How many digital pictures do you usually take?

WDWFREAK53

DonickCo said:
on average i take over 1200 pics on a 6 day trip. so that’s about 200 5MP pics a day, but this past 6 day trip i took 1121 pics and 1 day i really didn’t take any photos. so ya ....i take alot of pictures. ;)

-DonickCo

:eek:

This is a guy that sees WDW through a little hole :lol:

antoinebusby

Original Poster
Difference between 2.1MP and 3.1MP???

With my camera on its "better" setting (2.1MP), I can take three hundred more pictures that I previously mentioned. I do not plan on enlarging any of the pictures any bigger than 4"x6". I know the more MP you have the bigger you can make your pictures.

My question is, will there be a big difference in picture quality if I took pictures with my "better" setting (2.1MP) versus my "best" setting (3.1MP)?

pisco

antoinebusby said:
With my camera on its "better" setting (2.1MP), I can take three hundred more pictures that I previously mentioned. I do not plan on enlarging any of the pictures any bigger than 4"x6". I know the more MP you have the bigger you can make your pictures.

My question is, will there be a big difference in picture quality if I took pictures with my "better" setting (2.1MP) versus my "best" setting (3.1MP)?
For 4x6 prints you shouldn't see a real difference between 2.1MP and 3.1MP. But if you wind up getting a couple of truly great shots that you would like to have blown up to a larger size (like 8x10) then the extra million pixels will make a world of difference. With memory as inexpensive as it is (I saw a viking 128mb compact flash card on amazon for $9.94 after rebates today) I would say get another card or two and shoot at the higher resolution. Better to have the pixels and not need them than the other way around.

PhotoDave219

Several Gigs in the course of a 'trip'. Roughly 3000 during my last vacation. I'll easily fill a card during a fireworks show or parade.

Shot two hours of video on my last outing to MGM.

LoriMistress

My digital camera sucks, so we took the old fashion film camera with us. We took MANY MANY pictures. It's better to take too much film then not enough film that you have to buy the film at a Disney Parks...jebus they're over priced.

forbidden donut

Way too many

My first time at MK and EPCOT(1988) I took about 70 (film, of course).

In 2002 I took 400.

In 2003 I took 1700.

Last month I went to a local railway museum, and in one day I took 850 images!

Next disney trip (in December for one week) I'll have enough memory card space for 2700, plus I just bought a portable cd burner which I will be taking.

This is getting out of hand.

If anyone would like to see some of my Images:
www.pbase.com/ysic

Ritalyn

Three digitial cameras later, I find that I take a lot more pictures with the Digitial Camera than I did with a film carema. I found that I end up taking 100 to 200 pictures a day. I also have two different cameras. One kick butt camera that is a dSLR that is 6.1 MegaPixel and a point and shoot 4 mega pixel depending on what type of photos I want to take. I find that a 1 Gig and a 512 is good for the 6 mega pixel and the 512 and a 256 are good for the point & shoot. The best thing to do is take a laptop or a portable storage device so you can download your images each day and start fresh the next day. If you don't have a laptop or want to buy a storage device, just try to go through your pictures every night.

One more note is that I usually take the pictures on the highest resolution. I would hate to have it on the lower resolution, have the perfect picture with Minnie, she's so cute, and not be able to make a poster out of it.:)

We have never gone with a digital camera, but we average between 2 to 4 rolls of film a day (Which is very costly when you spend 2 weeks in WDW! :eek: ) It will be very interesting this year when we go with a digital camera, two 35mm cameras and two waterproof disposables.

phlydude

I love my Canon S45, I was able to buy a waterproof case for it and can take it in pools, in the ocean, on water rides, etc. It was a little expensive, but well worth it (and the pics come out great too!)

forbidden donut

Railway museum

phlydude said:
Very cool photos. Have you ever been to the PA RR museum?

What town is the IL RR museum located in?
I've never even been to Pennsylvania!

The Illinois Railway Museum is located in the town of Union, about 55 miles northwest of Chicago.

phlydude

The PA RR museum is pretty nice and obviously dedicated to the Pensy RR. Alot is indoors with a roundtable outside in an open yard for you to explore. Plus, across the road is the Strasburg RR that is pretty cool. It's not too far outside of Philadelphia (about 40 miles or so) so watch for a cheap Southwest flight if your interested in going!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom