How is resort parking billed?

ThatMouse

Original Poster
For those who have paid for parking, how is resort parking billed exactly? Do they charge per car that stays overnight? Sometimes we come over in more than one car or friends visit. I'm also asking so I can verify that we get billed correctly. On our last stay, my card got hit with the entire length of stay which made it hard to calculate exactly what I was billed for without going down to the front desk.

DisneyJoe

If you have a credit card on file with the resort, as well as your email address (which you should if you did online check in), the resort will email you the final folio as a pdf (folio is the resort bill/summary). The My Disney Experience app now shows you your room charges also.

I cannot answer your resort parking question.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would guess that once you are on record as having a car...you get hit for the whole stay no matter what you actually use/have.

It’s probably a mouse click...maybe even at the kiosk.

Minnie Mum

Your card will be billed the entire amount when you check out. But your folio, which you can get printed out by the front desk at any time (or by request when you get home as a PDF) will show every item separately. Parking would likely show as a daily line item, just like your room.

cdeev8690

When you say that you have friends visit, are they staying overnight in your room or just day visiting? If it's a day visit, they won't be charged but if they are staying overnight, that will be considered an additional vehicle on your reservation. Check with the front desk about how this scenario will be billed to you when you're checking in.

nickys

Premium Member
I have seen a report from someone who had friends come to stay for part of their trip. The friends stayed for 4 nights and had a car. When they checked out, they were billed for 4 nights. All the friends did was speak to the gate attendant when they arrived and scanned out when they left.

No idea how they're tracking it, but the bill was accurate. That said, you would want to check that before you left, ideally at the front desk so they could correct anything there and then.

ThatMouse

Original Poster
I have seen a report from someone who had friends come to stay for part of their trip. The friends stayed for 4 nights and had a car. When they checked out, they were billed for 4 nights. All the friends did was speak to the gate attendant when they arrived and scanned out when they left.

No idea how they're tracking it, but the bill was accurate. That said, you would want to check that before you left, ideally at the front desk so they could correct anything there and then.

That's interesting they scanned on the way out. That's something new. That's how they would track it right? I suspect it must be adding parking on the bill each night then. I wonder if they are stopping all guests now to pay cash if they don't have a reservation?

I realize I can check at the front desk, but my question was more of a 'what to expect' from those who have been charged the new parking fee.

geekza

If we check in via the app, is there a way to indicate that you have a car? I suspect we'll be arriving before we can get into our rooms.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Interesting. I wonder how its handled for those of us grandfathered in before the change. We are renting a car for the first time for our upcoming November stay and I'd hate to have to go down to the desk and dispute charges. :(

nickys

Premium Member
Interesting. I wonder how its handled for those of us grandfathered in before the change. We are renting a car for the first time for our upcoming November stay and I'd hate to have to go down to the desk and dispute charges. :(

Others have said they were correctly not charged for parking because they were grandfathered in. Maybe call at the front desk at some point and check they have it correctly noted. I wouldn't be worried, I haven't yet seen anyone saying they've had to dispute charges.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Others have said they were correctly not charged for parking because they were grandfathered in. Maybe call at the front desk at some point and check they have it correctly noted. I wouldn't be worried, I haven't yet seen anyone saying they've had to dispute charges.
Oh good that makes me feel better then!

ThatMouse

Original Poster
Just got back. When my wife checked in, they asked her, "Did she drive." She replied yes and they charged us.

Next time, I'll check in. If they ask me if I drove, I'll say no because I don't drive anywhere. It's not a lie, and I'll save money.

I wonder if that would work. We hardly ever "check-in" anymore though, so that can't be the only way they charge you. One person mentioned they scanned exiting which would be totally new, not to mention congested getting out.

ScottKC

They were very thorough in checking us in at the gate, the guard checked my ID against the reservation. I assume that is the point at which I was identified as having a vehicle.

Clamman73

Still though...has anyone tried going through the gate for the first time during a stay in the one without the guard to see if they can enter without having to check in with the guard first and just go straight to the room without checking in at the lobby to see if you can bypass the resort parking charge?

ThatMouse

Original Poster
Still though...has anyone tried going through the gate for the first time during a stay in the one without the guard to see if they can enter without having to check in with the guard first and just go straight to the room without checking in at the lobby to see if you can bypass the resort parking charge?

Good question - what exactly gives us gate access? I think the question of what determines when you get a parking fee is still very unclear, especially when you have multiple cars and visitors. Most (NON-DISNEY) hotels just give you a timestamped ticket and you pay the length you parked.

PaulaSB12

Has anyone been charged when they don’t have a car? I am planning on doing a couple of days at universal but considering parking charges and cost of insurance it’s cheaper to taxi rather than have a car. Last time I visited Disney the hire car spent more time parked so it’s just not worth it for me

ScottKC

Yes, I tried using my magic band (not to avoid being marked as having a car...just because I thought I was "checked-in") upon initial arrival. The gate would not open. So then the guard came over with a hand held device, checked my ID and then clicked/checked me in to his device. I would assume there is some sort of flag in the system that lets them know whether or not to charge you based on your date of booking.

Clamman73

Yes, I tried using my magic band (not to avoid being marked as having a car...just because I thought I was "checked-in") upon initial arrival. The gate would not open. So then the guard came over with a hand held device, checked my ID and then clicked/checked me in to his device. I would assume there is some sort of flag in the system that lets them know whether or not to charge you based on your date of booking.
Just to clarify....Did you get an email or text stating your room was ready before you tried?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom