How many of you will buy a "Premier Pass"?

Buying a Premier Pass?

• Yes, I'll definately buy!

Votes: 14 6.6%
  • No, not for me!

Votes: 145 68.7%
  • Maybe, depends?

Votes: 38 18.0%
  • What's a Premier Pass?

Votes: 14 6.6%

• Total voters

durangojim

Original Poster
I personally won't and think it's a pretty stupid idea as I doubt there are many people who travel to both DL and WDW for a long enough time in the course of a year to justify the cost, but I could be wrong and maybe there are a lot more die hards out there then I know about.

Brian_WDW74

I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here too.

Judging by the benefits listed, the Premier Passport is equivalent to Premium APs from both DL and WDW:

$439 + $546 = $985

$700 isn't bad at all. Since I visit both parks, and I can apply the cost of my WDW AP to the upgrade, this might be a good deal for me.

durangojim

Original Poster

Judging by the benefits listed, the Premier Passport is equivalent to Premium APs from both DL and WDW:

$439 + $546 = $985

$700 isn't bad at all. Since I visit both parks, and I can apply the cost of my WDW AP to the upgrade, this might be a good deal for me.

I agree that on the face of it the value isn't bad. I just really wonder how many people out there go to both parks within 12 months. We are pretty hard core Disney fans but there's only one time in the past 10 years that we've gone to both parks in one year and due to the amount of time we spent there buying seperate tickets definately would have been cheaper.

mickeysaver

We are lucky to get to WDW once a year for a 5-10 days. We have never gone to DL together. I am thinking that this is an expense that we won't be buying into.

Honestly, is there a real market for this? :shrug:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

$439 + $546 = $985

Yep it is indeed a great deal if you are going to be on both coasts .

Brian_WDW74

I agree that on the face of it the value isn't bad. I just really wonder how many people out there go to both parks within 12 months. We are pretty hard core Disney fans but there's only one time in the past 10 years that we've gone to both parks in one year and due to the amount of time we spent there buying seperate tickets definately would have been cheaper.

Oh, I agree that it's not for everyone. But in my case, I live in the middle of the U.S. and make several trips to both parks every year, so it might make sense for me. I voted in the "Maybe" category because I haven't really decided yet. But I'll be visiting DL at the end of this month and I've got a feeling that I'll be upgrading while I'm there. :)

Disneyfan1981

A couple of years ago I would have jumped at it. I used to go to Disneyland/California Adventure at least 4 times and then to WDW once a year. That would have paid for it on its own but in the last couple of years I've only gone to each once a year so it wouldn't really fly....

Wilt Dasney

Honestly, is there a real market for this? :shrug:
Probably a small one. If you live outside of Florida or SoCal, love both locations and have the money and time to visit both frequently, this would be a deal.

I don't imagine this will be marketed heavily to general audiences. Disney will make sure their AP's for both resorts get notice of it.

kap91

I think the pass is great and would get one....if only I could afford the airfare. However considering that when I do visit California for Disneyland I stay there for quite some time the premier pass might end up being better deal in those years I do visit.

Figment1986

it's a nice deal for those WDW APs who are planning a few days of a visit at DL... since they get hotel discount, dinning discount, and merch discount... or DL APs who are planning a week long + visit to WDW.

It's also a ncie deal for DVC members... granted if you time if right, it's a really good deal. (I had a Disneyland PAP from june 07 through may of 08... I went for a week in june 07 and for a few days in may 08...)

Brian Noble

If you already have a PAP for WDW, it's a pretty small incremental cost to add the two DLR parks, too. It's a reasonably attractive price from my perspective.

I don't plan on getting one, this year at least, because I have no plans to visit Anaheim. But, you never know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom