How many Disney Crazies remember....

Disneykidder

Discovery Island with waaaaaay too many birds, room cards with resorts on them, souvenir mugs with resorts on them, Body Wars and Food Rocks in Epcot, Toads Wild Ride, the antique shop in DTD with vintage things in it, when there were no cell phones to check on where everyone is, when Toontown was open:cry:.

MaryJaneP

White grape juice over ice at the "welchs" stand in MK. Contemporary Arcade, Concourse Steak House, River Country. Miss 'em all.

vonpluto

I remember having to buy tickets to the Golden Horseshoe...wow, I wish they still had a show there, it was just a great time.

That would be the Diamond Horseshoe (Golden is DL), and no ticket purchase was required. You did have to line up early at the Hospitality House/Exposition Hall in Town Square to get a reservation, but the show was free.

a2grafix

Also it was a long and winding bus ride from the Magic Kingdom / Golf and Tennis resorts to Lake Buena Vista and Marketplace to the Howard Johnson Hotel.

I distinctly remember an awesome wine cellar. Also remember when I was a young kid the Kids of the Kingdom singing troupe.

I have a photo of some of the Country Bears getting into the metal strollers and racing down the old Tomorrowland near Mission to Mars and If I Had Wings.

darthspielberg

I DO remember characters being at the Poly Luau. I had a lot of fun at that when I was six.

I also remember 20,000 Leagues and how real I thought it was when I was kid. Man, I miss that ride.

MattyDrums

I may be crazy but probably not. I remember going in either the summer of 91 or or 92 and staying at the Carribean and all over the resort and maybe all over the area of Orlando were these weird 2 headed bugs. They were EVERYWHERE. I specifically remember them having two heads because my sister and I used to pull them apart.

Does anyone else have any recolection of something like this? I don't think there's any way I made it up. :hammer:

DisneyMusician2

That would be the Diamond Horseshoe (Golden is DL), and no ticket purchase was required. You did have to line up early at the Hospitality House/Exposition Hall in Town Square to get a reservation, but the show was free.
Well, that'll show how kids memories can get warped!

Thanks for the clarification.:)

rkelly42

So fondly remember the penny arcade and the magic shop. Also 20,000 leagues as well as all the other rides of the times.

maelstrom

I may be crazy but probably not. I remember going in either the summer of 91 or or 92 and staying at the Carribean and all over the resort and maybe all over the area of Orlando were these weird 2 headed bugs. They were EVERYWHERE. I specifically remember them having two heads because my sister and I used to pull them apart.

Does anyone else have any recolection of something like this? I don't think there's any way I made it up. :hammer:

You must be thinking of Lovebugs. They don't really have two heads. Two bugs connect and fly around connected (mating, you know... LOVEbugs).

Iteachwood

Original Poster
Heres a few more you might remember....

Melvin the Moose breakfast in pioneer hall

Odysee restauraunt in Epcot ( been closed down for years)

Ohhh and I loved Food Rocks

Time Traveler in MK...bring that one back

If I had Wings sponsered by Delta...so relaxing a ride

And don't forget world of Motion ( curr test track)

Anyone remember the "Hercules Bar" they had for short period? Vanilla icecream, surrounded by caramel with chocolate coating...oh my god those were so good!

Brian_WDW74

Anyone remember the "Hercules Bar" they had for short period? Vanilla icecream, surrounded by caramel with chocolate coating...oh my god those were so good!

Point of order: It was If You Had Wings, and it was sponsored by Eastern Air Lines. Not long after Eastern pulled its sponsorship in 1987, the attraction was reworked and became Delta Dreamflight. :)

I have extremely fond memories of If You Had Wings. I would ride it repeatedly as a kid because it was one of the few "free" attractions that didn't require a ticket.

Speaking of which:
I remember when the Main Street vehicles required an A ticket.
I remember running out of D and E tickets and always returning home with a bunch of A's and B's.
I remember the Orange Bird, the original Tropical Serenade and buying orange juice in little plastic orange containers at the Sunshine Tree Terrace.
I remember eating at the Tomorrowland Terrace before it became Cosmic Ray's and marveling at Michael Iceberg and his Amazing Iceberg Machine.

coffeebean

I remember the ride sponsored by Eastern Airlines. That must have been before the ride sponsored by Delta.

epcot85

Here are a few:

Centorium in EPCOT Center..I bought a hologram necklace way before they were in every corner store.

Horizons

World of Motion

A metal toy gun from the POTC gift shop without the red colors on it.

Going to WDW in the fall and having no crowds.

The gift shop next to Stitch's great mistake that used to be a cool shop

Space mountain with seatbelts

Mr Toad

20K Leagues

The AAA/Disney radio station you could hear driving down I-75 south of I-10, it would advertise park stuff and the Disney/AAA welcome center in Ocala.

etc etc etc

MattyDrums

You must be thinking of Lovebugs. They don't really have two heads. Two bugs connect and fly around connected (mating, you know... LOVEbugs).

haha. I guess that makes sense that they wouldn't explain it to a 2nd grader. I was told by adults at the time that there was some scientists working on two headed bugs and they got loose from the lab. That would be some real Disney magic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom