How long do y'all stay?

sbkline

How long does everyone stay when you go down there? In our previous trips, we spent about 10 or 11 days in Kissimmee, but we did other theme parks and activities as well as Disney, so we just got 4 day parkhopper passes for the Disney Parks. Next year, Lord willing, we're going to stay on property and do almost everything Disney, although we may mini-golf in Kissimmee, go to the Orlando mall and possibly visit another theme park, depending on how much time we have to do Disney properly.

Anyway, we plan to arrive in Orlando and check in sometime on Monday April 16. If I can get enough miles in Sunday, hopefully, we'll have no more than 5 hours (maybe even less) to drive Monday and arrive by noon or so, and have pretty much all day Monday. We'll check out Sunday April 22, so that leaves the entire days of Tues-Sat and the majority of Monday and it will be decided later whether or not to stick around for a little more fun Sunday after checkout, or just hit the road, or do a non-Disney park before hitting the road. Is that about how much time you guys all stay? Does that sound like plenty of time to do all the parks sufficiently, as well as Disney Quest, mini-golf and the activities at the resort, as well as just being able to take it easy and go at a slower pace than when we only had 4 days?
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

TwoTigersMom

Ideally I like a week at least, just to do WDW. We've recently started doing non Disney trips seperately. We've been going to Orlando in December for 4 nights to do US & IOA. Our trip next April will be our longest since our honeymoon, 9 nights 10 days of nothing but WDW. YEAH I can't wait.

Upvote 0

kachow

We generally go no fewer than 6 days, so you're within my safe zone. Our next trip is over Thanksgiving, from Thanksgiving through the following Wednesday. We get in at around 9am Thanksgiving, and leave at around 7pm that following Wednesday, so we have about 6 1/2 days. To us, that's a minimum where we don't feel like we're trying to jam in too much to quick. Obviously, we could spend two weeks having fun there if we had the time and money, but we don't.

Within that 6 1/2 days, we figure about 1 1/2 days at Epcot, 1 day at AK, 1 1/2 days at MK, and 1 day at MGM, leaving 1 1/2 days for a water park and to hit whatever park we still want to hit. That's usually plenty for us, and we take it pretty easy, taking a break most afternoons to sit by the pool before heading back out for the evening for some dinner, one of the fireworks shows and then DTD.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Cool. Is there much to do at your resort? We're staying at port orleans riverside, and I know that there is a carraige ride that we would like to try. What else is there to do besides that and fishing? And I don't plan to fish, either. I can fish here at home and I ain't lugging my gear all the way down there. But is there much else to do there?

I'm not sure how much time we will spend in Downtown Disney. We went there and looked around last year and, it was okay I guess, but not too much to occupy much of our time. We don't party, so basically Disney Quest would be it, but someone said it's closing down soon.

Upvote 0

kachow

sbkline said:
Cool. Is there much to do at your resort? We're staying at port orleans riverside, and I know that there is a carraige ride that we would like to try. What else is there to do besides that and fishing? And I don't plan to fish, either. I can fish here at home and I ain't lugging my gear all the way down there. But is there much else to do there?

We stay at the Boardwalk Inn. We like it there because it has easy access to MGM and Epcot, has a couple of nice restaurants we like, and a couple night spots like ESPNZone and Jellyrolls.

Our daily routine is usually hit a park in the morning and stay until around 2pm, head back to the hotel and sit by the pool for maybe 2 hours, and then head out again to one of the parks until the fireworks. After that, we either hang out in the Boardwalk area or head to DTD and/or Pleasure Island. We like the Adventurer's Club, Rock 'n' Roll Club, and Comedy Club on PI.

So we really don't plan any non-park time during the day, and then the evenings are either another park and/or a nice dinner and/or DTD. We've always thought about mini-golf but never manage to get there. There are a couple good courses though.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

We are DVC Members and do a couple short 4-5 day trips a year. Because we have been so often we can get alot done in 4 days.

If you like to swim there are great pools at POR and POFQ. There are also 2 mini golf courses on property. You can take the water ferry to DTD from POR 9nice ride) Of course there are the water parks and we love to visit the other resorts. If you have never done it I think its worth at least a 1/2 day. The resorts have as much theming and bits of magic as parts of the parks.
Go see the animals at AKL, check out the incedible lodge at WL, have a great dinner at Ohana at Poly and then watch the electrical parade from a hammock on the beach or Wishes fireworks from the beach, have a "Kitchen Sink" ice cream dessert at Beaches & Cream at the Beach Club resort. Rent a watermouse boat or pontoon boat and ride around the lagoon...you will be able to see GF,Contemp,Poly and WL from the water.

In other words explore the "other side of WDW, not just the parks!

Have a great trip.

Upvote 0

dxwwf3

We used to stay 9 or 10 days, but that was with all 4 of my grandparents. Now that it is just my immediate family, we are able to see more things and in less time. And while a WDW trip isn't all about how many attractions you see, we now seem to be ready to get back home after 8 days. The bad thing about being so involved with WDW on the internet (message boards, news & rumors, podcasts) is that I feel that I'm missing out on WDW "stuff" when I'm actually THERE and do not have my computer :lol:. So yeah, this last trip especially, I got homesick for WDW and I was there. Go figure.

Upvote 0

Austin1

No less than 4 days. A perfect disney trip is around 7 days. You don't have to rush, it can actually be a vacation. Any more than 7 days and it kinda gets old imo.

Upvote 0

Austin1

dxwwf3 said:
The bad thing about being so involved with WDW on the internet (message boards, news & rumors, podcasts) is that I feel that I'm missing out on WDW "stuff" when I'm actually THERE and do not have my computer . So yeah, this last trip especially, I got homesick for WDW and I was there. Go figure.
I can totally relate to that!

Upvote 0

Seasider

All Star Sports in 96,99,00,02 and 05...just booked again for 07, stayed for 21 nights each time.....Its a long way to come to spend only a couple days in the magic :sohappy:

Upvote 0
we always stay 13 nights. go to the parks every other day, stay at our pool at the hotel POR go to the water park, do downtown disney play minature golf. we are going for Christmas this year and will be staying till new years,9 nights i wish we had longer but this amount of time let's us do everything:xmas:

Upvote 0

Aurora_25

Normally depends but generally it's at least 10 days on property and doing nothing but Disney stuff. Sometimes it is 2 weeks, but normally not longer than that.
Lots to do and I always feel like I am seeing something new each time we go even though we go at least once a year!!:eek:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom