How far are you traveling to go to WDW?

disneygirl1

Hey, me too!! We fly - 15-20 min. to the airport (thanks for the ride, Dad!) and then 2.5-3 hours on the plane, I think (it seems like forever, the anticipation!!). When I was growing up we always drove - pulling a trailer! You know Disney World is a magical place :king: when you will tolerate 6 people in a van (4 of them teenagers:eek:!!) for two days of driving.

I can relate, the 2 1/2 hour flight seems like an eternity!!!! I feel sorry for those people who have really long flights! The anticipation is just too much.

Looks like you will be coming home from the World the day we arrive. Can't wait for December to hurry up an get here!!

TheKeeler7

I'm about a 35 minute ride to the airport, Logan to be exact then a 3 1/2 hour flight from there. I live in Gloucester, MA. We used to be known for the Perfect Storm, but now we are known for something else....... :lookaroun

Atleast it gave us a break from the Entwistle trial coverage on the news.

Were from Bellingham, MA about an hour soutwest of Boston.

We always drive down (DW won't fly) about 22hrs over 2 days with 5 kids ages 5-13. The funny thing is we can't drive 3 miles to Wal-mart without a fight, but a 22 hour drive to Disney we have no problems

The Empress Lilly

I'm going to Amsterdam for the first time in about month! What's something I shouldn't miss?
Hey! This is a family forum...:D

But seriously. Amsterdam is a gorgeous place in summer. Just your quaint, old European city, a delight for those with an eye for it. What you shouldn't miss, is simply taking a few leisurely strolls around the canals. The city is very compact, with all the museums, bars, shops concentrated in a clear city centre. You'll know where to go and what to see once you get there! Other than that, everything depends on your own personal preferences. Let me know if you want any specific tips.

Hope you'll enjoy your stay! :sohappy:

I live pretty close to here:

amsterdam480pv2.jpg

Joy Peace

Ok we are from Sunny San Diego, CA and we are 2427 miles away from WDW. This July will be driving 804 miles to Albuquerque, New Mexico to drop off the kids with the grandparents then hubby and I are flying the rest of the way from there. Whoo Hoo we cant wait!:sohappy::D:sohappy::D

Kelsybelle

Atleast it gave us a break from the Entwistle trial coverage on the news

Were from Bellingham, MA about an hour soutwest of Boston.

We always drive down (DW won't fly) about 22hrs over 2 days with 5 kids ages 5-13.The funny thing is we can't drive 3 miles to Wal-mart without a fight, but a 22 hour drive to Disney we have no problems

Right?! I hate watching the news these days! :(

jmicro59

3100 miles one way from Edmonton to Orland. Leaving July 17th. One car, four people one destination. This had better be the best darn WDW vacation EVER! :)

Mikester71

I am from Ontario, Canada; just north of you a few hours and across the border from Michigan. I have been to WDW twice and drove both times (absolutely loved it). Can't wait to make the LONG drive down there next March again.
:wave:

lisak09

We live fairly near Dublin Airport, about 15-20 mins drive. Then its a 7hr 15min flight to JFK followed by a 2hr 45min flight to orlando. Once we're there it's all worth it:)

jonnyc

Well i'm from just out Wolverhampton in the West Midlands, i could fly from Birmingham, but the company we go don't fly from Brum so we fly from Manchester, so its a 2 hour drive i think? Then a 9 hour flight, but that soon passes on the way there after a movie or two. And the movies are usually very good.

Does anyone else miss when the Virgin Atlantic planes had games? I specifically liked that racing game. I was gutted when they werent on, on my last trip to the World.

Mybails

We're from Winnipeg too

Winnipeg Manitoba... Last time we drove...non stop.. it hurt.. This time we're flying.

but we're driving again. I like the drive. I love looking at the hills and all. Coming from Manitoba (nothing but flat) anything larger than an ant hill is scenery LOL.

So round trip about 4300 miles.

Macaylasmom

We are jut outside Philly too. Takes us about 30 minutes to PHL, then 2 hours to MCO. Wish I was closer though. Valley Forge Park is about 15 minutes down 202 from us.

thevader1376

Well I'm in Tulsa, OK. We used to have a nice direct flight to MCO but that got cancelled a couple of years ago, so now we have to connect everytime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom