How is resort parking billed?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Hope this answers everyone’s questions:
For those who have paid for parking, how is resort parking billed exactly? Do they charge per car that stays overnight? Sometimes we come over in more than one car or friends visit. I'm also asking so I can verify that we get billed correctly. On our last stay, my card got hit with the entire length of stay which made it hard to calculate exactly what I was billed for without going down to the front desk.
I just spoke with a WL manager in regards to the parking fee. This is how it works:

When you arrive by car at your resort the gate attendant will scan your band (if you have one) or immediately code your reservation as having a vehicle. If you have checked in online your band will not work to open the gate upon your arrival (as @ScottKC mentioned.)There is no way to “sneak in” a car.

Your folio is charged the daily parking fee every 24 hours. How much you use your car....or if you return a vehicle a couple days into your stay.....is irrelevant. The parking fee is charged for the entire length of your stay if you arrive with a vehicle at check-in, regardless of the number of days the car is parked in the lot.

Should you arrive by DME or taxi/Uber/Lyft and decide to rent a car later, the parking fee will apply the first day you arrive in the vehicle and will be charged for the remainder of your stay, regardless of how long you keep the car.

If a party on the same reservation and in the same room has more than one vehicle, only ONE parking fee applies.

Reservations booked prior to March 31, 2018 do not incur the parking fee as the original booking date is noted on every reservation.

nickys

Premium Member

I just spoke with a WL manager in regards to the parking fee. This is how it works:

When you arrive by car at your resort the gate attendant will scan your band (if you have one) or immediately code your reservation as having a vehicle. If you have checked in online your band will not work to open the gate upon your arrival (as @ScottKC mentioned.)There is no way to “sneak in” a car.

Your folio is charged the daily parking fee every 24 hours. How much you use your car....or if you return a vehicle a couple days into your stay.....is irrelevant. The parking fee is charged for the entire length of your stay if you arrive with a vehicle at check-in, regardless of the number of days the car is parked in the lot.

Should you arrive by DME or taxi/Uber/Lyft and decide to rent a car later, the parking fee will apply the first day you arrive in the vehicle and will be charged for the remainder of your stay, regardless of how long you keep the car.

If a party on the same reservation and in the same room has more than one vehicle, only ONE parking fee applies.

Reservations booked prior to March 31, 2018 do not incur the parking fee as the original booking date is noted on every reservation.

Useful to know, thanks.

However, I'm pretty sure if you only rent a car for part of your stay, you could get the fee waved if you took your return rental agreement to the front desk at some point, preferably the same day.

It's still common sense to check in advance of checking out that everything was billed correctly. There are bound to be a few problems initially.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
However, I'm pretty sure if you only rent a car for part of your stay, you could get the fee waved if you took your return rental agreement to the front desk at some point, preferably the same day.
Possibly....but the manager was firm on the policy restrictions of no pro-rating for a stay, should a vehicle be returned early.

Agree it is absolutely prudent to review all charges before checking out.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Looks like they'll have to change the Disney Monopoly board...
DisMono.jpg

beanbunny

I have a question. We will have a split stay at the same resort. Once we park the car, it will never be moved, we much prefer Disney transportation to driving. How will paying for parking work? For example, we will check in on the 4th, technically check out on the 7th & recheck in on the 7th staying in the same room. We will ultimately check out & head for home on the 14th. In case you're wondering, we plan on purchasing the dining plan but a family member is joining us on the 4th & leaving the 7th (both via Magical Express). We don't want to deal with paying for her dining plan for the entire stay, 4th - 14th. Thanks for any help you may have.

JaxFLBear

Supposedly handicap parker's are not charged the daily fee. How do they know? Do you have to show your handicap sticker to the guard?
The WDW page about parking does not indicate that the resort parking fee is waived for those with a handicap tag, only that designated parking spaces are available.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/

I do know that the daily valet fee is waived if you have a valid handicap tag.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Just got back. When my wife checked in, they asked her, "Did she drive." She replied yes and they charged us.

Next time, I'll check in. If they ask me if I drove, I'll say no because I don't drive anywhere. It's not a lie, and I'll save money.

Except you are scanned each time u enter the lot...

Corylancaster

I wonder if using Uber/Lyft would be a way to by pass the daily charge. Like say I was a registered Lyft Driver with the stickers on the car and all that, but my wife's name was on the reservation; would they realize I wasn't just dropping her off if I just parked the car for the whole stay and we never left the lot until check out?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I wonder if using Uber/Lyft would be a way to by pass the daily charge. Like say I was a registered Lyft Driver with the stickers on the car and all that, but my wife's name was on the reservation; would they realize I wasn't just dropping her off if I just parked the car for the whole stay and we never left the lot until check out?
Reservations contain the names of all guests.

Hcalvert

What happens if you legitimately have one of them drop you off? How do they know you do not have a vehicle for the rest of your stay until they come to pick you up at the end of the stay? Just wondering if I fly into Sanford and get transportation to/from the airport only.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
(a) I wonder if using Uber/Lyft would be a way to by pass the daily charge. (b) Like say I was a registered Lyft Driver with the stickers on the car and all that, but my wife's name was on the reservation; would they realize I wasn't just dropping her off if I just parked the car for the whole stay and we never left the lot until check out?
(a) Yes, if it's not parking overnight
(b) No, it's parking overnight.

PG 134

They were very thorough in checking us in at the gate, the guard checked my ID against the reservation. I assume that is the point at which I was identified as having a vehicle.
At no point has the new "Disney Arrivals" app at the guard shack been presented to staff as part of Disney's quest for more money. I would hope the Security staff demand more money from the company for doing front desk work(not in their job description). The purpose of the guard shack is to determine whether people belong or not and to deter shady people.

Still though...has anyone tried going through the gate for the first time during a stay in the one without the guard to see if they can enter without having to check in with the guard first and just go straight to the room without checking in at the lobby to see if you can bypass the resort parking charge?
It would appear that the magic band will not work on the gated lane until the magic band has been used to enter the room. It will only work at the resort that the reservation belongs to.

Except you are scanned each time u enter the lot...
Using the handheld device to just scan a magic band only displays the band owner's name and resort/dinner reservations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom