How many days are best for a family of 5

katexbabe

Hi! My family is planning a disney world vacation in late july. The last time we went we stayed for 7 days, and i gotta say that was way too short for us to enjoy everything. With 4 adults and the youngest being 17, how many days would be the best to maximize our experience as this will probably be the last that my entire family can go together. Thank you:)

foreverbelle

I think it all depends on what you can afford and what you guys like to do. I have always thought, that we need 10 days. That way we can enjoy the time in the parks, and yet still have some down time to enjoy the pools and what not as well.

But of course no matter how long you go, it never seems to be long enough.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

We just got back today from 10 days in the parks. 10 days was the most days we'd ever gone before. Usually we'd go for 7 or 8, but we tried l0 this time and found it was perfect. You'd want to be at rope drop daily to get to the favorites like Test Track and Toy Story right away and to grab fast passes for a second ride. Only a couple days did we finish earlier then dark and we'd grab a quick dinner outside the park and head back to our motel for a bit longer evening to rest. The extra days allows for you to see and do it all early in your week and then slow down and really take it in towards the end. Hope your trip is as magical as ours was.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

We were just there for 10 days in December and I have to say that it was the perfect amount of tome for us! We were able to do all the parks at a leisurely pace and even had time to partake in activities at our resort (we stayed at AKL)... We are heading back the end of August for 7 days and I am already nervous that I am going to feel too rushed to do everything.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would say no less than 30.:D

General rule of thumb for just the 4 parks would be 6 full days. 2 for Magic Kingdom, 2 for Epcot, 1 for Disney's Hollywood Studios and one for Animal Kingdom. If you can swing 10 days you will have time to visit the water parks and/or Disney Quest as well as many of the other things outside of the 4 main parks.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

For us, it's a combo of how much do we want to do vs. our current vacation length tolerance. We went 7 days/6nts on this last trip- we really needed more time to accomplish our goals. I probably could have veen good with 10 days this past trip, but by day 5 DH was ready to go home. DH was having fun and all, he just misses being able to crash out on the couch with our psycho dog pestering him every few minutes. Our girls are 2 and 4 and by day 6, DD4 was sking to go home. DH used to be able to go away for 3 weeks (any destination) and feel like going home by the end of week 2. :hammer:We may have to leave him home if he keeps cutting his max # of vacation days. :lookaroun:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I think its great when you can get a 7-10 vacation to the world. 7 days if just enough to really enjoy it while 10 days allows you to relax a little bit more.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

14 years ago we started out with 7 days and we are now up to 9-10 days. With only 7 i found we need a vacation from our vacation. Now we are able to take everything a much relaxed pace and pretty much get everything done we set out to do. We learned a long time ago that you will never do it all so thats why i start booking the next trip before we leave!!! :):ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

tiaragirl

We used to go for 10 when my sister and I were younger - it was a great amount of time. Of course, you'll NEVER see everything - so just enjoy the magic that comes your way!

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

If I could afford - both in terms of time off and money - to stay in the area for 2 weeks, I would. That would not only give me a good chunk of time for the theme parks and the water parks (maybe an afternoon at DisneyQuest, but as they continue to do nothing new with that space, the less it interests me), but would also give me plenty of time to hit US/IoA and Sea World, plus plenty of down time to rest and relax.

I've also done trips that include a few days "post-vacation-vacation" at Disney's resorts in Hilton Head & Vero Beach. I find Hilton Head far more pleasant, not to mention more convenient if we're driving to and from home.

However, 9-10 nights tends to be the best I can swing. And as my daughter gets older, I'm sure her needs and tastes will dictate where we go, when we go and what we'll do.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Something between 7 and 14 days would be my suggestion. Of course that fully depends on finances, time off from work/school, etc. Yeah, you can do it in less, but if you want to really relax and enjoy it, then the longer the better. It gives you more time to do the "hidden" stuff at WDW.

Upvote 0

lbrad

We (family of 5) have never stayed more than 7 days.
We usually leave on Friday night (we drive from PA), spend a night in Savannah... Arrive in FL Saturday afternoon....leave the following Sat., spend another night in Savannah...home on Sunday ...back to reality Monday!

Our trips have always been enjoyable with enough time to see/do our "must see list". And we also have time to relax & enjoy our resort pool.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom