How much did your trip cost?

NickWilde

For my family’s most recent trip:

Studio Villa at the Grand Floridian for 7 nights: (Standard View, from David’s DVC rentals) $2363

5-Day Tickets: (No Park Hopper, 5 People) $1975

Free Dining - Bonus

Flights: (Delta Airlines, Economy, Round Trip from LG to MCO, Nonstop) $303.40

Last edited:

Chernabog75

7 nights upcoming in August for myself and 3 kids (adults by Disney's definition). Airfare from DTW round trip $196. 7 nights @ Pop w/ free dining (upgrade to regular dining plan) 7 day park hopper - $3900.

Last edited:

Tobes58

2016 - 3 adults - Pop Century, 10 days, park hopper $2,900.
2017 - 2 adults - Port Orleans, 10 days, park hopper $3,400.
Next trip in Sept. 2018 - 2 adults - Pop Century, 10 days, park hopper $2,500.
Also went in 2014 & 2015 but can't recall the cost.

GlassHalfFull

Wow, that is impressive! SOG must be a lot cheaper than the other Disney resorts? I know it's for military, of which my husband is a retired Army vet from the Viet Nam era. We have never thought to stay there, don't know why. It sounds like you are getting a great deal! We just spent $5000.00 for 8 1/2 days at POFQ with park hoppers, no dining plan, and airfare from N. Mn. Your price makes me want to check it out. thanks. That includes food and all the extras.

Rooms, depending on rank are between 120 and 175, unless you opt for their suites or included dining packages... and the 5 day hoppers are 250$.. It helps that 2 of us have AP's so that saved us 500$..

I cannot recommend it enough if you are eligible.. I mean it is a military base at Disney, so it isn't as Disney themed(still does have disney flair, but the room towels etc are not over the top), but the price, location, and a bit more relaxed and slow paced feel make me love it. Sometimes the other Disney resorts can feel a bit too chaotic and daycareish at breakfast time etc, where as this is mostly armed services children who seem to have some structure built into their life.. plus if he is eligible he can buy up to 3 rooms and 6 total tickets.. so our family goes for much cheaper, and it is just a short walk from the Poly so we are not too far from the monorail loop, and it is now eligible for the 60 day FP window!

Goofyernmost

I stay offsite on every trip, so I will not tell you how much it costs me, because it will send everyone into a depressed mood. There is nothing about travel, but, believe me there is a way to experience and have a great time at WDW without going bankrupt. I will not pay that much money to have a 5 foot, famous mouse, wandering around all night.

matt9112

first family trip in 2014 was 1800ish for moderate (Caribbean beach) with the mid tier dining plan plus the drive up and down for 300 round trip.

so 2200?

secone trip was more like 2100 at river side plus 600 for the plane so 2700 with the mid tier dining plan again.

planned both trips using touring plans to hit free dining each time.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Our first trip cost about $2500 (MYW package for 4 nights and 3 park days at AoA, plane tickets, souvenirs, and food) - this was over Christmas week for 2 adults and a 2.75 year old who was free.

Our upcoming trip will cost us about $2200 (Shades of Green for 6 nights, season tickets [cost split between this year and next year for sake of this calculation], plane tickets, souvenirs, and food) - this will be just one adult plus the 3.5 year old. We will be saving money though by splitting room costs with a friend.

willtravel

For 2, about $3000 at Thanksgiving 2 1/2 years ago. 8 nights at Pop Century thru Orbitz with (discount). Booked airfare in late September same year. That was a little pricy. Lack of seats on Delta other than comfort seats left. Mostly basic dining (2 nice table service), and park tickets for 7 days (no hopper).

And I was a little upset at $3000.00. We went to Utah/ Colorado cheaper that year for 10 days in July than Disney. But I think the airfare is what got us.

But for me, I could not pay more than $3000. Too many other places to see.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As $$s getting thrown out - - Anyone use the Disney Visa thing and get the Disney rewards dollars....Are they accepted everywhere at the Park?

Are they accepted at restaurants...chiefly for me this time In Showcase's Le Cellier and the Liberty Tree Tavern at MK?
or is it more of use at the resort thing?

As its half a golfing trip - I assume its ok to use at the Resort courses for greens fees, etc....- correct?

Finally I've had the card for a few months and have built up a small bit of rewards dollars...they offer a referrall bonus up to 500bucks for a year. Does anyone know if thats a 500 dollar limit rewards....like period for a year.......or is that IN ADDITION to the rewards you already clocked?

I’ve used the Disney visa for about 15 years...it’s accepted anywhere on the Disney payment (room charge) system which covers nearly all credit terminals...

I also highly recommend the “target method”....it saves 5% and keeps your vacation OFF the credit cards.

A hamburger you had 11 months ago isn’t worth 16.99% APR

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For 2, about $3000 at Thanksgiving 2 1/2 years ago. 8 nights at Pop Century thru Orbitz with (discount). Booked airfare in late September same year. That was a little pricy. Lack of seats on Delta other than comfort seats left. Mostly basic dining (2 nice table service), and park tickets for 7 days (no hopper).

And I was a little upset at $3000.00. We went to Utah/ Colorado cheaper that year for 10 days in July than Disney. But I think the airfare is what got us.

But for me, I could not pay more than $3000. Too many other places to see.

$3000 is a very lean number at WDW for a week now. Average ticket price ends up like $95 a day and the cheapest hotel will run you $100+

So that’s $2100 for two stripped down to the gascan with no wiggle room.

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

I stay offsite on every trip, so I will not tell you how much it costs me, because it will send everyone into a depressed mood. There is nothing about travel, but, believe me there is a way to experience and have a great time at WDW without going bankrupt. I will not pay that much money to have a 5 foot, famous mouse, wandering around all night.

LOL. No worries, most folks know that offsite is much cheaper. we accept the cost for staying onsite so most of us would get depressed if we had to stay offsite.
I'm the opposite, I'm not going if I can't stay onsite, so we ended up purchasing our dvc but offsite is still cheaper.
Do you have one "go-to" place that you pick all the time?

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

LOL. No worries, most folks know that offsite is much cheaper. we accept the cost for staying onsite so most of us would get depressed if we had to stay offsite.
I'm the opposite, I'm not going if I can't stay onsite, so we ended up purchasing our dvc but offsite is still cheaper.
Do you have one "go-to" place that you pick all the time?
Not really, there have been a couple of places that I have gone to more then once, but, mostly I just pick randomly. I don't go there for the hotels... I use them to sleep in, so my priorities are not accommodation based. If the price is right and it has easy access to either WDW or Universal (depending on my focus for that trip) that is where I go. I have yet to be disappointed. I have been comfortable and felt good about spending less money, not just for hotels, but, meals as well. It also provided me with an easy base for exploring different things in Florida.

I understand, theoretically, about the desire to stay immersed, but, it has never been my thing and the one time that I did stay onsite, I, honestly, could not wait for the week to end so I could get out of Dodge. I have a daughter that will not go unless she stays onsite, don't understand why, but, that is her thing. I like mine better is all.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Just Us Two! My fiance and I
smile.gif

This Nov to Dec Timeframe!

11 nights @ Port Orleans French Quarter with 5 day tickets & 1 complimentary water park ticket - $2,691.83
MVMCP - Free thanks to surverys!
Fireworks Dessert Party (PG View) - Also free thanks to surveys
Airfare RT Philly to Orlando - $280 (Rough guess based on previous trips)
Food - $1,000 (have quite a bit of reservations this trip! Foodie Family here!)

Total: 3971.83 (Ouch.... Hoping to get it down with gift cards earned through surveys)

Disney surveys, or are you doing surveys for a different company and just counting those things as what you've received as free?

Minnesota disney fan

Rooms, depending on rank are between 120 and 175, unless you opt for their suites or included dining packages... and the 5 day hoppers are 250$.. It helps that 2 of us have AP's so that saved us 500$..

I cannot recommend it enough if you are eligible.. I mean it is a military base at Disney, so it isn't as Disney themed(still does have disney flair, but the room towels etc are not over the top), but the price, location, and a bit more relaxed and slow paced feel make me love it. Sometimes the other Disney resorts can feel a bit too chaotic and daycareish at breakfast time etc, where as this is mostly armed services children who seem to have some structure built into their life.. plus if he is eligible he can buy up to 3 rooms and 6 total tickets.. so our family goes for much cheaper, and it is just a short walk from the Poly so we are not too far from the monorail loop, and it is now eligible for the 60 day FP window!

Thank you so much for the information! I know my husband is eligible, and we will check into it next time. So glad Disney recognizes the military families.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Thank you so much for the information! I know my husband is eligible, and we will check into it next time. So glad Disney recognizes the military families.

The current price list for Disney World tickets https://www.shadesofgreen.org/application/files/4615/1921/7821/WDW_MYW_Tickets.pdf

DABIGCHEEZ

We camp in woods all around property so virtually 0 spent on accomodations. We fish and hunt the small game(some decent turkeys and rabbits around) so virtually no food cost. Oh and we manage to somehow sneak into the parks every time we are down there... but can't reveal that secret. But anyway all you folks spending those crazy amounts of money... why just why? :eek:

I am Timmy

We camp in woods all around property so virtually 0 spent on accomodations. We fish and hunt the small game(some decent turkeys and rabbits around) so virtually no food cost. Oh and we manage to somehow sneak into the parks every time we are down there... but can't reveal that secret. But anyway all you folks spending those crazy amounts of money... why just why? :eek:
I can only speak for my family, but we live in Wa. state and can camp for pennies anytime. I am not trying to rough it when I spend $2100 on airfare for 4 people to fly 5400 miles round trip. Just no. If it works for you, I can dig it. But there are a whole lot of people coming from far away that probably don't want to work that hard on a Disney vacation.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
For me, it was too freaking much, but that's what I get for staying at a deluxe resort (Poly) and flying out during school vacation. Any future disney vacations will be at a moderate or value.
The resort itself was 9,000 dollars :eek: It took me about 3 years to save up, thankfully I work for a company that provides a lot of paid time off , in excessive of 30 days when you factor in vacation, sick, and holiday - yes holidays are lumped into my PTO and I frequently work many of them. With that many days, I have the ability to sell back my vacation time, i.e., get a paycheck and give back my PTO.

Still it was a struggle and one that I want to avoid in the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom