How long do y'all stay?

sbkline

How long does everyone stay when you go down there? In our previous trips, we spent about 10 or 11 days in Kissimmee, but we did other theme parks and activities as well as Disney, so we just got 4 day parkhopper passes for the Disney Parks. Next year, Lord willing, we're going to stay on property and do almost everything Disney, although we may mini-golf in Kissimmee, go to the Orlando mall and possibly visit another theme park, depending on how much time we have to do Disney properly.

Anyway, we plan to arrive in Orlando and check in sometime on Monday April 16. If I can get enough miles in Sunday, hopefully, we'll have no more than 5 hours (maybe even less) to drive Monday and arrive by noon or so, and have pretty much all day Monday. We'll check out Sunday April 22, so that leaves the entire days of Tues-Sat and the majority of Monday and it will be decided later whether or not to stick around for a little more fun Sunday after checkout, or just hit the road, or do a non-Disney park before hitting the road. Is that about how much time you guys all stay? Does that sound like plenty of time to do all the parks sufficiently, as well as Disney Quest, mini-golf and the activities at the resort, as well as just being able to take it easy and go at a slower pace than when we only had 4 days?
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

TiggerificChick

It's hard for us to go during the year because we have to plan it around school. Sometimes we'll just go up there for the weekend or if there is a 3 or 4 day holiday weekend. But if we go during the summer or spring break, we go for 8-10 days!

Upvote 0

DisneyMarg

We've been for a week before, but normally we go for long weekends - 4 or 5 days. Last trip we arrived late Tuesday night and left early Sunday morning, giving us 4 days in the parks. Usually our length of stay is determined by how long we can be gone from home - and of course how much $$ we have.

I would love to take a 2 week trip. I like cheezedoodle's plan of going to the parks every other day and then spending the other day really relaxing. Sounds great.

Upvote 0
Normally we go on vacation for about 10 days, which consists of 7 days at Disney. It is a great time and I'm fortunate to spend as much time as I do there. Someday I would like to stay for like 2 weeks at Disney and soak it all up!!!

"Figment, you are ruining the tour!!!"

Upvote 0

3fordisney

We like 5 to 6 nights. 7 is a little much. We also usually go during value season and are able to do everything we want to in a short period of time. We are also planning on going during April 15- April21. We plan on the 15th and 21st being travel days and the rest all on Disney property. I have family down there that we visit, but they come on property to see us. We haven't done anything else but WDW while we are there.

Upvote 0

PJLukasik

I've done 4 days on several occasions. I feel it is just enough to do the major parks. It does feel a bit rushed, but you still get to see everything. I would say that 4 days is a good minimum.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

The last visit was a 14 day holiday to Orlando in which we bought a 10 Day Disney hopper ticket. Previous trips have been "on property" buying a 14 Day Length of Stay ticket. We visit other parks (particularly SeaWorld) and do the malls as well.

This year is a 21 Day ticket for our three week stay. This will include water parks and the above mentioned SeaWorld and malls. We do intend being in a Disney Park for 17 days - either a full or part day visit

Upvote 0

barnum42

Last three trips were on the back of a year pass. Two weeks Oct 2003, two weeks May 2004 and two weeks September 2004.

But I've not been since. Howeve, six weeks in a year keeps you going for quite some time.

Upvote 0

Pippa

Usually 14 nights but this year only 13, due to special deals on flights. Would love to stay for more though but work doesn't really allow us.

Upvote 0

LouDisney

I have an Annual Pass, so I try to take at least 2 or 3 trips a year. Usually a few small trips, small trips being about 4 days and then one that is anywhere from 7 to 11 days.

Upvote 0

menday917

How long to stay

Us Brits are greedy 16 Nights and it's never enough we back in April 2007 23rd April to May 9 can't wait 3 1/2 year old Mum and Dad And in-laws all disney nuts...............................

Upvote 0

kennygman

We've done 1 day MK a couple of 3 or 4 day trips, but mostly about a week. This time is 9 days 8 nights. Don't leave property too much, kids aren't old enough for "the other theme park" yet. We have a blast and ride EVERYTHING, and some things multiple and still get in some rest time each day by the pool.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom