How late do the pools stay open?

ThinkTink721

I can't remember...how late do the pools at the WDW resorts stay open?:veryconfu
I remember swimming at the POFQ pool last summer & it was after 9:00pm.
I just can't remember what time they usually close.
We are going in Sept.
:wave:

JustPlainBill

I stayed at the Yacht Club and the Polynesian a couple of weeks ago. Their pools closed at 8:00. I was told by the front desk that you could still swim until 11:00 PM at the Yacht/Beach club pool and you could stay in the pool all night at the Poly. I was told pool closing only meant there would be no life guard present and if you swam after hours it was at your own risk. I don't know though, because at prompty 8:00 the Y & B club lifeguards were actually telling people to get out of the pool and chains were put up to keep people out and I never saw anyone in the pool after hours. At the Poly when I returned to the hotel late coming back from the MK around midnight, I saw at least 10 - 15 people in the pool there after hours. I heard pool closing to also mean the pool doesn't actually close, just the water slides. I know this doesn't really answer your question, but this was what I observed 2-3 weeks ago, confusing as it is, at these two resorts.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

I stayed at the Yacht Club and the Polynesian a couple of weeks ago. Their pools closed at 8:00. I was told by the front desk that you could still swim until 11:00 PM at the Yacht/Beach club pool and you could stay in the pool all night at the Poly. I was told pool closing only meant there would be no life guard present and if you swam after hours it was at your own risk. I don't know though, because at prompty 8:00 the Y & B club lifeguards were actually telling people to get out of the pool and chains were put up to keep people out and I never saw anyone in the pool after hours. At the Poly when I returned to the hotel late coming back from the MK around midnight, I saw at least 10 - 15 people in the pool there after hours. I heard pool closing to also mean the pool doesn't actually close, just the water slides. I know this doesn't really answer your question, but this was what I observed 2-3 weeks ago, confusing as it is, at these two resorts.

Since the Yacht/Beach has that great sand bottom pool I can see why they would close. There is less of a chance for someone to get hurt and it keeps guests from other resorts from swimming in it since that is strictly enforced during open pool hours. We like to swim after a long, hot day of hitting the parks and do so a couple times during a trip. We have not had a problem at the Poly (quiet pool) or the quiet pools at POR swimming after 9:00.

Upvote 0

erasure fan1

Last year we stayed in the old key west pools till after 10. That was in Aug. and the only reason we got kicked out was some kid :hurl: in the pool and they said they had to treat it.

Upvote 0

sbkline

I was told pool closing only meant there would be no life guard present and if you swam after hours it was at your own risk.

I'm sure this is the same at all the resort pools, but from my experience staying at POR, in addition to no lifeguards present, "pool closing" also means that the water slides and falling water are turned off as well. During the day at Ol' Man Island (the POR pool), there was water that fell from tubes up above, and that gets turned off once the lifeguards leave. And the water slide was closed, too. But the pool was still open for swimming.

Upvote 0
We had just came back from an EMH night at the Magic Kingdom and went for a swim at the Contemporary til 4 am... no lifeguards and the waterslide wasn't open, but the pool was open.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Pop Century's pool stays open to at least midnight. The 2 times we have been down there during our March Break (2 years ago and this past March), me and the kids have went swimming after 10:30pm both times. I know the life guard leaves around 8 or 9pm though, but they still let us swim afterwards.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
The Y&BC "busy" pool is the only one I know of that is adjacent to a public walkway (although you can see the one at Boardwalk, you can't access it, officially, from that side) so I can understand closing it off. It is also, from my recollections of a past visit, very close to the guest rooms (literally outside the door of some) so that might also be an issue. It is very compartmentalized , with some areas being completely out of sight from others, which might lead to problems late at night.

Were the quiet pools also closed off?

Upvote 0

JustPlainBill

Were the quiet pools also closed off?
While I was at the YC I went over to the "quiet pool" and saw no life guard but saw people in the pool it was before 8:00 PM though. I assume maybe that was the pool the front desk was talking about when they said you could swim till 11:00 PM. They didn't specify which pool when I asked, I assumed it was both.

Upvote 0

jjgoo

I was at the Beach Club this past fall and if I remember correctly, the main pool actually does close at 8pm. However the quiet pool is open for whenever. I don't recall there actually ever being a lifeguard at the quiet pool or a way for the hotel to actually close the pool (other than draining it of course :lol: )

Upvote 0

Skylinecar1982

Two cm's more or less told me as long as my group is quiet(afterhours) and respectful you can swim whenever you want. This was at AKL. It's was really nice having the whole pool two ourselfs at 1am.

Upvote 0
checked on the disney site, all hotel pools are listed 7am to midnite with some hotels having different times on different days ... best thing to do is check at the front desk when you arrive

Upvote 0

SANDKRUSER

Last September at Pop, there were people in the pool all hours of the night (AND LOUD TOO). We had a poolside room next to the Hippy Dippy Pool (main pool) and had people screaming and yelling all night - once was 3:00 a.m.! I was not a "happy camper". I complained at the front desk but they told me it's impossible to keep everyone out of the pool. I couldn't believe how rude people were to be yelling and screaming at 1, 2 and 3 in the morning. There may have been other times they were in there and quiet - we ended up leaving the bathroom door open and the vent running all night to try and keep the noise level down. We had kids and people running up and down the walkway screaming in front of our room. I don't mind at all if someone wants to cool off late in the evening - just be courteous to the people who have their rooms there. We've went swimming later and have always been very quiet.

We're staying in the preferred section at Pop again this year and, as convenient as it was to be close to the main buildings, I'm going to request a room on the backside if possible just because of the noise late at night. We've stayed at the Movies too and found the same problem there (not nearly as bad as Pop).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom