breakfast before we got to the parks, had lunch in the parks and dinner offsite then came back for evening events in our choice of the day park. Total spent for the week was just under $7000. I cannot imagine a better time then what we accomplished. The bonus was that for just a few dollars more everyone could upgrade to non-expiration tickets. We only spent 4 days in the parks so we all had three days paid for and used at a later date. We all did that!

$9000.00 just for a room? Sorry, that would take all the fun out of it for me.

Hayley In Wonderland

2 adults last year at CS inc. spending money, hotel, flights, park tickets + dining plan for 10 days in November £5,000.00.

This year, 2 adults, 14 nights in AKL, everything all in is coming to around £6,000.00. We got a great deal with AKL (£3,400.00 inc flights).

GlassHalfFull

The actual Military discount Tickets we use are the 4 or 5 day Park Hopper Salute Tickets.. those prices are here.. https://www.shadesofgreen.org/application/files/1315/1921/7889/WDW_Promo__Other_Tickets.pdf they have slowly raised the prices on these, they were like 180 for 4 days 4 years ago, and are now 226$.. these are the same as the MYW park hopper tickets, but the MEGA price point is the 4 or 5 day options, and the amazing things about these tickets, unlike other Disney tickets which expire 14 days from first use.. these Salute Tickets are good up until the end of the promo period(at least as of this year that is still the case as far as I can tell).. so If you were to go now, you'd have until mid December to use all 4 or 5 days.. So we have bought enough for 8 days for my wife and I previously, and then used then over multiple trips during the promo period(Prior to us becoming AP's).

DreamalittleDisney

£6000 ($7900-ish)
Includes return flights from Manchester to Orlando (week before our Halloween school break)

10 nights at Wilderness Lodge (wood view)
Standard Disney dining plan
14 park hopper tickets
Memory maker
$200 disney gift card

Above is for 2 adults and 5 year old.

I researched a fair bit and went back and forth between travel agents getting quotes and we also booked it in April 2017!

mojokitty

I spent a long time thinking that we would never be able to go to Disney World until I realized that we could stay off site. Prices at the resorts are way out of our budget and always will be (we're a family of 5). We have gone twice in 7 months for less than the price of one vacation onsite. Our first rented condo was $585 for 6 nights in November. We went the first week of June and the condo was $700 for 7 nights Everyone had their own bedroom too. We had a pool and it took us all of 10 minutes to get to the Magic Kingdom parking lot. It was more work for me because I had to cook but we ate out a lot too. All that to say, staying on property is great and I want to do it some day but if you feel like you can never make it to DW because of price, look off site! You may not be in the Disney bubble but you can still have a wonderful vacation!

Nsaudra

We drove spent 3 days in Florida one day at Unaversal park to park , one day at disney one day at beach 3 kids 2 adults spent about 1000 a day some days a little over that , spent 1000 traveling including gas and hotel

tagguy

For those of you who are comfortable sharing what did your trip cost? How many of you went, and for how long?

January 2018, We had 4 rooms and 11 people at the Port Orleans Riverside (5 nights), dining plan, 5 day tickets (no park hopper), and memory maker. Airfare not included. Just under $13,000.

areddins

These are for 2 adults, not including airfare.

September 2015: 7 Nights, Port Orleans Riverside, 7 Day Park Hopper, Free Dining: $2,500
April 2017: 7 Nights, Pop Century Preferred, 7 Day No Park Hopper, No Dining: $1,800
May 2018: 1 Night, Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista (50% off with rewards points), 6 Nights, All Star Movies Preferred, 6 Day No Park Hopper, No Dining: $1,600

While it's my dream to stay at the deluxe resorts, we spend so much time in the parks I can't justify spending that much on the room. My three trips above are what 1 week would have cost at those resorts, and I love that we've gotten to go 3 times instead of just 1.

The last 2 trips where we didn't have a dining plan, we spent less than what 1 person's quick service dining plan would have cost, so do the math on how much you think you'll eat. We essentially broke even the year we did "free" dining, but ate WAY more than we would have otherwise.

I also use the Delta Skymiles American Express card. When I signed up, they had a bonus going on where if I spent so much I got 75k skymiles. With the miles I've earned since then, plus other bonuses they've offered in the last year and a half, I have gotten 4 round trip flights for free so far and have the miles for another 2 left.

I don't find the Disney credit card to be worth it, we get a higher percentage back on our cash back amex card.

If we could go more than once a year, I think an annual pass would be worth it as you get discounts on merch, dining and the rooms.

Weather_Lady

4 people (2 adults, 2 kids over 10), 7 days/7nights on-site:

Flights - $0 (we fly on JetBlue Mastercard rewards points)
Tickets - about $250/day (4 people, 7 days, Magic Your Way -- for parkhoppers, more like $275/day, purchased via authorized reseller)
Hotel - about $250/night (1 room, moderate or DVC studio on rented points, non-peak seasons)
Food - about $180/day (1 CS lunch, 1 TS dinner and a snack per day; we bring our breakfast foods from home)
Sundries (souvenirs and other purchases) - $20/day
Transportation - $0 (we use what Disney provides)

TOTAL: about $700/day (or $4900 for 7 days and nights) for room, food and park tickets for a family of four, but with no children still under the age of 10. Obviously, we could bring down those expenses by buying fewer meals, or staying at a value or offsite hotel or rental home (or the FW campground).

Last edited:
2011 - 8 Days at Ft. Wilderness Campground, 7 people (4 Adults, 3 Children), 7 day base ticket.......$ $3,500
2013 - 7 Days at All-Star Music, 5 people (2 Adults, 3 Children), 7 day base ticket......$ 4,500
2015 - 8 Days at Ft. Wilderness Campground, 6 people (2 Adults, 4 Children), 7 day base ticket.....$3,800
2017 - 8 Days at Ft. Wilderness Campground, 6 people (2 Adults, 4 Children), 7 day base ticket......$4,000
2018 - 3 Days at The Grand Floridian , 2 Adults, 3 day ticket w/hopper....$2,400

kt-scarlett

Two adults, ten days at Boardwalk for $1,500.00

Airfare $0 (SWA points)
Lodging $0 (DVC)
Tickets $0 (3rd use of Annual Pass)
About $1,500 food and adult beverages

If I allocated a dollar figure to the freebies it would be $4,300.00

Airfare $500
Lodging ($10,000/32 years plus fees) $1,900
Tickets ( $599 times 2 people/3 uses) $400
Food $1,500

Jedi Stitch

Jan '16 about $9K for 7 days with a 3 day cruise on the end, for 10 days. Airfare, park hopper, DDP, Value Resort, on the Cruise Dolphin excursion.

nolatron

Here's the budget breakdown from our planner spreadsheet from our last trip in Feb 2017.

Overall Grand total for 2 adults, 2 kids on rented DVC points at BWV for 6 nights was 4,608.44.

We drove this year (and will from now on) so that saved used about $1,200 in airfare and we used our Visa miles to pay for the park tickets. I think eventually was able to apply a partial credit toward the Holiday Inn we stayed at on the way there too.

So our total out-of-pocket cost was about $3,100 after using the miles (Capital One Venture card).

1529506874555.png

Last edited:

Trust2deal

Disney for us has become a 3 night 4-day affair. Now that the kids are older, we price point our trip based on offers and time during the year. We just stayed at the 4 Seasons in May, Park traffic was low and offers to stay with park tickets was $2,100 not including meals (3 people). Which I would say was pretty good since its 5-star experience.

Previously we stayed at the Yacht Club - same 3 night 4 day stay - no meals and it was during September 2017 - park tickets $1,600 for 2 people.

disneymom57

Our trip 2 adults and 1 child age5 with quick service dining and a 9 day trip stay at pop century, no airfare cause we drive will cost this year about 3200 with memory maker also, our quick service dining will be free. In the past with me and hubby under 4000 depending where we stayed .

21stamps

Disney for us has become a 3 night 4-day affair. Now that the kids are older, we price point our trip based on offers and time during the year. We just stayed at the 4 Seasons in May, Park traffic was low and offers to stay with park tickets was $2,100 not including meals (3 people). Which I would say was pretty good since its 5-star experience.

Previously we stayed at the Yacht Club - same 3 night 4 day stay - no meals and it was during September 2017 - park tickets $1,600 for 2 people.

1600?! How did you do that?

kt-scarlett

Question for the DVC people.. do you always view your hotel cost as $0, or do any of you break it down by total cost and dues?
I’m curious as to what those numbers would be.

For me, I view it as $0. The outlay for the points initially was 20 years ago, no financing, and we've more than have gotten our money's worth, and the monthly fees I consider a household expense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom