How Long have you

Maddog57

1st visit in 1975 when I graduated from Navy bootcamp. Spent honeymoom at Poly in 1976. Still loving every last minute. Checking in at BCV on 4 Sep. Can't wait.

bayoubelle

amuck, amuck, amuck
1973 - my first trip. It was mom and dad and my 4 brothers.
1980 -the first trip with my son who was 4.
1986 - the first trip for our second son.
1990 - another trip our first time seeing Christmas decorations
1996 - our daughter's first trip. She was almost 3.
2001 - my daughter and i went for a trip. It was our first time going to Universal too.
2004 and since- She and I been at least twice and sometimes 4 times each year. 2005 we became DVC members.

Clamman73

Supposedly first trip was as a baby at Christmas time '73.

Most memorable times would be going to see Epcot on the monorail in summer '82 before it was finished...riding Skyway...hardly able to push pedals on Speedway...waiting in long lines for Space Mountain...Wings..."Now is the time"...Horizons...pin tables...staying at GF in '89...smell in Poly lobby...Soarin' and many more...

Figment73

First trip was 1975 when i was 2. Have been visiting regularly since 2001 with my husband and 2 children. This year we have visited 3times already with another 2 planned before the end of the year. This has been a special year with a visit for my daughters birthday, my husbands birthday, and we will visit for my birthday in Nov. Along with the visit my hubby and i made for the 4th of July. First real adult vacation just for the 2 of us. :)

Cmdr_Crimson

Walt Disney World
First Time - 1986
Second Time invited by my Friend - 2003
Solo Trips - 2004,2005,2007,2008,2009,2011

Disneyland
First Time - 1992
Second Time - 2010
Third Time - Coming up Next Week (8/17/2011)
Plus First D23 Expo for me

Bravo 229

I have a few old ticket stubs from around '88 or '89, so that would've been my first trip. My earliest memory from WDW is exiting the Country Bear Jamboree and walking towards Splash Mountain while on my dad's shoulders. That would've been right after it had opened, as I remember my mom saying "I want to ride that, its brand new!" The first trip I remember fully was in 3rd grade, we went to EPCOT Center around Christmastime and had to write a report about all of the different Christmas traditions from around the World. That trip made me a fan, and I've been going back ever since! Never been to DL, but I am thinking about going next summer when Carsland opens.

cowanfamily

First trip was in 1986. my best memory would be this past November taking my 5 yr old for his first ride on Soarin'. He thought he was superman.

Tink28

My first trip was in 1991, part of a trip including visits to New York, New Orleans and Clearwater, I had no idea what to expect as WDW was not so well advertised in the UK as it is today, but I was hooked as soon as I walked into the Magic Kingdom and I have been going back as often as money will allow ever since.
So I guess this is my twentieth anniversary trip this September!

tink65

First visit was in 1997 to celebrate our DDs 3rd birthday! We've taken her every year (but one...went on a cruise instead) since then and this Sept she celebrates her 17th birthday! The first time we went the castle was decorated like a huge birthday cake. I can remember telling DH that I hope we could come back one day when the castle looked "normal" LOL!

Favorite memory: When DD met Mickey for the first time. When it was her turn Mickey got down on one knee, opened his arms wide and she ran to give him a huge hug! She looked right at Mickey and said "Pickey Pouse...me wuv you!!!"

LJake

I think I had my 10th birthday during my first trip, that would have been June 2000, and only missed a year since so that'd make 10, with my 11th coming up in September :)

Spike-in-Berlin

First visit was in 1982, in August, it was during a guided bus-tour around Florida and we were only one day at the MK. It was burning hot, lines were long (at least 45 minutes at every ride) and I was totally fascinated. I could do a little more than 12 rides on that day (JC, PotC, CBJ and IASW *boooring*, Tiki Room, 20LutS, Peter Pan, COP and some more) but I was hooked for life.

Sloan

I'm pretty sure that, like Lee, my first visit was in 1974, so that's 37 years!!

We stayed in a tower room at the Contemporary, and I recall thinking that having the monorails going through there was just so cool! There was also an excellent arcade in the Contemporary at the time - I loved that too.

disneygirl1

I unfortunately never experienced Disney until my late teens, but was hooked after my 1st visit to the World.... So I been going pretty much every year, some times 2x's a year for the last 11 years!!!

Matt and Kelly

My first trip to the World was somewhere around 93...I was in grade 4 (I believe). It had been quite a while between visits, 08 was the next time I was there and was lucky enough to get back twice more in 09.

I think my favorite memory has yet to be made. I'm thinking my upcoming trip in September, the first for my daughter, will likely be my fondest memory.

As for DL, living in Western Canada has made it a little easier to get to California as opposed to Florida. I've been to Disneyland 6 times (If I recall correctly) including a quick three day visit this past June.

R W B

I went for the first time when I was 18 with my much older (by 20 yrs) brother and his family in feb 2006. Since then, I've been twice with my girlfriend, first with her family then last trip it was just us and now we are trying to go this December again.

So the answer is only since 2006.

Tomi-Rocket

My first trip was in '71 when I was 4 and don't really remember it. The next one was in '85 on my Senior Trip which was a blast! In '94 I was married and honeymooned there. Next trip was for our 5 year anniversary in '99 and then we've come every other year starting in '05.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom