How long is the "just right" amount of time for a WDW visit for you?

DisneyJunkie

I think for the most part, the average stay is about a week - 7 days/6 nights. For us, I think our average is 8 days/7 nights, and generally by the time we're 4-5 days in we're well into repeats of rides and attractions (with no complaints, I might add) and have already seen all the things we want to do. Usually at trip's end we hate to have to leave, but it does feel like time to go. How long, to you, is the "just right" length of time for a Disney trip? (I envy those who can do the 10-14 day trips.)

belledream

I never feel like it's time to go - something I have not experienced on any non-Disney vacations. Even after riding all the rides to the ground, repeat shows, seeing every piece of merchandise on the shelves, etc., it's just hard for us to leave such a happy place. We could spend an entire day sitting on different Disney benches and just taking in the scene. That being said, 10 days is usually the ticket. I love multiple MK nights where I can watch Wishes from different places, a late night at HS that isn't spent at Fantasmic, and EPCOT is always full of the same nighttime charm.

Upvote 0

FettFan

I never feel like it's time to go - something I have not experienced on any non-Disney vacations. Even after riding all the rides to the ground, repeat shows, seeing every piece of merchandise on the shelves, etc., it's just hard for us to leave such a happy place.

Quoted. For. Absolute. Truth. The last non-Disney actual vacation I took was back in 2001. Went to Chicago for a week, then drove from there to South Harbor and Kalamazoo Michigan. It was a nice trip, but by the end of it, I was ready to get back on the plane and come home.

I generally stay a week at Disney, but it's not enough, and on the drive back home I'm always tempted to turn the car around near Gainesville and head straight back.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
A 6 night/7 day trip is the absolute max for us. And usually, we're pretty burnt out by that last day. Leaving is bittersweet. We don't want to leave, but at the same time, we do.

Checking in on a Sunday and flying home the next Saturday is just about perfect for us.

Upvote 0

Disnee4Me

When my DSs were younger and all camps ended two weeks before school started, we used to do 14 days and it was awesome. We'd get 5 days in the parks, three days in the water parks. The other days we'd go to DTD or even sneak one day to one Universal park. It was nice having some down time, where the kids swam while I did laundry or read, and just be able to sleep in (we always took advantage of EXTRA hours either morning or p.m.). Gotta say my sons were troopers lasting from 7 a.m. to midnight.

Upvote 0

rob0519

Well, if the vacation is until the money runs out, that could be in day one or two. Our " just right " time would be 6 or 7 nights, which we used to do in 1996-2002 or so. Since then the ever escalating prices for resorts, tickets, food, ect. have us scaled back to 4 nights 5 days. With the increase in attendance, we always leave feeling like we didn't have enough time to relax or enjoy the resort. Always feeling rushed to squeeze in everything we want to do.

Upvote 0

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
For the main family vacation 14 days is perfect for us. Two travel days, one arrival and one departure, and two relaxing days where we hang at the pool, go to DTD and relax. We generally go to dinner at DTD on arrival day, get some pool time in, and get a good nights rest. We have done 12 days and it's ok but with 14 we take more time to smell the roses and come home a bit more rested. Short MVMCP trip was fun and worth it, but left me wanting more as it was a 4 day whirlwind.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

In the past I would do a full 7 days only at disney and sometimes an additional 2 for universal. However, I have been to Universal in 2 years and now I reduced disney to 5 nights. I find that I can do everything I need in those days and still have enough time for relaxation.

Back in 2009 my ex and I went to disney for 2 weeks (one week in my timeshare and the other week at sports). I can never do that again. I find after 7 days I time out from Orlando (less long disney).

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I never feel like it's time to go - something I have not experienced on any non-Disney vacations. Even after riding all the rides to the ground, repeat shows, seeing every piece of merchandise on the shelves, etc., it's just hard for us to leave such a happy place. We could spend an entire day sitting on different Disney benches and just taking in the scene. That being said, 10 days is usually the ticket. I love multiple MK nights where I can watch Wishes from different places, a late night at HS that isn't spent at Fantasmic, and EPCOT is always full of the same nighttime charm.

I agree - the last non-Disney vacation I took was in 2006. I'd stay a month and never get tired of it (and would be broke too). We saw parts of DHS this past weekend I didn't know existed looking for the Darth Mall and our restaurant. We always walk through the Emporium every visit to MK, even though we were at the MK the day before - I keep thinking there will be new merchandise I don't want to miss.

Upvote 0

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
If we arrive early enough then we'll hit a park on our first night otherwise we usually do one day at each park with Animal Kingdom being last since we have a 3.5 hour drive home and that's the park that closes earliest.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Lately I've been going 8-nights/9-days, typically a Friday-to-following-Saturday trip. It maximizes my trip time with the minimum amount of vacation time from work and still allows a buffer day on Sunday before going back to work on Monday.

Though circumstances beyond my control have dictated that this November's 8-night trip is a Thursday-to-Friday trip.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Mouse_Trap

Normally 14/21 nights in Florida, though have done as much as 23 nights.
Generally buy a 14 day unlimited Disney ticket and a 14 day unlimited Orlando flexticket for Universal, Sea World and Busch.

Getting to Florida is the biggest expense (typically $650-$900 per person), so makes little sense to only go for a short break.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

We stay 14 nights and this gives us plenty of time to visit the parks many times over and a day off for visiting relatives in Tampa. The days we visit AK and HS, we'll also spend time at DTD. Even then, we'd love to stay a few more days...

Upvote 0

Lucky

I think for the most part, the average stay is about a week - 7 days/6 nights. For us, I think our average is 8 days/7 nights, and generally by the time we're 4-5 days in we're well into repeats of rides and attractions (with no complaints, I might add) and have already seen all the things we want to do. Usually at trip's end we hate to have to leave, but it does feel like time to go.
That pretty well describes us and our trips. It would be nice to try a longer trip sometime but there are kids' sports/school and pets to come home to.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom