How much did your trip cost?

Fitmomma93

Original Poster
For those of you who are comfortable sharing what did your trip cost? How many of you went, and for how long?

Our trip next may will be 10200$ Canadian for 1 week of hotel, part tickets, hotel, memory maker, dining plan, and plane tickets.

drwadadli

December 2015 ---- $10500 ----- Two adults at the Grand Floridian with deluxe dining plan (including tips), flights, park tickets (only got 1 ticket with our package as had several no-expiration date tickets), spa, D-light Holiday tour, and dinner at Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table with wine.

But our last trip was about $600 ---- Two adults, two-day tickets, Food & Wine Festival eating

jloucks

For those of you who are comfortable sharing what did your trip cost? How many of you went, and for how long?

Our trip next may will be 10200$ Canadian for 1 week of hotel, part tickets, hotel, memory maker, dining plan, and plane tickets.

That is a good question, and for us it has varied.
2012 - ~$3500
2013 - ~$5500
2016 - ~$6500

All 7 day trips. All the mid tier Dining Plan.

To be fair, 2016 was a bit hard to guesstimate since that was actually a 10 day trip between Uni and WDW (3 day and 7 day) and cost about $8,500 total. We scrimped on pretty much nothing.

I found a stupendous deal through the American Airlines website the first time. It let me use a rando coupon code for an additional 20% everything. I was never able to replicate that lucky deal.

Price has continually gone up, while enjoyment has slowly gone down (crowds mainly) so there are no plans to go back currently. Don't get me wrong, we had fun. It's just the fun was not commensurate with the price. We spent about $8500 on a thanksgiving DCL vacation in 2017 and had a superior time.

ColinP29

Travelling in October 2018 from the UK.

Two weeks at Cabana Bay for 3 adults and two kids, park hopper tickets for all the parks, memory maker included.

£8,000 (around $10,200)

sgtbtlbailey

Getting ready to go in November - $7716 for plane tickets, 8 nights in a moderate hotel, 7 day park hoppers, Memory Maker and Quick Service dining plan for 4 - 2 adults, 13 yr old DD and 7 yr old DS. Have been debating on adding MVMCP or a dessert party, but not sure if we want to spend the money. This is the most expensive trip we've ever had. We paid less to stay at AOA in 2012. I know part of it is the kids growing up and falling into different price categories, but it still seems like the total has increased excessively. Several years ago, we would price the Disney Cruise, gulp at the total, then price the parks and ultimately choose the parks because it was so much cheaper. After we booked this trip, we priced the cruise for the same week (out of curiosity) and its almost identical. What's alarming is with the cruise, we were looking at a high deck (which is more expensive) and would have had table service for just about every meal for the same price of staying at a moderate with only QS. Granted November is hurricane season, but we finally took the plunge and went on the cruise in February 2017 and paid the same price as November 2018 is currently. I just don't get it.

donnylambb

we are going in July and with airfare food all in we will top $10,000

pvtim

Going in 27 Days...3 people 9 Days @ Boardwalk
Air $1063.14
DDP $1811.14
Room: $0.00 (DVC -so nothing out of pocket for this trip - big outlay in 2015 ~$30k & annual maintenance fees ~$1k)
Tickets: $0.00 (Annual Pass with time left over from the trip last year)
Total: $2874.90

Last Trip total (9 days @ Poly): $5355.36 (DVC stay as well -wanted to show the AP cost)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Going in 27 Days...3 people 9 Days @ Boardwalk
Air $1063.14
DDP $1811.14
Room: $0.00 (DVC -so nothing out of pocket for this trip - big outlay in 2015 ~$30k & annual maintenance fees ~$1k)
Tickets: $0.00 (Annual Pass with time left over from the trip last year)
Total: $2874.90

Last Trip total (9 days @ Poly): $5355.36 (DVC stay as well -wanted to show the AP cost)
So, to be a fair comparison, include an amount equivalent to your annual expenditure for your DVC... in this case, approx $1,666 for lodging (based on $30K up front and $1,000 per year for 45 years).

pvtim

So, to be a fair comparison, include an amount equivalent to your annual expenditure for your DVC... in this case, approx $1,666 for lodging (based on $30K up front and $1,000 per year for 45 years).
Pretty fair assumption, the DVC contract is for Poly so with an end date of 2066 it rounds to a nice easy $1600

LukeS7

I'm honestly surprised at how high some of these are. We took a 2 week trip last January (split between Disney and Universal) and the total cost (including hotel, tickets, food, and souvenirs) was ~$5,500. Airfare was free thanks to credit card points/airline miles. We stayed at Art of Animation (Standard room, 2 adults) and Cabana Bay and had park hopper tickets for both parks.

Raineman

Our last trip (2 adults, 1 child): 8 nights at POR, 6 day park tickets with park hopper, MNSSHP tickets, DDP, Memory Maker, return flight from Detroit to Orlando, & spending money-just under $6500 USD (we are from Canada, so it was close to $10,000 in CAD). We saved some $ by flying Spirit and taking the ME from and to the airport instead of a cab or Uber. Our next trip in November 2019, we will be taking our neice, so I'm sure we will be closer to $8,000 or $9,000 USD when all is said and done. Saving $ like a madman right now.

BigRedDad

No issue for me sharing, but I have to break it out over the course of the trips and spread the cost of APs. This is for a family of 3 adults (DD12 is a Disney adult).

Week 1: WBC ($560 7-nights), APs (3 adults $700), 1/2 of RT drive ($100), food and drinks ($300 mostly at WBC), souvenirs ($200) = $1,860

Week 2: OLR ($710 for 7-nights), APs ($700), other 1/2 RT drive ($100), food and drinks ($300 mostly at OLR) = $1,810

Week 3: OKW ($700 for 7-nights), APs ($700), flights ($550), food, drinks, souvenirs ($1,200), Disney bus waits of 16 hours ($40/hr = $640 for my time sitting and wasting time waiting) = $3,790 *Quickly shows why I stay offsite

Week 4: Reunion ($550 for 7-nights), APs ($700), RT drive ($200), food, drinks, souvenirs (estimates $750) = $2,200 - Disney rewards = $1,900

winstongator

March 2017, 4 nights at Poly. That bill was $2300, and had some quick service and merch. Breakfast at ‘Ohana for 11 and a dinner for 2 at Cali grill, one night st lilo’s playhouse probably got the total to $3k. We are passholders, and that was about a quarter of our time at the parks that year, so another rough $500. So $3500 or so.

Our 4 night cruise spring break this year totaled $7k with all the extras in.

mattdenine

Upcoming trip is from August 17-26 two adults, two children (5&3), staying at All-Star Movies (we like to save money here), regular dinning plan, Memory Maker, 8 day park tickets, halloween tickets, tickets for early morning magic @ MK, car rental, and flight will cost about $8300 Canadian which is $6400 American. With spending money Im going to guess somewhere between $8400 and $9400 American.

mightybhwk

We (2 Adults, 2 Kids (Disney adults) are going at the end of June for 8 days at Pop Century in a preferred pool view room. We picked the summer meal deal and then added the quick service at the end. This saved ~$600. Total with 9 day park hopper/water parks was ~5K without airfare. Still debating on Memory Maker. Was able to save a little over $260 with buying gift cards at Sam's with Discover (Double cash back) and Target.

caseybrn

As $$s getting thrown out - - Anyone use the Disney Visa thing and get the Disney rewards dollars....Are they accepted everywhere at the Park?

Are they accepted at restaurants...chiefly for me this time In Showcase's Le Cellier and the Liberty Tree Tavern at MK?
or is it more of use at the resort thing?

As its half a golfing trip - I assume its ok to use at the Resort courses for greens fees, etc....- correct?

Finally I've had the card for a few months and have built up a small bit of rewards dollars...they offer a referrall bonus up to 500bucks for a year. Does anyone know if thats a 500 dollar limit rewards....like period for a year.......or is that IN ADDITION to the rewards you already clocked?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom