How many digital pictures do you usually take?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
antoinebusby said:
HA! The cheapest 512MB SD card that I have seen here in Baton Rouge, LA was about $129. Do you know what a $129 can get me at Disney....shoot, that's a meal at Fulton's for two. LOL!!!!! :lol:

LOL

Try www.pricegrabber.com for prices. Depending on when you go, you should be able to beat that price by a mile. :wave:

DigitalDisney

On my last trip, I took thousands of pics. We're talking 1-2GB worth of high-res pics.

Of course, I was able to borrow my Dad's laptop, so space wasn't an issue. If I didn't have a laptop or device to dump my pics on, I would be limited to about 200MB worth.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I've taken anywhere from 40 - 250 pictures in one day at the parks. And from there, I'm usually only satisfied with 20 or so

MissM

I love having a digital camera. It is very liberating to picture taking. On a general day, I can easily take a hundred shots. And this was when I was there every other weekend! *chuckles* On a two-day visit, I think I took almost 300 photos.

Two things of advice. Don't forget with thoughts of cards, that you also want to bring either extra batteries (don't want to buy them at the park, major expensive!) or an extra rechargable one. My old camera took 4 AA's and I would always bring 4 extra. My new camera takes a rechargable Lithium Ion so I bought a second one just in case to bring with me. And second, you can never have enough memory! :) If someone you know has a membership, try like Costco or Sam's Club. I got my SD card from there for about half what it was in the other stores. Also, check out online options because the other posters are right, you can get things uber cheap online.

It's always better to be over prepared then under in my book. Have a great trip!
-m

SilverStar

JBSLJames said:
How about the space this takes up on the hard drive when you download them. This has always been a major deterant in us using our Digital Camera a great deal.

I suggest installing a CD burner.
You can usually get them for $20 or so and you can archive all your photos without worrying about hard drive space.

Badger Brent

Our first trip we took about 150 pictures and deleted about 60 of those. This trip with the kids should bring more ops for pictures. I'm guessing we will take about 250 pics this trip. Nice to know about the burning cds though while on property.

DonickCo

on average i take over 1200 pics on a 6 day trip. so that’s about 200 5MP pics a day, but this past 6 day trip i took 1121 pics and 1 day i really didn’t take any photos. so ya ....i take alot of pictures. ;)

-DonickCo

krafty

On our last trip in December I took over 1000 pics in 7 days. At max. resolution I could get about 120 pictures on the memory cards that I have, and then I'd d/l them to my laptop back in our room. My big problem was battery... I need to get another one so I have more than 2 hours of shooting time.

shari71

For a seven day trip we usually take over 1000 pictures. We have two Sony digital camera's so we snap a lot of our two DD's, all in high quality with each picture about a 1.5 MB. We have 1-256 MB, 1-128 MB and 3-64 MB memory sticks. We also take a laptop to download pictures at night.

Now we are trying to decide if we want another 256 MB - we have found a place that sells them for $89 but they are memory sticks. Circuit City usually runs the CF, SD and Memory sticks for reasonable prices. I usually watch them online quite a bit.

I think my husband's goal this time is to make it to 1500 pictures... :)

shuflemstr

When I was there a few weeks ago I think I took around 500 pictures. When I got down there I started taking pictures and then come to find out that I left my media cards at home. Soon after that, my internal memory got full, which meant that I had to go buy a new SD card. I bought it at the Kodak store inside Journey into Imagination. That cost me almost $200 but it taught me a lesson.

antoinebusby

Original Poster
shuflemstr said:
When I was there a few weeks ago I think I took around 500 pictures. When I got down there I started taking pictures and then come to find out that I left my media cards at home. Soon after that, my internal memory got full, which meant that I had to go buy a new SD card. I bought it at the Kodak store inside Journey into Imagination. That cost me almost $200 but it taught me a lesson.

That sounds exactly like something I would do. Although, I have been deathly afraid that I am going to leave the house and forget to bring the AP's with us!!!! OMG, that would not be good at all.

phlydude

I have 2 - 512MB, 1 - 128 MB and 1 - 32 MB CF cards for my 4 megapixel Canon S45. I went to costco and got a 512 CF card for under $60 2 weeks ago. Also, Costco prints 4x6s for $.19 each.

Now, I ALWAYS shoot at 2274x1704 resolution. This gets me about 390 pics on a 512 card. I figure, I can always lower the resolution but making the picture bigger isn't going to happen if I shoot at lower quality.

As far as the APs, I made scanned images of the recipts and cards and made them .jpgs. I moved the images over to the 32 MB card (since it will hold like 6 pics at high res) and will have them available in case an AP gets lost. I figure I could take the image of the AP and get a print made to take to guest relations should anything happen to my cards.

jeffs854

When I was last at WDW in 2002 for 4 days I took about 500 pictures with my film camera. Right now I am making plans for a February 2005 trip for 5 days and so far have upgraded to a Canon A70 with 512, 256, and 128 cards. I will also be taking a friends laptop with us so I will download the files onto the computer every night. I will be allset. I also will be getting a few extra sets of rechargable batteries just in case. :)

AEfx

It varies by resort, but many TV's at WDW have a/v inputs - some even on the front - so I like to bring the video-out cable for my camera so I can look at the photos on the room TV. This way I can see them larger than the tiny size on the camrea, and I can delete any I am sure I don't want (mistakes, pictures that came out too dark to see inside an attraction) and conserve on space; it also is something fun to do in the room each night.

AEfx

tigger248

My memory card only has the capacity for like 75 pictures (but one day I got 82 off it and the next day I got 99). I have a laptop so daily downloads were a plan, but I unfortunately dropped my camera on day 2 at Epcot and it broke (stupid Epcot :fork: :lol: )

saltmom1

Good advice from you and Miss M. ( I already have extra batteries .) Do you get the pictures instantly or do you have to wait an hour or a day ? I am bringing a 64 and a 128 with me. In 2 MP, how many pictures will that give me ? I'm new to digitals. I got it for Christmas, but have not used it a lot.

tigsmom

Just got back yesterday. It was my first trip with my digital...took about 100 shots. I usually have about four or five rolls of 35mm (36 shots).
Since we go every year now it seems I'm taking less & less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom