How many Disney Crazies remember....

hankhill

Remember when

I do remember all these things.

I remember when the Poly, Fort Wilderness and the Contemporary were the only resports.

I remember when the ONLY character breakfast was the Big 5 and it was on the steamboat only then it was called the Empress Lily.

I remember 20,000 leagues

I vividly remember River Country

wow thats a walk down memry lane

montyz81

EPCOT Center...
Absolutely the best one here. I remember being able to take a double deck bus around World Showcase and I remember not having to photoshop the Prisms into my picture:
picture.php
This picture was taking in March of 1983

janoimagine

I remember eating at the Tomorrowland Terrace before it became Cosmic Ray's and marveling at Michael Iceberg and his Amazing Iceberg Machine.

I loved seeing him, my dad and I would always see his shows, I think he preformed at the Old Galaxy Theater which is now an executive parking lot behind the Buzz Lightyear Meet and Greet.

LowesChevy

I remember the old Chef Mickeys

The playground and slide at DTD
The old World of Disney with the huge display of stuffed characters

The old Gourmet Pantry and the little Italian place that was at DTD-can't remember the name Minnie something

vonpluto

I remember the old Chef Mickeys

The playground and slide at DTD
The old World of Disney with the huge display of stuffed characters

The old Gourmet Pantry and the little Italian place that was at DTD-can't remember the name Minnie something

Do you mean this thing?

11-86-19-copy.jpg

old World of Disney?
former Port of Entry, former Village Character Shop, former Mickey’s Character Shop, now Team Mickey

little Italian place:
Heidelbergers Deli 1975 - 86
All American Sandwich Shop 1986 - 90
Minnie Mias Pizzeria 1990 - 97
Wolfgang Pucks Express 7/97

Any one remember the sand box at the Captain's Tower? (now the Pin station)

4-86-72-copy.jpg

sharkbaitohaha

Loved the game room at the Contemporary. My parents would give my brother and I each a 10 or 20 dollar bill to keep us occupied while they enjoyed a frozen pina colada at the pool bar. Does anyone remember when cast members would actually have to manually close the monorail doors?

NYwdwfan

Loved the game room at the Contemporary. My parents would give my brother and I each a 10 or 20 dollar bill to keep us occupied while they enjoyed a frozen pina colada at the pool bar. Does anyone remember when cast members would actually have to manually close the monorail doors?

Not until you said it!

Mrs.Toad

And when I read that, I remembered the clanging sound when the doors were closed manually and the locking sound they made.

How about the side street in Main Street in the 80's early 90's that had the flower carts and white tables and chairs where they sold foot long hot dogs that were out of this world.

And then my Dad walking back and forth in the side street, as if they would appear magically, as he squinted his eyes exclaiming a year later.

"They were here last time. Where are they? Even the mustard was tasty!"

Alas, they were gone for good.:cry:

yankspy

Point of order: It was If You Had Wings, and it was sponsored by Eastern Air Lines. Not long after Eastern pulled its sponsorship in 1987, the attraction was reworked and became Delta Dreamflight. :)

I have extremely fond memories of If You Had Wings. I would ride it repeatedly as a kid because it was one of the few "free" attractions that didn't require a ticket.

Speaking of which:
I remember when the Main Street vehicles required an A ticket.
I remember running out of D and E tickets and always returning home with a bunch of A's and B's.
I remember the Orange Bird, the original Tropical Serenade and buying orange juice in little plastic orange containers at the Sunshine Tree Terrace.
I remember eating at the Tomorrowland Terrace before it became Cosmic Ray's and marveling at Michael Iceberg and his Amazing Iceberg Machine.
Do you also remember that at the end of "If you had wings" there was an Eastern representative with an airplane phone and you could book a flight right there?

Ahhh!! Michael Iceberg. I used to love listening to him.

Do you also remember the swirly cardboard straws, or the Village Restaurant?

Who remembers the the Oscar Mayer restaurant with the outdoor patio where Tony's is now?

How about handstamps or the lime green and blue floor at the Poly?

pixiesteno

If You Had Wings - Eastern Airlines
Circle Vision 360 - hang on to your lunch:ROFLOL:
Sunshine Bird
Flight to the Moon
having a relative who lived in FL so we could get the special E ticket only books!
the small parade in Liberty Square with the drum & fife corp - they used to draft kids to join and came over and got my oldest brother
20,000 leagues
when the MK was the only Disney theme park
when it took over a year to get reservations for FWC (according to the folks is why we never stayed there)
oh, yikes, I'm feeling old now -- who started this :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

LaughingGravy

Adventureland Veranda, sponsored by Kikkoman.
See? I remember this, sponsorship works!

COP where dad wasn't cooking in the last scene, and where he also said in the first to just iron my shirts and Sara said "Yes, dear." :lookaroun :lol:

(sniff!) The original Tiki room

The times when me and my brother (ages 12 and 7!) would just go to the MK on the first monorail in the AM and meet up with parents later in the day someplace at a specific time. Different times, indeed.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Heres a few more you might remember....

Melvin the Moose breakfast in pioneer hall

Odysee restauraunt in Epcot ( been closed down for years)

Ohhh and I loved Food Rocks

Time Traveler in MK...bring that one back

If I had Wings sponsered by Delta...so relaxing a ride

And don't forget world of Motion ( curr test track)

Anyone remember the "Hercules Bar" they had for short period? Vanilla icecream, surrounded by caramel with chocolate coating...oh my god those were so good!

The Timekeeper

NYwdwfan

How about handstamps or the lime green and blue floor at the Poly?

I totally forgot about the handstamps! I used to obsessively stare at my hand trying to see the ink.

I not only remember the Poly floor - but those oversizes teal wicker chairs in the lobby as well!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom