How long have you been planning?

LivFreeorDisney

We booked in early February -- 8 months ahead of our trip. Now we're 52 days out. There was a flurry of activity at the 6-month mark (ADRs and such), but it's been an excruciating wait since then! The excitement will really begin to ramp up in 3 weeks, when we tell our kids they're going to Disney World for the very first time. Can't wait!

Same with us, same booking window and count down. But really I start thinking of my next trip when I'm on the current trip.

Upvote 0

nngrendel

Original Poster
March 10th, the first day of our March trip this year. My wife demanded that we fix our budget to return again, and I think we all now what it's like trying to argue with a woman. Besides, who needs their arm twisted to have an excuse to go back to WDW?
Your wife needs to talk to my wife. Not that my wife hates going it just that I get way more excited than she does.

Upvote 0

JonBoy

Have just booked today for next August! So excited already! 2 nts at hard rock uni followed by 5 at POR then 3 nts on the dream then 7 nts at Coronado Springs! Already planning our ADRs in our head!! It's gonna be a long wait!!

Upvote 0

stefan74

My trip is 750 days away and I have been planning my 40th birthday trip since I was 1,000 or more days out. I do not arrive in Disney until September, 2014. I have changed my plans many times (was going to do a cruise first, then decided not to - too expensive, then I was pondering staying at either the Contemporary or Poly but changed to Yacht Club). I have also been changing where I want to eat. I am going to do the Deluxe Dining Plan and eat at a few Signature Restaurants, especially since Le Cellier for lunch and dinner are Signature Dining locations. Planning is part of the fun of going on a trip to WDW!!!

Upvote 0

mrsdanalind

We are going the first week in December.. already took the days off and have been planning this since Christmas last year.. going to be with the grandkids and my dear daughter and son in love.. and Ms Dianne, who is a sweetie, our age. I'd not been so excited in years. December can't get here fast enough. Youngest daughter and I are shopping for clothes and stuff already..

Upvote 0

Doombuggy13

It's usually a constant basis for us. We usually book with the in room bounce back offers then begin planning again as soon as we get home. Last year we went in August and no bounce back offers we're available, so this year we couldn't start planning until the free dining announcement in April.

Upvote 0

nngrendel

Original Poster
My trip is 750 days away and I have been planning my 40th birthday trip since I was 1,000 or more days out. I do not arrive in Disney until September, 2014. I have changed my plans many times (was going to do a cruise first, then decided not to - too expensive, then I was pondering staying at either the Contemporary or Poly but changed to Yacht Club). I have also been changing where I want to eat. I am going to do the Deluxe Dining Plan and eat at a few Signature Restaurants, especially since Le Cellier for lunch and dinner are Signature Dining locations. Planning is part of the fun of going on a trip to WDW!!!
I will agree planning has been so much fun for me. Bitter Sweet that my vacation is almost here. Just know the planning stage is almost finished and really not sure when I will be planning another trip. I hope for two years max.

Upvote 0

AnnaDiehlio

It's usually a constant basis for us. We usually book with the in room bounce back offers then begin planning again as soon as we get home. Last year we went in August and no bounce back offers we're available, so this year we couldn't start planning until the free dining announcement in April.

are bounce back offers usually pretty good?

Upvote 0

WDWNooby

We started planning November 2011 as this is a present for my son who graduated this past May. We wanted to be able to go during the holidays rather than summer this time around. We finally booked in June 2012. I watched the specials, etc. and researched all of the DVC Rental options for quite some time before we decided. After I made our deposit, we started planning the rest of the trip. Made ADRs exactly 180 days out and watched closely for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tickets to go on sale and bought them first day. I have to say, after all the research we went with a DVC rental because I didn't see free dining happening often at the time we were going. NOW dining is offered during the week we're going but can't use it because we rented DVC :eek: Regardless, we're both seriously excited :) We are already talking about a 2014 trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom