How long is the "just right" amount of time for a WDW visit for you?

DisneyJunkie

I think for the most part, the average stay is about a week - 7 days/6 nights. For us, I think our average is 8 days/7 nights, and generally by the time we're 4-5 days in we're well into repeats of rides and attractions (with no complaints, I might add) and have already seen all the things we want to do. Usually at trip's end we hate to have to leave, but it does feel like time to go. How long, to you, is the "just right" length of time for a Disney trip? (I envy those who can do the 10-14 day trips.)

Jo DeVil

We normal go for 14 nights every 2 years (it's not worth coming from the UK for less). We normally go to the water parks, the darkside and sea world and shopping. We had to cancel Oct last year, so to make up for it this Oct we have 14 nights at BWV with DDDP and MNSSHP, then 3 nights HRH, then to finish it of 4 nights on the Dream. I am still not sure it is long enough. If my numbers come up I will be on my way to Golden Oaks. That should give us enough time LOL

Upvote 0

KCheatle

I think this trip will be the perfect amount of time - 9 days/8 nights. We've done 7 days/6 nights and that's too short for us. Even 8 days/7 nights was just slightly too short last time. This time we've got a direct flight, which makes a huge difference. In the past, to get there are a decent time (~1pm) we had to be up a 4 am to catch a 6-7am flight because we had to connect in Atlanta or wherever. Now, we can fly direct, so our flight is at like 8 and we get there around noon That means we can get HS done on the first afternoon because we don't be exhausted, and that leaves us an additional day in the middle of the week to whatever we want. If we didn't have that, then I'd question if one more day wasn't necessary? But, this time, I think the 9 days/8 nights will be perfect.

Upvote 0

harryk

Depends on what you like to do and what time of year you go.... we have found that 8 nights provides enough time to do it all at a relaxed pace. Naturally ADR's are a must for us, since we like sit down, served meals with a minimum of counter-service. We do not do the water parks - late November and December tends to be a little too cool.

Upvote 0

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
We changed are vacation style last year and instead of one long vacation we are now doing 3 and 4 night weekend visits. We are only a six hour drive to the park; so not to hard to do. Going to end up doing three of these trips this year.

Upvote 0

Jessica Meier

We have only ever been for 4 or 5 nights. Never enough time. So this trip we are going for 7 nights and will be able to do 5 or 6 park days. I want to do double park days at MK and Epcot.

Upvote 0

seascape

We go for a Saturday to Sunday 8 night 9 day stay for our anniversary and the 2 long weekends a year to see flower and garden and Christmas. Once we retire it will most likely be 3 separate 8 night stay a year.

We still have not been to universal or the other parks in Orlando and in some ways would like to see them but we are starting to lose interest in going there because there is so much to see at Walt Disney World and having a season pass makes it free to spend extra days in the different parks and water parks. Also once Disney makes the upgrades to Epcot and Hollywood Studios which are coming soon there will be more than enough to see and when they finally build the 5th gate it would probably take the 3 weeks to see it all, because there are some must do things every visit. After all seeing the Magic Kingdom I land the happiest place on earth is what almost everyone who goes to Orlando is going for.

Upvote 0

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
14 days is just about right, enough time to unwind from day to day stresses without getting bored. Staying longer makes our vacation so much less rushed, we can sleep in some if we are tired or retire early one or two nights without feeling like we gave something up to rest.

Upvote 0

Kelsybelle

Our longest visit was 10 days. We typically stay for 8 days and by nighttime on day 6 I'm ready to sleep in my own bed! We are in the planning stages of our April 2015 trip and I'm leaning more towards 6 days :).

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

Usually for us if we had it our way, we love to do the around 9 days mark..would love to do more, but jobs and money make that hard to come by. But like most, it never seems like enough. I did do a 11 day once and found that was amazing and so worth it. We had the perfect amount of time to relax and unwind as well as enjoy the things outside the parks that Disney has to offer, the pools the resorts. etc.

Upvote 0

dave&di

That's a good question.

My first trip in 2008 was only 7 nights, I was loving it but by about day 5 I was feeling a bit claustrophobic and overwhelmed, and felt the need to move on.

We have since done 9 or 10 nights!!!! I love it! We manage to do all parks (with 1 water park) several times a trip. I don't leave feeling I've not achieved what I wanted.

I would love extra time for activities like resort hopping, boat rides etc BUT I think if I went for 14 nights I'd get claustrophobic again! Although I'd love the chance to see!

Upvote 0

rob45

We like about a 8 day 7 night trip, every 2-4 years. Arrive on Saturday and leave the following Saturday. We did a 14 day trip in 2006, and was ready to come home around day 10. We had a great time anyway.

Upvote 0

Kuzcotopia

logistics usually prevent more than 6 nights 7days for us. That was the length of our last trip, as well as our upcoming trip. If it were ten days, the extra time would mostly be spent lounging around the pool and sleeping in. . . but it would make the rest of the trip a little more relaxing.

So. . . after a 7 days trip, I'm ready to go home. But if I had a 10 day trip, I'd probably not want to leave.

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

I guess it depends on what is going on, when we do a Sun-Thurs (4 nights) stay, it seems to go by so fast :(, but we have also done a 12 night stay, and honestly that seemed a little much. I would say that a 6 day stay is the best, gives us 1/2 a day when we arrive, 4 full days at each park, and then another 1/2 a day on departure.

Upvote 0

BOOMitsGeorgia

last time i went in 2009, it was a week which wasnt enough (coming from uk) only did mk and ak cause i was with another family so did sea world, universal and a shopping day (other 2 days were travelling) so this time its just me and my best friend so we are there for 17 nights/18 days so we can do everything we want to do. definitely would not go for a week again considering how expensive and how far away it is from england.

Upvote 0

DisneyRoy

Our first two trips were Sunday - Saturday (6 nights) and seemed okay. This year were doing Friday - Sunday (9 nights) during the second week of December. We are taking one day away from the parks to just relax. I'm hoping this is a good number for us and not too long!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom