How long is your drive?

From the other thread, I had to ask. I drive from the Detroit area, we have just around a 20 hour drive with stops. We have four kids, so a bathroom break takes a while. Just wondred what people drive to get there. We have gone straight through, but usually stop near Macon GA. somewhere usually.

DISMOM

From our house map quest gave us about 16 hours, but we stop at a sit down restaurant to eat [who wants fast food indigestion in the car?] and we spend the nite so, it takes us longer.
But another poster said it perfectly, 'the trip is part of the fun..', seeing the first palm tree, noticing all of the same sights on the way, the Disney gates..., the drive home always seems faster..not as much anticipation there.

Upvote 0

Jay & Sue

The 1800 mile trip takes 2.5 days from our home in Denver but only 10-15 minutes (8 miles) from our home in Orlando. (First post after lurking for 5 years so I hope I did this right.) Hi all! :animwink:

Upvote 0

mom2boysiadore

We also live in the Detroit Area. Last time we drove was back in 2000.
We stopped in Sweetwater Tenn and then drove rest of the way. So day and 1/2. Before that was in 1994 and straight through. (so tired) around 20 hrs.
But never again we FLY from now on! I hope I go soon. I miss it. :(

Upvote 0

JessicaB

We live about 690 miles away so about 10 1/2 - 11 hours. We usually leave Mount Juliet about 1 a.m. and are at WDW by noon. I like driving at night are early in the morning because there usually alot less traffic and DS sleeps. So it's like having the car to your self.:D

Upvote 0

dandaman

From the other thread, I had to ask. I drive from the Detroit area, we have just around a 20 hour drive with stops. We have four kids, so a bathroom break takes a while. Just wondred what people drive to get there. We have gone straight through, but usually stop near Macon GA. somewhere usually.

Minus the four kids and add a half-hour plus bridge traffic, that's about exactly our plan every drive as well. :lol:

Nowadays since Dad's getting worse for driving endurance, we stop around Dalton (before Atlanta). Before Macon we used to drive through all the time.

Upvote 0

dannytaylor

From my home in LaGrange Ga. I have done the trip in 5hrs 45min that's stoping in Valdosta for a restroom break.The longest it has taken me was 6.5 hrs, cause i had to drive over to Macon to oick up my brother.

Upvote 0

MissM

It's a pretty smooth drive these days since I-4 is three lanes all the way from Tampa to WDW. (Only took them 15 years or so to finish it.) So now it takes about an hour and 15 minutes to get into the parking lot. :D
-m

Upvote 0

jim1051

1000 miles from PA, we used to split it up, 10 hours day 1, balance day 2.

Then 1 trip we had driven 11 hours and were already at 700 miles so we decided to keep going for "awhile" We drove 300 more miles. Total elapsed time 16 hours. Ever since, we do it all at once, stay off site in inexpensive motel, check in the next morning EARLY.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

We were going to visit WDW for this Labor Day weekend, but decided to go to Destin since it was only 3 hours from here. Bad idea, too. It took over 6 1/2 hours today on I-10 with the Labor Day traffic congestion. So...it almost took us as long to come back from Destin as WDW. We are really upset over our decision this weekend. Don't get me wrong...Destin was fun but nothing beats Disney and to think we could have with the time we spent on the roads today is upsetting.

Upvote 0

mrerk

Premium Member
I'm guessing you must live in the city with a 40 minute drive time to Logan, it took me over an hour from Hanover:brick: .

15 Billion dollars and the ride from the south still sucks.

Coming from metrowest (495) it takes about 45 minutes to Logan.

Driving it was 22 hrs. to my BIL's mother's house in Vero and then about 90 minutes back to Disney. I think we could have done it in 20 hrs without the Vero detour.

Upvote 0

acourtwdw

Hi. we are from a little south of Lansing and we always try to get to Macon, Ga. the first nite! funny!

Lansing MI? That's where we live. It's about 22 hours for us. We drive straight through only stopping for gas and restroom breaks. And sometimes breakfast at Shoney's (we don't have that in MI and we love the buffet)

Upvote 0

beefog

half hour to the airport & 45 minutes to the world from MCO. Will never drive form Northern Jersey its insane. Tickets are so cheap even with a family of 4 its still under a $1000.

TIME SAVED FLYING PRICELESS:shrug:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom