How long would you stay at WDW if...

ProfSlim

Interesting question. I think there would be a limit for everyone. I know I could handle 2 weeks (having stayed close to that in the past at the Poly). And I'm not sure I'd get sick of it if I stayed longer...but I think the excitement would wear off over time...and the excitement is what I really enjoy.

WhatJaneSays

I've actually discussed this with my family, you know in the off chance we won the Lotto, a while ago.

If I ever came into that sort of money I'd do the big family reunion every other year or so. (We have a big Excel spreadsheet with everyone on it tracking how much the trip would cost. Right now it's about 48 people at WDW for 2 weeks at a total cost of about $65,000.) I couldn't live there but I would at least move over to Winter Park to be close enough to go at the drop of a hat; which would probably be every other weekend.

I don't think I could handle more than a week by myself or two weeks with the family.

sarabi

I think I could easily stay for 9 months. Of course, every day wouldn't be one of those hit-the-rides/see-Wishes marathon days. I could see sleeping in and going to tea at the GF and then maybe hanging out in a hammock at the Carribean Beach Resort for a while on lazy days. In fact, what I wouldn't give to enjoy some lazy days at the parks and really be able to enjoy everything they have to offer.
Why 9 months? Because Fall here in the Midwest is so beautiful and I really do start to miss it when it gets to be about October. I'd last up until then and then I'd have to see the leaves change color. Of course, after the first snow, I'll go right back to WDW. I HATE winter.

LudwigVonDrake

I could probably do two weeks before I needed a break :) My next trip which I'm booking next week will be for 9 or 10 days in July 2009 (have to figure out the money!).

WIX

If money were no object, I would move myself and my husband into one of those new kazillion dollar mansions they are building on-site. You know the ones that are geared for over seas people? The ones they said Americans would not be able to afford? One of those . . . yes please!!!

djpoore94

I could see me spending a couple months in a Savannah View room at AKL. I don't think I would get bored with the World so much as I wouldn't know what to do with myself after a couple months of rest and relaxation, I'm so used to the 8-5, M-F work routine!

Daddymouse

We would live at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Villa of course. It would cost somewhere in the neighborhood of only 5 million dollars. I can see myself going to watch sports at ESPN. The walking exercise DW and I would be promoted on commercials like Jared and Subway. :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

amandagibbins

weve stayed for 3 weeks and that wasnt enough.My 5 year old has told me on many occasion that he would live there forever i said he would get bored he said no i wont mommy .if i had loads of cash then yes i would have asecond home in florida

wdwCC

How long would you stay at WDW if you could as long as you wish and money doesn't matter at all because you are REALLY wealthy and don't have to care about anything expect having fun?
How long would it take you to get, I don't really dare to write it down, BORED because you did everything innumerable times? Or do you think staying at WDW could actually be a kind of lifestyle? Never return to the "outer world" again? :rolleyes:

I have thought about it a lot of times, was even asked about by those who don't understand my WDW-craze and I think I would easily stay 2 weeks, perhaps 3.

Pull the RV into Fort Wilderness for a couple of months in spring then in fall.

firemandisney

We'd stay at the C.R. for 2 weeks then move to the Poly for 2 weeks.
So 1 month would be great!
Of course we would be going to Vegas alot more than the current 1 trip per year we now do!

OGMickey

:ROFLOL:i would move into one of the DVC resorts and live there all year like it was an apartment :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL: Im serious.... think about it ....ur in the World all of the time.... u can go to the parks when ever u want ....eat at 100's of resturants in the World.... and if u dont want to theres a kitchen in ur room.....and the best part there is house keeping :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:....thats what im doing if i hit the lottery jackpot for millions

DABIGCHEEZ

Honestly... 2 weeks is about it for me. I can see others staying a bit longer... but anything more than a month is just not realistic. You will get bored and want to see other things!!!!.......or at least I would hope so!

WDFAN1977

I would like to stay 1-2weeks at each of the resorts (Suites, of course). After that I think I would need a break:hammer:, but not for to long:cry:.

LaughingGravy

After giving this a lot of pleasurable thought, I have come to the conclusion that the DVC route is the way to go, doing some hopping among locations with of course, only the largest accommodations in mind.
Deluxe Dining Plan with Wine all the way.
After a while, say 6 or 8 months, I might settle on a home base, after doing every DVC and trying every Disney property hotel, including those at the Hotel Plaza, Swan, Dolphin, etc.

I could see a refurbished secluded Tree House villa in my future with a nearby golf cart.

Occasionally, I'd rent a car to go off site. With Disney transportation and the dining plan with wine, who needs to drive?
I'd want a motorcycle handy, too.

When you're talking about money being no object, there doesn't seem to be a clarification that you wouldn't be allowed to leave for the set time.
So, with that in mind, WDW would be my new home with lots of rooms at my disposal with housekeeping services and I would occasionally leave the property for trips to other destinations.

Now, there's the practical reality that there is a wife and kids involved.
DW would most likely not be content being solely a DW and would want DDs to be properly educated and also see more of the world, so a proper school system is in order. Celebration had a weird one with no grades as I recall.
I guess there are some good schools nearby where a tuition could be paid?

For now, there's plenty to see in this country before the rest of the world takes a liking to us Americans again, so we'd venture out to a lot of Nat'l Parks and other fantastic places here in the US for a while.
Those would be the 'excursions' away from home.

I wouldn't need to visit family, because they'd most likely visit me.

LoriMistress

I would go numerous times; and I would also visit my #2 home (DLR), and visit the other Disney parks as well. I would bring my family and friends and take them to one of the deluxe resorts and just have a wonderful relaxing, but also some fun and some fine dining.

DVC Dave

We do 12 day trips all the time, and frankly its not enough. yes, we see and do most everything we want, but sometimes only once. And even during that long time we only get a few hours at the pool here and there. If money and time off from work were no option I would stay in and around the World ( yes including Sea World, Universal, maybe even that jousting restaurant - we don't normally do these things in our 12 days stay) for 20 to 30 days. That would give us time to see everything we want, multiple times if we want. have some serious pool time, and some very good peope watching time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom