How Far Out? First Timer needs help!!

Preacher Gravy

I just booked my first time trip for me and my wife the other day. We will be going on October 6th - 12th, 2008. We have gotten some great advice from these boards and were wondering about timeline dates on how far out we can book dining, request certain areas of a resort (we are staying at Coronado Springs) as well as anything else that may be booked in advance. Also we have not booked airfare yet, but will want to take the bus to the resort. Does anyone have a list of how far out things can be done? How do we book the bus? Any other help is appreciated for this newbie. (Sorry if this is answered somewhere else, I cannot find it.. . .)

WTBAD

You can book ADR 6 months in advance. I would book my flight as soon as possible. To book the Magical Express call (866) 599-0951 for Guest Services. Call GS before you book your flight. They will tell you which airlines thye do the Magical Express with.

Upvote 0

mickey&me

You can do Magical Express with ANY flight arriving at Orlando International. Be advised that the earlier you book your flight, the lower the price (usually), but the greater the chance for changes in flights.

So far as making room requests, you'll need to wait until a few days prior to arrival unless you have a medical need of some kind. It's best to fax your request to the resort about 3-4 days before arrival. Prioritize your requests, making the most important to you #1, and remember that requests for rooms can't be guaranteed.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

mgraef

I recommend constantly checking for better deals, AAA, etc. We did this last year in October and ended up saving around $600 so we added the meal plan. And yes, we were able to make most of the ADRs we wanted too.

mg

Upvote 0

kstella

For deals on flights you can register with Travelocity and have them notify you when the price drops. You have time to wait for a sale at this point, but if you wait too long, you might miss out on a great price.

Upvote 0
About Magical Express, the Disney website explains it fairly well (be sure the click the FAQ at the bottom of the page too): http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/resorts/benefitDetail?id=BenefitDMEDetailPage

We tend to fly Airtran and Southwest a lot because they have low fares and direct flights from our area. They usually don't post their fares until about 5 months before the flight. Many of the airfare search engines don't check their fares, but you can just go directly to their websites.

Just curious, why did you pick Coronado Springs - going to a convention? They seem to get a lot of convention traffic and guests not going to a convention tend to stay at other resorts.

Have fun!!

Upvote 0

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Just curious, why did you pick Coronado Springs - going to a convention? They seem to get a lot of convention traffic and guests not going to a convention tend to stay at other resorts.

Have fun!!
Not sure where you heard this from... yes Coronado has a comvention hall, but it is great to stay at being a non-conventioner because of the low crowds for buses/pools. It is a beautiful resort and it having a convention center can be a very good thing for vacationers!

Upvote 0

coltow

Dining can be done 180 days from your arrival date

Flights, I usually do them about 6 months ahead of time. Costs are low and chances are lower for a schedule change. You will want to re-confirm flights and perhaps dining about 2 weeks before you leave (I always do).

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

I just booked my first time trip for me and my wife the other day. We will be going on October 6th - 12th, 2008. We have gotten some great advice from these boards and were wondering about timeline dates on how far out we can book dining, request certain areas of a resort (we are staying at Coronado Springs) as well as anything else that may be booked in advance. Also we have not booked airfare yet, but will want to take the bus to the resort. Does anyone have a list of how far out things can be done? How do we book the bus? Any other help is appreciated for this newbie. (Sorry if this is answered somewhere else, I cannot find it.. . .)
Dining - book 180 days in advance (a must for some meals)
Resort Requests - we have already made ours for Sept. 2008 :D
DME - Since you are staying at a WDW resort, just let them know your flight #'s & let them know that you will need the DME. They will send you vouchers for boarding the buses prior to your trip.

:wave:

Upvote 0

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
You can book dining reservations up to 180 days in advance. Also, since you are staying on property, you can realistically book 10 more additional days (190 days) from the first date of your hotel reservation. That is how I got breakfast in the castle w/cinderella at a time of MY choice, not based on what was available, and believe it or not, there were a few times not available.

Have fun!!!! Check out the menus on www.allearsnet.com.
:animwink:

Upvote 0

bigtotoro

I would book 180 days to the day. That's really the only way to guarantee what you want. I'm 47 days out and can't get Ohana, Concourse, or Artist's Point for an appropriate time on a specific day.

Upvote 0

Preacher Gravy

Original Poster
so if my start date is October 6th, 2008, that means I can book meals starting on April 6th, 2008. Is this correct? Also what are some great restaurants (me and wife, both 26, no kids, wanting to do fun, but also a nice meal or two. Would this be Epcot? Can I get a guarentee (SP?) on being able to see the fireworks from a spot?) Thanks!

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

so if my start date is October 6th, 2008, that means I can book meals starting on April 6th, 2008. Is this correct? Also what are some great restaurants (me and wife, both 26, no kids, wanting to do fun, but also a nice meal or two. Would this be Epcot? Can I get a guarentee (SP?) on being able to see the fireworks from a spot?) Thanks!
Count back exactly 180 days - from 10/6/08, that would be 4/9/08 (if I am calculating it correctly).
Restaurants for couples w/ no kids:
California Grill at the Contemporary Resort (can see fireworks from the Magic Kingdom if make reservations at the correct time)
Boma or Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge
LeCellier at Epcot in Canada
The Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht & Beach Club
Cape May Cafe' at the Beach Club
'Ohana's at the Polynesian Resort (may can see fireworks from the Magic Kingdom-some tables have a castle view)
Grand Floridian Cafe' at the Grand Floridian Resort
Hoop Dee Doo Revue Dinner Show at Fort Wilderness
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at the Polynesian Resort
Whispering Canyon at Fort Wilderness
The Liberty Tree Tavern at the Magic Kingdom
Tony's Town Square Restaurant at the Magic Kingdom
The Garden Grill at Epcot in The Land
Rose & Crown Pub at Epcot in the UK (can see Illuminations)
Hollywood & Vine at Disney Studios
Tusker House Restaurant at the Animal Kingdom
The Coral Reef at Epcot in The Living Seas
There are others to choose from. These are just some that we have tried or that I have heard good things about.
If you want to see the fireworks, you will have to book your reservation around the time that they will be shown.

:wave:

Upvote 0

lilclerk

So far as making room requests, you'll need to wait until a few days prior to arrival unless you have a medical need of some kind. It's best to fax your request to the resort about 3-4 days before arrival. Prioritize your requests, making the most important to you #1, and remember that requests for rooms can't be guaranteed.

I'm pretty sure the resorts no longer accept faxes for requests. Best thing you can do is call the reservation line, and they'll note your reservation for you. You can do that any time.

You could dine at the California Grill in the Contemporary Resort and if you time it right, you can see Wishes in the MK from there. Or I think it's Rose & Crown in Epcot that has outdoor seating for IllumiNations.

Upvote 0

lscott933

| CALCULATOR | FAQ | REPORT |
Back to AllEarsNet
PS* Calculator Version 8.0
Enter in the Date you want to make your PS at Walt Disney World and press the CALC button.
*PS means Priority Seating at Walt Disney World.
123456789101112 / 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 / 20062007200820092010201120122013201420152016
You can make your 365 Day Advanced Reservations onYou can make your 180 Day Advanced Reservations onYou can make your 105 Day Advanced Reservations onYou can make your 90 Day Advanced Reservations onYou can make your 75 Day Advanced Reservations onYou can make your 60 Day Advanced Reservations onYou can make your 45 Day Advanced Reservations onYou can make your 30 Day Advanced Reservations on

EDITOR'S NOTE: If you see inaccurate information please send us feedback. Thank You!

LocationRestaurant/EventNotes[SIZE=+1]365 Day (1 Year) AR Events[/SIZE]Ft. Wilderness ResortMickey's Backyard BBQDinner - More InformationFt. Wilderness ResortGolf Cart RentalCall the Bike Barn
at 407-824-2742[SIZE=+1]180 Day AR Events[/SIZE]All Resorts & ThemeparksAll Restaurants including Character MealsAll WDW Resort and Off-Site GuestsFt. Wilderness ResortHoop-Dee-Doo Musical RevueDinner - More InformationPolynesian ResortSpirit of Aloha Polynesian LuauDinner - More InformationGrand FloridianVictoria & Albert'sChef's Table OnlyDowntown DisneyCirque de SoleilMore InformationGrand FloridianTraditional Afternoon TeaMore InformationGrand FloridianGrand Adventures in CookingMore InformationBeach & Yacht ClubsAlbatross Treasure CruiseMore InformationGrand FloridianPirate Treasure Hunt CruiseMore InformationGrand FloridianWonderland Tea PartyMore InformationGrand FloridianThe Chef's Domain At Citrico'sMore InformationChild CareSome WDW ResortsCall 407-WDW-DINEDisney-MGM StudiosFantasmic! Dinner PackageDinner OnlyDowntown DisneyFulton's Crab HouseCall 407-WDW-DINEDowntown DisneyHouse of BluesCall 407-WDW-DINEDowntown DisneyPortobello Yacht ClubCall 407-WDW-DINEWilderness LodgePicnic CruiseCall 407-WDW-PLAY[SIZE=+1]105 Day AR Events[/SIZE]Disney Cruise LineExcursions, Palo Dining, Kids ClubSuite Guests, Romance Plan Only[SIZE=+1]90 Day AR Events[/SIZE]Disney Cruise LineExcursions, Palo Dining, Kids ClubCastaway Club MembersFt. Wilderness ResortTrail Rides @ Tri-Circle D RanchMore InformationMagic KingdomFireworks CruiseCall 407-WDW-PLAYEPCOTSpeciality CruiseCall 407-WDW-PLAYAll Golf CoursesTee TimesWDW Resort Guests OnlySome ResortsFishing TripsMore Information Contemporary ResortParasailingMore InformationContemporary ResortWaterskiingMore InformationTypoon LagoonSurfing LessonsMore Information[SIZE=+1]75 Day AR Events[/SIZE]Disney Cruise LineExcursions, Palo Dining, Kids ClubALL Guests[SIZE=+1]60 Day AR Events[/SIZE]Downtown DisneyWolfgang Puck CafeDinner OnlyFt. Wilderness ResortHorse-drawn Carriage RidesMore InformationMGM-Brown DerbyLunch/Dinner with a Disney ImagineerMore Information[SIZE=+1]45 Day AR Events[/SIZE]Disney Travel CompanyAll Disney ResortsFinal Balance Payment Due[SIZE=+1]30 Day AR Events[/SIZE]EPCOT-FranceBistro de ParisDinner OnlyAll Golf CoursesTee TimesOff-Site Guests​

Scott L. Thomas 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 © All Rights Reserved
Last updated on: Jul 14 2006 00:00:09

The PS Calculator is not affiliated with, maintained by, or in any way officially
connected with the Walt Disney Company or any of it's affiliates.

| CALCULATOR |

here is a calculator to tell you when

Upvote 0

coltow

There are plenty of nice places to eat. Get a guide book and read up on the restaurants and pick the ones that most appeal to you. Our personal favs for great "adult" meals are Le Cellier, Yachtman Steakhouse and Artist Point. Our favorite character meals (and we always do at least one because they are fun) are Liberty Tree Tavern, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom