How is resort parking billed?

EricPZ

Is it possible to pay for parking when you arrive, "I'm here for 6 nights, here's my card." when I arrive so I don't have to worry about it when it's time to leave?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Is it possible to pay for parking when you arrive, "I'm here for 6 nights, here's my card." when I arrive so I don't have to worry about it when it's time to leave?

It's like everything on your hotel bill... you just get things added to it and you close it out when you leave.

EricPZ

It's like everything on your hotel bill... you just get things added to it and you close it out when you leave.
That's what I figured...we like to sort everything out ahead of time...pay everything as we go so there's nothing to worry about when we leave. My only complaint on the overnight parking fee is there's no option to just pay ahead of time like your room, tickets, dining plan etc. Oh well. Thanks for responding.

flynnibus

Premium Member
That's what I figured...we like to sort everything out ahead of time...pay everything as we go so there's nothing to worry about when we leave. My only complaint on the overnight parking fee is there's no option to just pay ahead of time like your room, tickets, dining plan etc. Oh well. Thanks for responding.

Do you not use credit cards?

The amount you will need will be known.. You just pay it when your CC bill is due.

nickys

Premium Member

But what you can do is go to the desk and pay down your bill at any point. I imagine the car parking is added per night, so you could just pay it each day.

EricPZ

Do you not use credit cards?

The amount you will need will be known.. You just pay it when your CC bill is due.
Ha!!! My wife has been doing the Dave Ramsey thing and we now avoid using them whenever possible. ; )
But what you can do is go to the desk and pay down your bill at any point. I imagine the car parking is added per night, so you could just pay it each day.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. We typically hit play down whatever charges we have every day or so. Thanks.

Dave B

Ha!!! My wife has been doing the Dave Ramsey thing and we now avoid using them whenever possible. ; )

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. We typically hit play down whatever charges we have every day or so. Thanks.
While I appreciatethe Dave Ramsey style, you are leaving A LOT on the table when it comes to rewards on your Credit Card, use the CC to pay and use the Dave Ramsey method to pay the bill when it comes

CaptainJackNO

For those who have paid for parking, how is resort parking billed exactly? Do they charge per car that stays overnight? Sometimes we come over in more than one car or friends visit. I'm also asking so I can verify that we get billed correctly. On our last stay, my card got hit with the entire length of stay which made it hard to calculate exactly what I was billed for without going down to the front desk.

It's Disney magic. Every morning you wake up, open your My Disney Experience App, check your resort bill and BRrrrringggg....Like disney Magic, new resort charges appear :happy:

Each night you're there, they add another night's charges, and like others have said, the morning of your departure, they charge your CC, Debit Card the full parking amount. I asked if I could pay cash, but they basically said it would charge on its own. I am sure they will work it out for you, as long as Mickey gets his cheese. :)

nickys

Premium Member
It's Disney magic. Every morning you wake up, open your My Disney Experience App, check your resort bill and BRrrrringggg....Like disney Magic, new resort charges appear :happy:

Each night you're there, they add another night's charges, and like others have said, the morning of your departure, they charge your CC, Debit Card the full parking amount. I asked if I could pay cash, but they basically said it would charge on its own. I am sure they will work it out for you, as long as Mickey gets his cheese. :)

If the parking fee is added day by day, you can pay it off day by day. You can pay down your room charges whenever you want to. In cash, using a gift card, however you want.

But if you want to avoid your CC being hit, then you need to go to the front desk the night before you check out and pay it off then. Leaving it to the morning means your card will already be charged.

You can ask for an itemised list of all charges at any time too. Lots of people pay off their room charges before their CC is charged.

lawdogNOLA

We went and had made our reservation prior to the March 21st deadline, so no charge. We then extended by a day while we were there, and that charge showed up on our bill, and was charged on the card I had on file with the front desk.

Dave B

We went and had made our reservation prior to the March 21st deadline, so no charge. We then extended by a day while we were there, and that charge showed up on our bill, and was charged on the card I had on file with the front desk.
Charged for the one day, or the whole stay?

ThatMouse

Original Poster
... like others have said, the morning of your departure, they charge your CC, Debit Card the full parking amount. :)

If the parking fee is added day by day, you can pay it off day by day. You can pay down your room charges whenever you want to. In cash, using a gift card, however you want.

But if you want to avoid your CC being hit, then you need to go to the front desk the night before you check out and pay it off then. Leaving it to the morning means your card will already be charged.

You can ask for an itemised list of all charges at any time too. Lots of people pay off their room charges before their CC is charged.

For my last room-only reservation, my card was charged for the ENTIRE stay on the FIRST DAY of check-in (May 2018). This is NEW. That's what prompted me to ask the question whether parking will be included in that initial charge, or if it's charged at the end where we may leave without checking if they charged us for it! We have a number of stays still grandfathered in.

This does make it hard to go down and use your gift cards, although I'm sure they could just refund your card. Nowhere is Disney telling us when the cards are charged.

nickys

Premium Member
For my last room-only reservation, my card was charged for the ENTIRE stay on the FIRST DAY of check-in (May 2018). This is NEW. That's what prompted me to ask the question whether parking will be included in that initial charge, or if it's charged at the end where we may leave without checking if they charged us for it! We have a number of stays still grandfathered in.

This does make it hard to go down and use your gift cards, although I'm sure they could just refund your card. Nowhere is Disney telling us when the cards are charged.

So they charged parking separately, straight to your card? Not just added to your room charges?

ThatMouse

Original Poster
So they charged parking separately, straight to your card? Not just added to your room charges?

I am grandfathered in, so am not being charged. I just want to be on the lookout for the charge if they make a mistake. How they bill it isn't THAT big of deal, but I'm glad my topic helped answer some other aspects.

Tuvalu

Premium Member

If you have a room only reservation, the balance for the room has always been charged the moment of check in. This is not new. You can use whatever payment you’d like on arrival day.

Room charges, and the new daily parking fee, are posted every 24 hours. You can track your daily balance through MDE or inquire at the front desk. You can pay down those charges each day if you’d like, or wait until check out to pay off the balance. (If a credit card is attached to your reservation you won’t need to do anything to check out. )If your room charges meet a certain limit before you check out (used to be $1000 for values & mods and $1500 for deluxe....not sure if those limits still hold) Disney will charge your card on that day and subsequent charges will be billed upon reaching the limit again, or on check out day.

You will receive a copy of your folio on check out day and are able to view all charges and correct any errors before departure. If an incorrect charge appears after you have left the resort, you can contact the billing department (who are happy to help.)

Since the parking fee is a daily charge, it will not be billed in full on arrival day.

nickys

Premium Member
I am grandfathered in, so am not being charged. I just want to be on the lookout for the charge if they make a mistake. How they bill it isn't THAT big of deal, but I'm glad my topic helped answer some other aspects.

Huh???.

You said "for my last stay my card was charged for the entire stay on check-in day". So I assumed you meant you were charged for parking on day 1.

In the context of this discussion, I'd say how they bill it is important. If they're going to charge it direct to a CC at the start, they should say so at check-in.

Anyway, I would be very surprised if they charged this all at once up front. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've seen people post it was added for each night to their room charges.

nickys

Premium Member
If you have a room only reservation, the balance for the room has always been charged the moment of check in. This is not new. You can use whatever payment you’d like on arrival day.

Room charges, and the new daily parking fee, are posted every 24 hours. You can track your daily balance through MDE or inquire at the front desk. You can pay down those charges each day if you’d like, or wait until check out to pay off the balance. (If a credit card is attached to your reservation you won’t need to do anything to check out. )If your room charges meet a certain limit before you check out (used to be $1000 for values & mods and $1500 for deluxe....not sure if those limits still hold) Disney will charge your card on that day and subsequent charges will be billed upon reaching the limit again, or on check out day.

You will receive a copy of your folio on check out day and are able to view all charges and correct any errors before departure. If an incorrect charge appears after you have left the resort, you can contact the billing department (who are happy to help.)

Since the parking fee is a daily charge, it will not be billed in full on arrival day.

Thanks for that! It confirms what I thought would happen.

I had assumed @ThatMouse was referring to the parking charges. Apparently not!

Maerj

I agree. I think that the parking fee is kind of outrageous. But the least magical goodbye is that they give you a bill for parking at your hotel. If I got to pay it, I'd rather pay it ahead of time, I like everything taken care of in advance, so I don't have anything to worry about when I'm on my trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom