How long before we start seeing tattoos on Disney CM's?

Dole Whip Happy Hour

As I said earlier, stereotype or not there are some cultures that frown upon tattoos. WDW has visitors from all over the world. When we finally get to Tokyo for example I’d be minded to ensure mine don’t show.

and if I am in their country yes, mind their rules, but why should we follow their rules when we are here in our own country? so we have to follow their social rules in both their country and ours?

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
and if I am in their country yes, mind their rules, but why should we follow their rules when we are here in our own country? so we have to follow their social rules in both their country and ours?

This is silly. Nobody is asking guests at WDW to cover up their tattoos as to not offend visitors from other countries. WDW is making their employees cover their tattoos as to not offend paying customers from other countries so they can separate those visitors from as much money as they can. Totally different.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Again, we are taking about WDW and its visitors and guests expectations and demographics.

Walt Disney1955

I like the idea that Disney is a notch above the rest of the parks. I am sorry, call me judgemental, and people will, but something screams "Carny" when you see a tattooed up guy running a ferris wheel or another ride. Disney has a much more clean image when it comes to that. Again, say whatever you want that tattoos shouldn't be judged on what looks "clean" or not, but they already have. This is why Disney doesn't have their CMs expose them. I don't doubt there are CMs that have them, but they are covered up. This idea of voluntarily marking up your body is ridiculous to me and my generation somehow because obsessed with it for some reason. Sorry, old fashioned or not, I like the days when the only people that had tattoos were ones you knew were tough men who either were in prison or fought in the War. Okay, flame away..............but I am on Disney's side with this one.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I like the idea that Disney is a notch above the rest of the parks. I am sorry, call me judgemental, and people will, but something screams "Carny" when you see a tattooed up guy running a ferris wheel or another ride. Disney has a much more clean image when it comes to that. Again, say whatever you want that tattoos shouldn't be judged on what looks "clean" or not, but they already have. This is why Disney doesn't have their CMs expose them. I don't doubt there are CMs that have them, but they are covered up. This idea of voluntarily marking up your body is ridiculous to me and my generation somehow because obsessed with it for some reason. Sorry, old fashioned or not, I like the days when the only people that had tattoos were ones you knew were tough men who either were in prison or fought in the War. Okay, flame away..............but I am on Disney's side with this one.
I am on Disney's side as well and i hold the opposite view on tattoo's to you. No need to apologise for yoir opinion.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Women fight in wars too ;)

Walt Disney1955

I am on Disney's side as well and i hold the opposite view on tattoo's to you. No need to apologise for yoir opinion.

I just think something loses its luster when you see a tattoo with a dolphin jumping through a hoop. It just isn't the same and now it seems everyone - women now too - seem to want to do it. It just isn't exclusive anymore. You used to know a guy who had one went through a rough time (War, prison). Now? Dolphins through hoops.

Rumrunner

I'm about to get a tattoo to cover up a mark I was left with after hospital treatment a few years ago. Does that make me immature? Would you walk away from me if you saw me coming and try not to notice me? My mother in her 50s is thinking of getting one to try and cover a nasty scar she's been left with after shoulder surgery as she hates the scar. Would the same apply to her?

As @Mr Ferret 88 said, there are some archaic and antiquated views of people with ink on show in this thread.
I never said anything about walking away from people with tattoos. Not sure where you got that. If you feel you need to get a tattoo to cover up something and you mother wants to get a 1000 tattoos-I don't really care. It is a sign of immaturity to me. That is just the way I feel.

Walt Disney1955

Women fight in wars too ;)

Yeah I know. But they look worse in tattoos. Sorry ladies, you have way better skin than us and nothing looks worse on you than looking masculine by marking up your body purposely. There is going to be a generation of grandmas looking ridiculous if you ask me. Just my opinion.

Oh boy, is this going to set off a firestorm, haha

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
I never said anything about walking away from people with tattoos. Not sure where you got that. If you feel you need to get a tattoo to cover up something and you mother wants to get a 1000 tattoos-I don't really care. It is a sign of immaturity to me. That is just the way I feel.
I just don't understand how it is a sign of immaturity ? I get you don't like them. Cool. But that just puzzles me.

Rumrunner

So my Mother got a tattoo to cover a quite visible scar ( she got it in her 50's).which made her feel happier in herself is immature ?

Classy comments sir .
Let me see if I have this right. If I express an opinion and have feelings that disagree with yours it somehow lacks class? No sure how you come to that conclusion. Is there anything else in which you think I am not entitled to my opinion.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Yeah I know. But they look worse in tattoos. Sorry ladies, you have way better skin than us and nothing looks worse on you than looking masculine by marking up your body purposely. There is going to be a generation of grandmas looking ridiculous if you ask me. Just my opinion.

Oh boy, is this going to set off a firestorm, haha
I think it depends on the tattoo. There are some really questionable ones i have seen and some that are amazing.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Let me see if I have this right. If I express an opinion and have feelings that disagree with yours it somehow lacks class? No sure how you come to that conclusion. Is there anything else in which you think I am not entitled to my opinion.
See my above question. You are entitled to your opinion but a blanket "immature choice" is what gets people upset.

faesolo

The reason Disney doesn’t allow them is because they “distract from Mickey.” It’s same reason for not allowing colored hair or piercings. It also distracts from the show and would ruin the magic. I don’t think Disney will ever allow tattoos, and as a cast member with tattoos I’m okay with that! It makes sense for the show and not messing with the magic.

Dole Whip Happy Hour

on a side note, do you think they would choose to have a potentially good employee with highly visible tattoos in the full character costumes instead of not hiring them? With huge parks, I really don't know how they decide where to put people....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom