How Long have you

Jakester

Original Poster
This thread is doing pretty good so far :)

My first vist would of been in probably 95 or 96. I have faint memory watching the 1999 - 2001 run of MSEP (According to my mother, i was there the final performance).

PartOfYourWorld

Went the first time in 1994, but I can't remember too much
then again in 1999 and since the 00s I've been many times since then! This September trip will mark trip number 12..

Kirk88

First trip was in 1979 when I was 2 years old, and since then I've gone about 17 times in my life. My last trip was in 2010 and my next trip will be in September of 2012. :sohappy:

NICE! I was 2 in '79 on my 1st trip too! The swan boats and Dumbo still stand out in my memory. I've probably been 8 or 9 times since. Now that I have kids and they got their 1st taste this summer, we've got quite a few more trips to come!

draybook

We've been to WDW 3 times since 2008, about to go for the fourth time in September.

As a kid in SoCal, I grew up going to DL probably once a month.

My two favorite memories are 1) my daughter getting the BBB done and all of the compliments she got and 2) my son had the two evil stepsisters walk up to him and the one in green put her hand up to his face. Instinctively, he pulled it up and kissed it on top, like a prince would do. This stunned the girls and they made him blush while ogling over him. He must have made an impression because later that day during the parade they saw us on the side and she did the exact same thing. It was priceless.

My first trip was in 1997 as part of the 25th Anniversary celebration of the Magic Kingdom...I returned today from my 15th visit and I always feel the magic just as I did as a kid on my first visit. Memories at Disney have been a huge part of my life and I'm grateful I still get the opportunities to share it with my family.

mrsdanalind

Here is a new fun idea thread to make.
How Long have you been visting Walt Disney World ??

You can include some of your favorite memories.

As a bonus, you can also put how long you have been visting Disneyland.

Hope to have fun, and please no Complaints about WDW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been visting Walt Disney World locally from 2004 -2007, and from 2009 - Present.
My favorite memories are visting for my first Magic Kingdom New Year for 2009 - 2010. And visting with the girl of my dreams.

Havent been to disneyland yet:(

Visited Disneyland when I was just a high school grad from WI on a date.. became my favorite place to date. My first visit to WDW was with my husband and three kids, and late sister in law, who passed on her love of all things Disney to all of us. My favorite memory is when my husband and I got each other a disney paving stone for our anniversary.. unbeknown to the other one. We went and saw both of them.

Chrononymous

For me, my first trip to WDW was in the summer of '83.

and my first trip to DLR was in '89.

And I have been back to both many many times.

For memories...I still have the first things I bought on my first trip to both.

I have a couple of little fuzzy animals I bought in the toy shop in Germany/ EPCOT

And from DL I still have my fortune card from Fortune Red, the mechanical pirate machine from the POTC store.

ThanksC&J

April 1972. I was 19. With my parents, younger brother, older brother & sister-in-law.
Have only been able to return 10-12 times. Not near enough.

BuzzGoofy

My first visit was in 2007 (Yes I'm a Newbie). Went again in 2009. Less than 30 days to my next trip. So far , have been going every second year. I hope to keep up that pace in the future. 2013, sea/land trip maybe.

BigNormsMom

My first visit was in '72. Then again in '76. Then every year from 1984 until 2003, skipped 2004 and went in 2005. My husband passed in 2006, so my son,his wife and twins boys (3years old) and I returned in January 2011. I watched it grow, just as I watched my children grow. Now I have the satisfaction that I have been with everyone of my children and grandchildren. But my husband was really missed.

a2grafix

First time to Walt Disney World was in September - October 1976, when I was 6 and in first grade. We drove down from Ohio, stopped in Georgia due to a tornado / hurricane.

Then after 1976, was very lucky as a child as my father had his annual convention at WDW in 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981. In 1982 and 1983 we won 2 radio station contests, first the 10th anniversary of the resort and the second the opening few months of EPCOT Center (had to do a science project / report on my trip because, well, you know EPCOT was all about science and sociology). I spent by 15th birthday in 1985 at Disney, a wild cross-country trek down to Tampa, Saddlebrook, Orlando, Daytona, and up to Washington DC for 2 weeks. Awesome.

I think the next time was in March-April 1987 in the middle of my junior year in high school fora few days. Went to college and a few years later parents won another radio station trip and we visited WDW in August 1990, a few days before Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait. A friend of mine visited WDW in August 1993 - a bro trip mainly. Then life got in the way and college, and military.

My first visit to Disneyland occurred a few years after, in June 1999, while I was stationed in Alaska. My second trip to Disneyland took place last year during Halloween Time in early October 2010.

After getting things straight, finally returned to WDW in October 2007, my first trip to Orlando in 14 years, and followed it up with a second trip in less than a year in August 2008. My last trip to WDW was in early December 2009.

Presently planning another trip to WDW in October 2011, my 15th overall. I'm also working on a return trip to Anaheim as well as Tokyo and Paris.

As for memories, a lot are still in my head - from seeing the Jungle Book on a reel-to-reel film projector in a resort room in the Contemporary with my sister while my parents were off "conventioning." I remember drinking my first can of Coke - a big boy at 8 years of age. I have so many more memories stored in my brain like getting caught what seemed like forever in an eddy on the inner tube flume at River Country, meeting Mickey TWICE inside the grassy area near Cinderella Castle with my family to have our picture taken, trying to spin (unsuccessfully) around on a large gyroscope at Pleasure Island, building an awesome digital roller coaster at Commincore East (or was it West?) and competing in digital poll after poll (Epcot Poll at the Electronic Forum), watching "The Catch" (49ers vs. Cowboys in January 1982) in a side room in the then "Empress Lilly" and watching everyone cheer, going "off stage" with a cast member at the Tower of Terror and re-entering it and getting the best seat on the next available elevator because a cast member saw something that I was unaware of. I also remember taking "Eastern Airlines" down, the official airline of WDW at the time, which was something special in its own right.

But some of the things I brought home from the parks include park ticket books (I have a few B and C and D tickets left), an almost-filled 15th anniversary multi-day paper pass (extra slot was for a visit to Pleasure Island or the "then-new" Typhoon Lagoon, a blue note card autographed by the "Kids of the Kingdom," purchasing some Anaheim Mighty Ducks t-shirts before the team took to the ice in the NHL, and a pamphlet on the "Lean Machine" from the World of Motion, stuff like that. The Lean Machine was going to be my first mode of transportation when I learned to drive. I knew the Lean Machine would revolutionize the world.

My new interest is collecting WDW and Disneyland Park guides in French. I am learning French and it's cool to "Français de lecture."

Time to make more memories in the next 2 months.

fauna

Another old timer here - first trip in 1974.

picture.php

I did visit the Preview Center when I was 3 (1970).

stillgoofy

1972 or 1973 was our first year as a family (I was 6 years old). We stuffed all 8 of us in a station wagon (you know with the rear facing back window) for the long drive down from Michigan. We pulled our pop up camper and stayed in Fort Wilderness. We went several times in the 70' and early 80's. I remember my older brothers scamming my "E" tickets and giving me their "A" tickets so I rode the carousel quite a bit. I remember Dumbo and Mr. Toad's ride and the Swan boats. And I loved the Haunted Mansion. We went to River Country and my dad fell asleep on a picnic table bench and next thing you know these animal control folks came in to catch the copperhead snake that had been reported seen in the area. Well, they did catch it right underneath where dad was sleeping (and he slept through the whole thing).

I first took my daughter in 2003 when she was 13 and she was hooked right away. We have been there 11 times since 2003 with our next trip in November 2011 (and our first ever cruise on the Dream). Great memories are made every trip as I find new and exciting things every time I go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom