How many Disney Crazies remember....

Iteachwood

Original Poster
How many of you remember when.......When Chef Mickey's used to be in DTD? Sight of Capt Jacks now

When the baby strollers were made of all metal?, clackaty clack

The Poly Luao used to have charecters?

Walter Cronkite narrated SSE? He was awsum!

The keys to your rooms had resort insignia on them? Used to collect them, still do but now basically all same.

how bout you?

bgraham34

How many of you remember when.......When Chef Mickey's used to be in DTD? Sight of Capt Jacks now

When the baby strollers were made of all metal?, clackaty clack

The Poly Luao used to have charecters?

Walter Cronkite narrated SSE? He was awsum!

The keys to your rooms had resort insignia on them? Used to collect them, still do but now basically all same.

how bout you?

I do remember when Chef Mickey's was at DTD. I remember taking the golf cart to it. That was also the first time I ever used one of the restaurant vibrating pagers.

PineapplePrincess

I remember the metal strollers from '94! DH & I were on our honeymoon and we saw so many too big kids with their gangly legs hanging over the metal bars and practically touching the ground! We vowed right then and there that if we had kids, they would not be in a stroller if they are clearly too big.
I also remember going to a character breakfast at The Living Seas restaurant. There were bubble machines going, and Mickey, Minnie & Goofy were there!

HitchHikngGhost

I remember eating at Chef Mickey's when it was in DTD, I also remember eating at the Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary! Remember when Cranium Command and Body Wars was open?? Or Discovery Island in Bay Lake was open... or River Country?? Just recently I was looking from the Outer Rim bar at the Contemporary and could see remnants of both of these parks...

Xethos

Somewhere around here I still have they key to my room when I stayed at the Grand Floridian in the early 90's. I wonder how many extra copies they needed to have for the rooms because im sure im not the only one who "forgot" to return it upon their departure. Or did they just have one of those machines that cut keys and made what they needed. On a side note, when did they switch over from keys?

doombuggie

i remember!

do you rememebr when they had an AM radio channel telling you about the hours of the parks..and special events and parking info :)

and..

when they used to let you in the park before it opened to buy tickets to the golden horseshoe show

more later

DisneyMusician2

I remember having to buy tickets to the Golden Horseshoe...wow, I wish they still had a show there, it was just a great time.

And the Cronkite narration was awesome, but the Jeremy Irons narration will always be the quintessential one in my mind.

forevermickey

I do remember Chef Mickey's in DTD and the Metal strollers. I have a picture of myself on a metal stroller and a picture of my Nanny and I at Chef Mickey, The butter was in the shape of Mickey Mouse:)

janoimagine

Seeing Phyllis Diller at the Top of the World Supper Club at the Contemporary ... I was about 8 Years old. I think it was called Broadway at the Top.

I remember geting in line for a ride, only to discover half way through that one person in our group didn't have the D Ticked he needed.:hammer: Anyone else remember the House of Magic on Main Street?

WorldKey

I remember eating at Chef Mickey's when it was in DTD, I also remember eating at the Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary! Remember when Cranium Command and Body Wars was open?? Or Discovery Island in Bay Lake was open... or River Country?? Just recently I was looking from the Outer Rim bar at the Contemporary and could see remnants of both of these parks...

I have pictures when we toured Discovery Island and went to River Country back in the early 80's. The island was beautiful with a lot of rare birds (there was a hidden net to keep them on the island) and we had a blast at River Country. Good times.....

NYwdwfan

I remember geting in line for a ride, only to discover half way through that one person in our group didn't have the D Ticked he needed.:hammer: Anyone else remember the House of Magic on Main Street?

YES - the magic shop was amazing.

When we were little my parents sent my sister and my cousin to the park first thing, by themselves, to get a lunchtime reservation for the Diamond Horseshoe. They were 11 and 12. It was a different time back then...!

I remember eating dinner at the Papeete Bah Verandah - the lounge singer serenaded me for my birthday. The song was "Donna Moana Marie" and he sang "Sheryl Moana Marie". To this day it is the most embarassing thing I can remember.

doombuggie

penny arcade.

HUGE gameroom at contemporary complete with shooting gallery

Lake buena Vista

Smart-1 and the create a coaster kiosk with the lisping beaver

dizzney

WOW! Brings back memories for sure, I remember the Magic Shop, Chef Mickeys at DTD, my oldest's first visit to WDW we ate there; River Country and Discovery Island; as well as the GOlden Horseshoe.

Time flies by doesnt it............

NYwdwfan

penny arcade.

HUGE gameroom at contemporary complete with shooting gallery

Lake buena Vista

Smart-1 and the create a coaster kiosk with the lisping beaver

That gameroom was insane. OK - totally dating myself now - my parents used to save quarters during the year and fill film cases with them for our trips - to use for the tolls on the drive down I-95 from NY to Orlando and for that awesome gameroom. I miss that place!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom