Other:
Pablo Cruise
Louisiana Leroux
Tina Turner
Jimmy Buffett
Bernadette Peters
Beach Boys
Weird Al (why am I admitting this?)

Thankfully, I didn't have to attend any boy band shows my daughter wanted to see when she went through "that age." She had her mother and aunt to take her to those. I got stuck with "Sesame Street live" and "Disney on Ice," but from what I hear neither of those are as bad as "the Wiggles." :)

Woody13

tigsmom said:
Woody! the Kingston Trio, Peter, Paul & Mary, The Smothers Brothers, the BeachBoys?

I'm jealous.
In my youth, I attend The George Washington University and I needed to work to pay my tuition, books, etc. I worked at the Carter Barron Amphitheatre, Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts and The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts as a stagehand during my entire university matriculation (late 60's and early 70's).

ntoeman

Van Halen (Shinedown opened for them)
Hot Hot Heat, Interpol, and Queens of the Stone Age (all together at a block party hosted by a radio station)

stingrock23

Stone Temple Pilots
Green Day
Smashing Pumpkins
Bloodhound Gang
Reel Big Fish
Aquabats
311 (many, many times)
Cowboy Mouth
Jimmy Buffett
Jurassic 5
Eminem
Cypress Hill
Jimmy's Chicken Shack
Chevelle
Weird Al
Big Tymers/Hot Boys
Snoop Dog
Jack Johnson

KevinPage

Corrus said:
My youngest dragged me twice to a Backstreet boys concert, several years ago... Think that was more than enough... LOL :D LOL

On one hand, at least you have the guts to admit this. But on the other more disturbing hand, I question your parenting skills by allowing your child to not only enjoy this music but to buy a ticket to a concert.

What's next, allowing the kids visit Universal & Sea World :confused:

:drevil: :drevil: :drevil:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
In the last week Ive seen U2 and Motley Crue

Best ever gig Genesis at the Reichstag in Berlin, when the city was still divided.

Worst ever band Killing Joke who opened for Crue on Friday

Most mental Guns N Roses at Castle Donnington Monsters of Rock 88, just look at the Paradise City vid for proof.

Meant the most Paul Rodgers, a hero since my youth, he was immence.

Coolest when i worked for Show Sec and got paid for watching Pink Floyd at earls court, it was a tough job but somebody has to do it.

NowInc

Uhhh...geez!

I can honestly say Ive seen over 1000 shows in my life (im almost 26 and have been going to shows VERY frequently since the age of 16)..plus Im in a band so I see a lot of bands thru those means. Not many shows come thru south florida without me being there :)

TheOneVader

I've never been to a "real" concert, as in, purchased tickets. But I have seen The Grassroots, The Temptations, The Turtles, and Rare Earth. All but 1 were at the American Gardens Theater, and all were seen against my will. Actually, Rare Earth wasn't bad, except all of their songs are like 5 hours long...

TheOneVader

The longest continuous song (Not a music loop) I've ever listened to is Tapestry of Nations at 23:55. Other than that the longest is Albuquerque by Weird Al at 11:23 (Not including Fantasmic! and SpectroMagic, which aren't really continuous songs, as they have lots of different segments. If they technicall yare considered one song, then excuse me as Fantsmic! is the longest and SpectroMagic is second).

tmcherok

Hootie & the blowfish (Very scary to think I used to love them)
Godsmack x3 once accoustic
Deftones x3
Metallica
Creed x4
Linkin Park
Limp Bizkit
Staind
Weird Al
Marilyn Manson
Aerosmith
Ozzfest x2
3 Doors Down x2
Nickelback
Mudvayne
3 days grace

Madison

I've managed to find myself at two different concerts, both quite by accident.

In June of last year, while starting my trip to Disneyland in San Jose, CA, my traveling companions brought me to the Warfield in San Francisco to meet their cousin and watch him sing -- with The Shins.

Later last summer, in late August, I saw Prince perform at KeyArena as part of the Musicology tour. Tickets were $10 or something, so how could I pass that up? It was quite entertaining, actually, despite how little of Prince's previous work I knew or liked.

celticdog

Pippa said:
Not a one!

Are you sure? :veryconfu

Isn't there a possibility that you've seen some band perform at sometime at an outdoor venue? Regardless of whether you bought tickets.

In my count, I included events that just happen to have a stage with bands performing.

Pippa, if you've seen Offkilter perform, you've been to a concert. Not a very long one, nor a very loud one, nor a very large crowd, but it was a band on a stage performing music, therfore a concert.

WDWScottieBoy

I've only been to two concerts (where you had to buy tickets from ticketmaster.com....the rest were all at some fair or camp thing) and both were top Christian groups/singers.

crazycalf

Tons

My first one was david bowie and Nine inch nails in 95.
I met my best friend the next day because I was wearing the concert t shirt.

some others i've been to:

Pantera, white zombie and the deftones
Pantera and coal chamber
dave mathews band
Biohazard
like 6 warped tours
Tibeten freedom concert day 2
Sick of it all
Pennywise
Madball
Agnostic front
e-town concrete
25 ta life
suicide machines
Vision of Disorder
Fury of Five

Can't think of anymore right now.

I just went with my neighbor to see Raven at six flags.

Debbie

I've been to so many, I don't think I can list them but here are some of my favorites:
Boston
Heart
Van Halen
Aerosmith (at least 6 times)
Creed
Days of the New
Yes
Stone Temple Pilots
Pearl Jam
Prince
Rick Springfield
Toto (my first concert, 1980)
Eagles
Genesis
Amy Grant & Michael W. Smith

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom