How long is your drive?

From the other thread, I had to ask. I drive from the Detroit area, we have just around a 20 hour drive with stops. We have four kids, so a bathroom break takes a while. Just wondred what people drive to get there. We have gone straight through, but usually stop near Macon GA. somewhere usually.

billyd52

From Tennessee

We drive down from souther Tennessee(14 miles from Alabama) and it takes about 10 hours. We drive a motor home down and park it at the resort. Will be at ASMo in Dec. Thought about staying at the campgrounds but we really enjoy the resorts and it doesn't take as long to get to the parks from the resorts as it does from the Wilderness area IMO We stayed in a cabin once and it seemed we had to switch buses alot

Upvote 0

Cole'sMom

Being from Royal Oak, we have a 20-21 hour drive. We drove it one year and I was ready to kill myself. I kept telling myself, 'We're going to WDW, have fun!' Yeah, right. Now that we have a 14 month old, I don't think the combo of him in a car for that long would be so spectaular. I may change my mind once we have to pay for a plane ticket, but, that's a while off. We are looking into moving to FL, though, so it would greatly decrease our travel time.

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

Coming from Western New York State, it takes us about 18 hrs or so...We really enjoy the drive. I think it's just under or just over 1100 miles...cant remember. :wave:

Upvote 0

Ashleigh

We are also from Michigan (Sterling Heights) so it is 20-21 hours for us too. We drove straight through once before, but never again. Before that (and from now on) we also stopped in Macon GA.

Upvote 0

kennyj29

We've driven three times from LI, New York and it took 21 hours all three times. We only stop to eat and go potty! My husband will not stop over night so I won't drive anymore. Hopefully, we will be moving to South Carolina by next year so then it will only be about 8 hours and we will definitely drive then and more often!

Upvote 0

JShkNBak

A mere 1600 miles or 25 hours according to mapquest...this Oct. will be my first time ever driving to Disney...it should be interesting!! My parents drove before I was born and vowed never to do it again, thats why out of the 40 some times we've gone to Disney we've flown...now its my turn for my husband and I to take the famous drive and after vow never to drive again haha.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom