How long is your drive?

From the other thread, I had to ask. I drive from the Detroit area, we have just around a 20 hour drive with stops. We have four kids, so a bathroom break takes a while. Just wondred what people drive to get there. We have gone straight through, but usually stop near Macon GA. somewhere usually.

I-4Warrior

It's a pretty smooth drive these days since I-4 is three lanes all the way from Tampa to WDW. (Only took them 15 years or so to finish it.) So now it takes about an hour and 15 minutes to get into the parking lot. :D
-m

The sad part is that I actually got quite used to the under-construction I-4... driving on clean, well-constructed areas of I-4 confuses me.

Upvote 0

MissM

The sad part is that I actually got quite used to the under-construction I-4... driving on clean, well-constructed areas of I-4 confuses me.
I'll take the smooth, working I-4 any day. :lol: Especially since we had several incidents getting stuck for hours due to construction and closures. (Over four hours one afternoon we were stuck on I-4 and over three hours one night on the way home when they closed the road entirely to move in an overpass.)
-m

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

If I still drove, it would be about 15-18 hrs. from Northern VA. (We usually ended up stopping overnight somewhere though...couldn't do the whole stretch) But traffic always added to the trip. We always managed to get on I-4 right at rush hour. That definitely made the drive seem longer.

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

It's around 7-8 hours from the Atlanta area, not so bad if you don't hit alot of traffic. Our trip back from WDW took about 36 hours because my wife had a kidney stone that caused a detour to the hospital in Gainsville. We were all glad that it came at the end of our trip, and not the trip home.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

From the other thread, I had to ask. I drive from the Detroit area, we have just around a 20 hour drive with stops. We have four kids, so a bathroom break takes a while. Just wondred what people drive to get there. We have gone straight through, but usually stop near Macon GA. somewhere usually.

We do the exact same drive (+1 hour) and usually stop near Macon, GA too!:wave: We live an hour north of you in Sarnia, ON (across from Port Huron, MI) and usually ride the 75 straight down. We usually stop for the night somewhere near Macon on the way down and then drive straight through on the way home.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom